S2 - Episode 11: Lightsaber Lost
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2 - Episode 11: Lightsaber Lost
 PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote  

Season 2 - Episode 11: Lightsaber Lost
Airs: January 22, 2010 at 8:00 PM Central time (9:00 PM Eastern)

Summary: When a wily pickpocket steals Ahsoka's lightsaber, she enlists the help of an ancient Jedi to track down her weapon and reclaim her honor.

Featured Characters: Ahsoka Tano, Jedi Master Tera Sinube, Cassie Cryar, Ione Marcy

Featured Locations: Coruscant

*Thanks to tv.ign.com for this one. Starwars.com has really been lagging in releasing episode information. Confused

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quote  

Don't go looking for new Star Wars this Friday. Seems like they're on hiatus again. Wednesday Senate Spy will be on, and Friday Brain Invaders is running again (both at 8:00 pm Central time / 9:00 pm Eastern). Brain Invaders will be on again Saturday morning at 7:30 am central time.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Don't go looking for new Star Wars this Friday. Seems like they're on hiatus again. Wednesday Senate Spy will be on, and Friday Brain Invaders is running again (both at 8:00 pm Central time / 9:00 pm Eastern). Brain Invaders will be on again Saturday morning at 7:30 am central time.

Man gotta love messed up dates and times....good way to lose people's interest.......

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

"Lightsaber Lost"? That's the title? And a whole episode revolves around Ahsoka trying to get her lightsaber back? *bangs head against wall* Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I foresee another "This weapon is your life!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Jedi Joe wrote:
I foresee another "This weapon is your life!!!"

Yep. While I found the implication that Anakin was always losing his lightsaber in the movies funny, watching Ahsoka do it will not be amusing. Then again, this is one of the rare moments when the writers of TCW admit that Ahsoka isn't perfect. Hmmmm.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wonder what they mean by "ancient Jedi"...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi Joe wrote:
I wonder what they mean by "ancient Jedi"...

Yoda....A Kaminoan designed for long range missions. Heck their are a few races who could be ancient and considered young to their race.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote  

Ahsoka never makes mistakes.

Laughing

Bout time I got a whole Ahsoka episode. She better pwn that ancient Jedi with her innate super abilities.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Ahsoka never makes mistakes.

Laughing

Bout time I got a whole Ahsoka episode. She better pwn that ancient Jedi with her innate super abilities.

*sigh* Guys, Skuldren has been lost to the dark side. It's too late to save him. There is only one option: he must be destroyed along with his Ahsoka signature! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote  

You know I almost got rid of my sig yesterday. Almost. It was a close call brushing up to the light side like that.

Oh, and starwars.com updated their episode guide finally. This episode will be featuring Coruscant's underworld. Interesting quote on TheForce.Net "While still boasting one of the series’ most memorable action sequences, the episode also focuses on an unlikely juxtaposition – and the quiet humor that results from Ahsoka’s new friendship." This episode will be taking a step away from the war, but from the sounds of it, will still be very entertaining.

Check out the full article on TheForce.Net for more insight from the episode's director: http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Preview_TCW_Lightsaber_Lost_128867.asp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That was an encouraging article. I thought it sounded boring before, but it might be nice to slow things down a little and a little comedy (unless it's bad comedy) never hurts.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Totally missed this episode. I knew it was on, but I had a friend over and we decided that watching ESB would be a much better use of our time. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Did anyone else feel the graphics for the new characters was super sup par? I had a very hard time "feeling" these characters existed in the SWU.

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 am Reply with quote  

Well the fishy guy was recycled from that one bounty hunter on Cad's team. The elder Jedi was kind of lame, certainly not as cool as a dozen other aliens. I'm not sure if this guy's species existed before, but I think they could have gone with an existing species that looked a lot cooler and been better off. And the jumper girl didn't look too great either. They had a good design to go with, but what they ended up with could have been better.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

And the jumper girls side kick was less than spectacular with those vertically lidded eyes.

But yeah, overall, I would say the new character models were a little poor. I think they might have been better if they'd pulled in some of the lighting effects they used heavily in Holocron Heist. If you go back to that episode, they really made the characters look awesome with sunlight effects and shadows. I didn't notice that in this episode (if it was there, it wasn't memorable).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2