An Important Announcement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
An Important Announcement
 PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Ladies and gentlemen of the Cantina, we interrupt your regularly scheduled posting to bring you a few words actually written by a much missed member of the forums. Very Happy

A message from Beyond Shadows:

Mara Jade Skywalker has returned in spirit to relay the following. She will continue to use the third person, as she is not actually present, and so finds it fitting. Her message is regarding the EU Cantina Fantasy Football League. She would like to express how excited she is to have won the Championship and overcome Darth Elmo's Doom Squad! The dastardly Dark Lord Darth Elmo has finally succumbed to the greater power: the Mara Jade SkySaints. Smile

Mara would like to dedicate the win to the New Orleans Saints, her amazing team. While they may have lost the last three games, she only blames them for the Buccaneers game. Dallas played far too well to cry over that loss, and without Brees, they really didn't have a chance of winning yesterday. The Bucs game was their own fault, however, and Mara willingly admits that. But her team has played an amazing season this year, and no one can dispute that. She wishes them the best in the playoffs, and hopes to see them go all the way. Who Dat!

And last, but not least, Mara would like to say how much she misses you guys. She still intends to return one day, and though you may all be gone by that point, that still remains to be seen. And so she wishes everyone the best, and hopes to see them again one day. May the Force be with you.

`Mara Jade Skywalker

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Don't worry, I'll be staying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm packing my bags tomorrow.

I guess that puts us all in a sticky spot. Wink

Tell her I said congrats, and that something special will happen with the "who dat" on EUCast. I am having someone preparing something much better than me just chanting it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yea, the "who dat" segment will be awesome... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll probably be still here, but you never know. I don't know a lot about football, but it was good to hear from Beyonf the Shadows. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Weren't we all asked to discourage Mara's presence here until she and things at home were worked out?

This feels like cheating....

Alright- that said (I've done my part)

Now for real- Mara it's been half life here on the EUC boards without ya. Hope all works out soon! Take care- and catch Avatar in 3D or don't waste your time - tip from the ol Rogue!

God Bless!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Weren't we all asked to discourage Mara's presence here until she and things at home were worked out?

Well, technically, she was never here. She never logged on, she never even visited the site. So, *waves hand* Hers is not the presence you felt! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Well, technically, she was never here. She never logged on, she never even visited the site. So, *waves hand* Hers is not the presence you felt! Wink

Hers is not the presence I felt...

*shakes head*

Huh... some reason I started REALLY missing Mara's online presence. Smile

Like when you walk into a room and you KNOW something's missing.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

Last edited by illogicalRogue2 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Whatever happened to Mara anyway, did she get too busy with college or something? I must have really missed something.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anakinlover89 wrote:
Whatever happened to Mara anyway, did she get too busy with college or something? I must have really missed something.

Check out the "Tearful Goodbye" thread in the Mos Eisley Cantina. She explained it there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Anakinlover89 wrote:

Check out the "Tearful Goodbye" thread in the Mos Eisley Cantina. She explained it there.

Just read the thread thats so sad, Too bad her dad just didn't look the site over. I mean my parents were cautious with me at first onine but once I hit 18 they were like you can make your own decision, or sometimes they will still look over a site and if they find it ok they still let me go on it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anakinlover89 wrote:
Just read the thread thats so sad, Too bad her dad just didn't look the site over. I mean my parents were cautious with me at first onine but once I hit 18 they were like you can make your own decision, or sometimes they will still look over a site and if they find it ok they still let me go on it.

Yeah, it was sad to see her go. But, you never know, things could change. She might be back someday. My parents were really careful with me at first, too. Especially after I got my own laptop. But now they don't really say much. I guess they're used to it now. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well maybe if she moves into a dorm or gets out on her own she'll be back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah I can totally see where her parents are coming from. When I think of my Daughter growing up- I too will be strict with the net- there are too many creeps out there. But there are plenty of things out there in life that are just as bad. The only thing a parent can really do is try to instill good values into their children and to show them as much about the world and the way it works that they don't end up dead or working for some pimp.

Everyday I see something happening to kids and the fact that people are out there TRYING to hurt kids makes me sad-mad-furious-sick all at once.

But the fact that Mara stopped- that she respected her parents wishes enough to (in this case in MY personal opinion- a little over the top) stop even if she feels this site isn't bad. Is a testament to her parents raising her and they should be seriously happy that their daughter stopped when she could have EASILY kept coming here behind their backs- I'd say they did a great job so far! I only hope that when my kids are that age that they will respect me enough to do what I ask even if they and others feel or think it's wrong in a way.

But seriously I think having kids is one never ending worry.

And one has to respect that EVERYTHING in Mara's situation was done out of Love- and that IS the MOST IMPORTANT thing! Kudos still to Mara!

While I
still hope she returns soon, I only hope it's done with parent approval- it's important to her- as it should be.

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1