Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Jedi Joe wrote:
I agree, but I would love to see a total re-master of all the battles. I could totally see the battle over Endor looking like the battle over Coruscant in Episode III.

Why? To me, it would take away from the experience to see a ton of CG in the OT. Like that bit they added to RotJ in Jabba's palace with Sy Snootles. It just didn't look right. Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote  

Jedi Joe wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:
If they did a CG version of Alec Guinness, I would quit Star Wars. Shocked

I agree, but I would love to see a total re-master of all the battles. I could totally see the battle over Endor looking like the battle over Coruscant in Episode III.

Just my two cents but I think the Endor battle was much better. The main characters actually clearly take part in the combat and participate in a major way to the outcome of the space combat and are leaders clearly making tactical decisions. In Coruscant except for a few points the main/hero characters involvement in the space battle is ordering minor/expendable characters to be meat shields. Granted that really simplifies it but I think so far as those two battles are concerned the battle over Coruscant would benefit more from taking its style ques from the Endor battle than visa versa.

This all being said the visuals of the Coruscant battle were stunning, I just didn't like that the main characters seemed detached from the battle unfolding around them and have no clear impact on the battle itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:

Why? To me, it would take away from the experience to see a ton of CG in the OT. Like that bit they added to RotJ in Jabba's palace with Sy Snootles. It just didn't look right. Confused

Yea, and that was made before 1997. It's been 13 years, we can do a lot more now in terms of CGI.

And yes, Salaris, I only wanted the battle of Endor to be more visually exciting. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Jedi Joe wrote:
Yea, and that was made before 1997. It's been 13 years, we can do a lot more now in terms of CGI.

And yes, Salaris, I only wanted the battle of Endor to be more visually exciting. Wink

I think it's awesome just the way it is. The RotS battle was massive, and I just don't think the Endor battle needs that. I mean, the whole thing pretty much came down to Lando and Wedge blowing the Death Star, and that looked fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not sure what to think of this.

On one hand it would be cool to see the OT battles, done like the prequels, but on the other hand it wouldn't authentic to it's time period anymore.

EDIT: Shouldn't we be talking about this elsewhere?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I'm totally against changes in the OT. The OT is the good stuff. Yes, the visual effects worked in the prequels, but at times they would distract or substitute for a good story. Who could predict if in improving OT effects, George would also change things? Possibly for the worse (Han shot first).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:
If they did a CG version of Alec Guinness, I would quit Star Wars. Shocked

Just my two cents but I think the Endor battle was much better. The main characters actually clearly take part in the combat and participate in a major way to the outcome of the space combat and are leaders clearly making tactical decisions. In Coruscant except for a few points the main/hero characters involvement in the space battle is ordering minor/expendable characters to be meat shields. Granted that really simplifies it but I think so far as those two battles are concerned the battle over Coruscant would benefit more from taking its style ques from the Endor battle than visa versa.

This all being said the visuals of the Coruscant battle were stunning, I just didn't like that the main characters seemed detached from the battle unfolding around them and have no clear impact on the battle itself.

Yeah the space battle in Ep 3 rocks all the way up to the Anakin Dialog Razz

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Yeah the space battle in Ep 3 rocks all the way up to the Anakin Dialog Razz

Harsh, IR2, harsh. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 am Reply with quote  

Reepicheep wrote:

EDIT: Shouldn't we be talking about this elsewhere?

You are indeed right Reep further debate will be going off topic at bit too much. If there is interest in debating this subject further a thread should be started in the Original Trilogy section of the Movies Saga Forum.

@ Jedi Joe: Overall I'd say the OT battles are pretty exciting, the one thing I can think of that might improve Endor would be using CG to finally include the B-Wings in the battle. I guess I just don't really see the CG style of the Prequels transferring well to the battles of the OT except in the limited capacity that was already done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/avatar-passes-star-wars-with-4918m-us-ap

I just saw Avatar and LOVED it, but about twice i blanked out during the movie and thought of the possibilities that could be done with Star Wars. Embarassed To me it would'nt be bad at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/avatar-passes-star-wars-with-4918m-us-ap

I just saw Avatar and LOVED it, but about twice i blanked out during the movie and thought of the possibilities that could be done with Star Wars. Embarassed To me it would'nt be bad at all.

I kept thinking Pandora so could have been Zonoma Sekot or it's mother. The story felt like it could fit as a planet in Wild Space or the Unknown Regions.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:

Wasn't it great! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:

He he, sign of a true fan: connects all other movies back to SW. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 3 of 3