Log in to check your private messages
Luke Skywalker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6711
Location: Sailing into the unknown

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I don't think it's a matter of it being right for Jaina and not for Luke. It's just that Luke would likely go dark if he killed Jacen, but Jaina wouldn't.


Cause Jania as his twin sister, and Mara's Apprentice has less attachment? See I couldn't buy it. It doesn't make sense. It would have maybe had Jania used any of the Mando training she ARGUED she'd need to do the job no one else could. I would say these are signs too Luke missed- she was preparing to kill Jacen from the start- his letting her train was about as close to signing the assassination slip. After all when she did it she was sneaking into a GA ship and killed it's commander- hmm like Tahiri killed Palleaon and then had to stand trial...

I'm telling you it's fishy. Smile

Yeah, I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but that was their logic. However I disagree about Jaina having less problems killing Jacen without going dark. Mara was Jaina's aunt and teacher, true, but she was Luke's wife. It makes sense Luke would have a stronger attatchment to Mara. That and the fact that Jacen was Jaina's brother and it would be hard to kill him with vengeance, because of how much they love(d) each other.
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Queen Padmè Skywalker
Master
Master

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 5117
Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I agree that Jaina would have less feelings of vengeance than Luke, but the whole thing just felt wrong. *sigh*
_________________
All things die, Anakin Skywalker, even stars burn out.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.



Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..


Yeah, I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but that was their logic. However I disagree about Jaina having less problems killing Jacen without going dark. Mara was Jaina's aunt and teacher, true, but she was Luke's wife. It makes sense Luke would have a stronger attatchment to Mara. That and the fact that Jacen was Jaina's brother and it would be hard to kill him with vengeance, because of how much they love(d) each other.


I agree- but they totally dismiss Jaina's feeling over Lukes (Stupid- ignoring Jaina leaves her vulnerable to the DS here- she DOES have a strong emotional attachment too- granted not AS much as Luke with Mara- but MORE so as a Twin to the murdered.


I feel they both had just as much being risked- but everyone ignored it's consequences with Jaina- and that doesn't feel right- never had.
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Queen Padmè Skywalker
Master
Master

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 5117
Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I agree- but they totally dismiss Jaina's feeling over Lukes (Stupid- ignoring Jaina leaves her vulnerable to the DS here- she DOES have a strong emotional attachment too- granted not AS much as Luke with Mara- but MORE so as a Twin to the murdered.


I feel they both had just as much being risked- but everyone ignored it's consequences with Jaina- and that doesn't feel right- never had.


Agreed. But my biggest peeve is still the whole "becoming tainted" excuse. Pathetic.
_________________
All things die, Anakin Skywalker, even stars burn out.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.



Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6711
Location: Sailing into the unknown

Yeah. I'm not being their advocate, just wanted to get that out there.
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

I think we're all in agreement it should have went different. Laughing
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6711
Location: Sailing into the unknown

Yeah. Laughing

Where I differ though is that I thought it was wrong of the Jedi Order to send Jaina to take out Caedus, I thought it was a story well told (for the most part Wink ).
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Reepicheep wrote:
Yeah. Laughing

Where I differ though is that I thought it was wrong of the Jedi Order to send Jaina to take out Caedus, I thought it was a story well told (for the most part Wink ).


Yeah I agree it was well told, but I felt the reasons were short, and the extra training felt like it was purposely ignored. I think that was part of my issue with the series, as much as KT's books didn't fit- it seemed like Denning went out of his way to drop her story line. And then when Aaron's turn came around his too was missing all the Mando side stuff. I was looking forward to how it all tied together. And it hurt the series in 2 ways as well.

Luke should have been concerned that Jaina WOULD NEED a Mando to teach her anything on catching Jedi, she was hunting a Sith, something the JEDI had practice with, not Mandos.

Granted that's really splitting hairs- they were both force using groups.

But that's my only grip with Denning- I don't like his endings. He's great in the beginning and middle can do a heck of a stand alone, but give him a series and then let him end it and things feel unanswered and dropped.


I didn't like how they made Luke impotent in essence to the story. But at least they did give him something to do at the end. But even then Han was almost out staging his role then too.
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Queen Padmè Skywalker
Master
Master

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 5117
Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

LotF had it's moments and I enjoyed it at the time, but looking back I just really wish they'd gone a different direction with it.
_________________
All things die, Anakin Skywalker, even stars burn out.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.



Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6711
Location: Sailing into the unknown

LotF was my first Expanded Universe venture so I'm biased because, for me, it started it all. Smile
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Reepicheep wrote:
LotF was my first Expanded Universe venture so I'm biased because, for me, it started it all. Smile


That's interesting in and of itself really....

All this new breed of fan with new perspectives on things just due to the order they have read things- it's all intriguing!
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Mace Windu
Knight
Knight

Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Posts: 113

Woah, we could do some more Luke discussion folks.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  YodaBauer2442
Knight
Knight

Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 456
Location: Sofa

Love to join in, but seeing as I have only read through Star by Star I don't think I have anything novel to say.
_________________
"To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits. " Dr. Walter Bishop

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop



View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Mara Jade Skywalker
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 5504
Location: Beyond Shadows

Another pun! I'm not sure this one was intentional, but you're hilarious. Wink
_________________

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker



View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  YodaBauer2442
Knight
Knight

Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 456
Location: Sofa

Intentional but I wasn't sure if it was bad enough to be funny :p And thanks.

But I do have the problem of not being able to talk past Star by Star. I want to get through NJO this summer, but it might not happen.
_________________
"To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits. " Dr. Walter Bishop

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop



View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 5 of 6
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Display posts from previous:

  

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights 2 by Scott Stubblefield