S2 - Episode 13: Voyage of Temptation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2 - Episode 13: Voyage of Temptation
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote  

Season 2 - Episode 13: Voyage of Temptation
Airs: February 5, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST.
Replays: Saturday Feb 6 at 7:30 AM CST/8:30 AM EST and Wednesday Feb 10 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST

Summary: As the Jedi and their clones defend Duchess Satine from assassination attempts, Anakin discovers that Obi-Wan and the Duchess have a history together.

Featured Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Duchess Satine Kryze, Senator Tal Merrik, Clone Commander Cody, Clone Captain Rex, R2-D2

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total

Re: S2 - Episode 13: Voyage of Temptation
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha HA this one sounds naughty.....

Watch out Obi-wan you're about to get seduced!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm pondering whether the name of the duchess is a nod to Moulin Rouge. Confused And, wow, I'm really behind with TCW. I need to catch up.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote  

New Clone Wars episode tonight. Episode details have been updated. If you miss it, it will be on again tomorrow morning and Wed evening.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I simply cannot wait. Rolling Eyes

It seems weird saying that sarcastically. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm more convinced SATINE is the biggest Damage to Continuity out of the whole Mandalore trilogy- the rest can easily be fixed, her back story - not so much- yet.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I hate her. She annoys the heck out of me. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I'm more convinced SATINE is the biggest Damage to Continuity out of the whole Mandalore trilogy- the rest can easily be fixed, her back story - not so much- yet.

How so? I'd say the cube world is the biggest blow to continuity. That and the fact that the Pacifist Mandos are so vastly different than "real" Mandos that it's hard to believe that they're even a faction of Mandalore. Confused

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

How so? I'd say the cube world is the biggest blow to continuity. That and the fact that the Pacifist Mandos are so vastly different than "real" Mandos that it's hard to believe that they're even a faction of Mandalore. Confused

Well keep in mind I do feel it will work out.

But the cube city, the pacifist ways, all are brought by Satine, her now mission with Obi-wan and Qui-gon- while a great story opportunity adds to things that need to be careful.

After all Satine came from off world- but now Obi- and Qui spend a year there helping her with her government? I recall they wouldn't do that in the Jedi Apprentice stories becuase it went against the Jedi's beliefs. it could be interesting.

Or it could be another story that changes things.

But either way it made me realize- Satine's character and supporting backstory is what IMO don't fit well with current continuity (again I say YET for after the retcon we may learn a lot more that makes everything work)

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote  

I could almost see them pulling it off if they try and say that Satine is simply leading a political group whose agenda is pacifism, even though the majority of Mandalore is uneasy with it. Kind of like a real world snap shot of the US right now. Obama is leading a liberal agenda and most of America is uneasy with that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I feel guilty saying this, but I really liked this episode. The end where Merrick is taunting Obi-Wan and Satine and Anakin finally kills him was very well done. Now if this whole mess could only be straightened out...

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
I feel guilty saying this, but I really liked this episode. The end where Merrick is taunting Obi-Wan and Satine and Anakin finally kills him was very well done. Now if this whole mess could only be straightened out...

That was one of my favorite scenes! But Satine wasn't too "offended by Merrick's death" as he had hoped.

And I don't care what they say- Satine is a TOTAL McGreagor nod to Moulon Rouge.

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
And I don't care what they say- Satine is a TOTAL McGreagor nod to Moulon Rouge.

I said that like a week ago! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote  

Just watched this episode on starwars.com and surprisingly, I liked it. I still don't like Satine, but that's because she's a pacifist. But for once, I'm glad Anakin was in this episode. Without him, this one would have totally bombed, but the action with him and the clones was good, and the ending where he saved the day...totally worth it. I'd say that act alone was worth three garbage episodes with Satine, Obi-Wan, and Death Watch. Laugh out loud priceless.

The fat Twi'lek senator was funny too. And the interior design, sans the old fashion steering wheel, of the ship was really nice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed Orn Free Ta has four lekkus? I may regret asking this, because all we need is more Twi'lek biology debates...

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 3