Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (SPOILER Thread)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (SPOILER Thread)
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So it's out! Yes it's early. But of all things it's on sale at 3 different places- which is funny all 3 don't normal sell them early.

So I'm in a pickle- I have not finished MF and want to dive right in.....Sorry MF. I think you're getting pushed over.

Now for those who HAVE read it- this is your thread. Spoil away with no fears. If you have not read it- go back to the speculation thread or consider yourself warned.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For a long time this is the first Star Wars novel of which I don't want to read spoilers before I read it myself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's out already?! Shocked
I completely forgot about. I had been meaning to re-read the first two, but I always dismissed it, thinking I had plenty of time. Guess I have some reading to do.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
It's out already?! Shocked
I completely forgot about. I had been meaning to re-read the first two, but I always dismissed it, thinking I had plenty of time. Guess I have some reading to do.

I stopped MF- so far it kicks right off. I love seeing the Sith! For once it's not Vader's POV.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote  

This book is AWESOME!!! (yes, worthy of three exclamations) Drew wrote a book that not only topped his two previous books, but was superbly solid throughout, right to the final word. When I first picked it up I thought "Great, another slim hardback." But this is one of those books that didn't need filler. There weren't any lapses, any confusing parts, or any boring side trips. It was cover to cover goodness.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Now as it stands, my favorite Star Wars book is Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. After finishing Dynasty of Evil, I'd say it's worthy of the number 2 spot, which is saying alot, especially for a book in a series.

Anybody else read it yet?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bought it, read it, loved it Very Happy !!! I will say that I was a little annoyed by...

Having said that, I do indeed site the bane trilogy as a whole when referring to favorite stories in Star Wars EU. I think That SoM is the best, on that Skuldren is right, but this trilogy as a whole would be a worthy second place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote  

See, I was fine with the ending and I even understood what Drew was getting at. He posted on his site a little further elaboration that eliminated the ambiguity. And I think it's a nice touch.

*Warning! Don't read unless you want the ending spoiled!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, thank you Skuldren, that actually really makes the ending better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes as others said - this book was awesome!!!

I have some thoughts on it and I will add them later, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, then call me stupid. I thought it was Bane that lived inside of Zannah and that he just lied to Cognus for some reason.

This book was awesome. I've liked all three of the Bane books and I hope they continue writing in this time period. Keep giving the contract to DK as far as I am concerned. My free reading time is somewhat limited(thus taking me a while to get through a book), but I stayed up much later than usual a couple of nights to finish this off. When I do that I usually fall asleep, but this book wouldn't let me fall asleep.

Great mind games and action scenes. Interesting way of tying the characters together from the first novel. He definitely left me wanting more as far as Zannah, Cognus and Set are concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well here are my thoughts, super spoilers:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote  

What did everyone think of the new Force powers that were used in the book? I thought they were awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
What did everyone think of the new Force powers that were used in the book? I thought they were awesome.

I thought those tendrils were pretty creepy and I certainly didn't see it coming. Once he vanquished her mind tricks I thought the only way he would die was by accident. That was a nice surprise.

I thought the Huntress ability to supress someone else's use of the force was pretty interesting too, particularly from someone untrained in the force. She could end up pretty devastating, figuring what she could already do with no training.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah, the Huntress' ability is like a weak Force sever. With training, who knows how devastating that could be. She could be like a Ysalamiri.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Yeah, the Huntress' ability is like a weak Force sever. With training, who knows how devastating that could be. She could be like a Ysalamiri.

Yep but even better:

Another question I have:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 3