S2 - Episode 10: The Deserter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2 - Episode 10: The Deserter
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote  

Season 2 - Episode 10: The Deserter
Airs: January 1, 2010.

Summary: Rex meets a clone deserter on a distant planet and the two begin to examine their motivations for fighting for their respective causes.

Featured Characters: Clone Captain Rex, Cut Luquaine, General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Featured Locations: Saleucami

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Re: S2 - Episode 10: The Deserter
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

While I liked it. I just felt like it was one more clone POV story. Like it felt kind of Karne Traviss in a way. I'm not sure if that's what it was that felt weird.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote  

I liked the 'deserter' subplot. And I just have to say, that Twi'lek was hot Razz I can see why that trooper deserted. Laughing Did you see Rex? I think he hesitated a brief second when the clone asked him if he wanted to stay. I think Rex is destined to end up with a hot Twi'lek of his own.

All that aside, it was interesting to see the droids run out of power. I'd never thought of that aspect before. And I liked the moment where the eopies (I think( were licking Rex's face. But yeah, little things throughout the episode made it enjoyable, even if it was just a long Grievous escape episode.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really liked this episode, too. It was nice for people who never read RC to see that clones actually may want a life beyond the battlefield. For a second there I thought that the deserter would die and Rex would take his spot...while the kids voices were kind of annoying, i naturally thought the plotline was excellent, and it was nice to see the idea sort of brought to life after reading about deserters in the RC books.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked

This one is possibly my favourite episode from both season's so far. I loved how the deserter (I forget his name) was so dedicated to protecting his family. That's what I wanna be like someday. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote  

Dedication...sure, sure. It's alright Reep, we know the real reason. That Twi'lek was HOT! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Lol! Well, at least we know now that the weather on Saleucami must be pretty good, I mean, her top WAS kinda skimpy... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Rolling Eyes

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quote  

This requires imagery...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Dedication...sure, sure. It's alright Reep, we know the real reason. That Twi'lek was HOT! Laughing

Laughing

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

And here I thought TCW was kids' show. My mistake Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Star Wars is cold in space- per Padme to Anakin- and HOT on the planets- per GL & DF.

Yeah the fact that all the girls on the show are either bulked up with ORNAMENT or their all wearing super slinky clothes.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote  

"I can't decide...should I go with Christmas Tree Ornament or Sexy Action Girl?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:

"I can't decide...should I go with Christmas Tree Ornament or Sexy Action Girl?"

One does have to wonder- after putting Leia into a slave out fit that revealed all. Padme got off lucky. She could have been in a much more revealing outfit with todays skimpy clothes standards.

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, no kidding. And don't you love that her shirt got ripped perfectly? I mean, in real life, wouldn't the nexu's claws have probably just taken the whole thing? Of course, in real life, there are no nexus.......but I digress. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 3