KOTOR III: Better as a book or a game?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
KOTOR III: Better as a book or a game?
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Would Knights of the Old Republic III be better as a book or a game?

My thoughts have been said on the latest EUCast (coming out tonight), but I was wondering what everyone else thinks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Kotor 3 should NOT be a book.... The whole point of the Kotor games is that you can pick what you want to do next. With a book, you can't do that, plain and simple. However, I would like some books about characters such as HK-47, Atton, Bastila and Jolee.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote  

I must admit it would probably be a good book. In fact I really wouldn't mind having it as a book if they didn't skimp on content. Maybe a 400-600 pager with backstories and development with all the main characters from the game and some flashbacks with new insightful details. The KOTOR games brought up a lot of stuff and could benefit a lot from a centralization of the information. Something that could sum up the timeline of the conflict and such. And of course it would have to shed light, perhaps even exclusively focus on Revan's journey into the Unknowns.

So I would actually prefer the book...if it were a long one and well written. Otherwise I'd take a videogame KOTOR III. Either way I'd want the focus to return to Revan.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would like to see both a KOTOR III game and all the games in either novel or comic form.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The first KOTOR would be awesome as a novel. I think the story of Revan should be given a better chance to show what he can do, but I agree with whoever said that it would need to be lengthy, like 400-600 pages for backstories, but it would still be awesome. Revan is one of the most interesting characters in the EU. It could shed some light on the mystery of the character...perhaps...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I could go with either. The problem with a book is that I don't see a book encompassing a lot of the side stories of the games very well. I'm just not sure it would hold interest. On the other hand, books would allow a stricter storyline including Revan.

Unfortunately, I don't think KotOR 3 could have Revan unless the creators are willing to ignore the player's choices in the first game.

I could go either way but I think I would prefer a game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I WANT A GAME....becuz...that takes me 18 hours to finish...the book might take longer...and plus....I love RPGs....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, you have it down to an exact science, eh? Smile

And much as I'd like another game, I think a book would be great, too. But have to agree with DS that it would need to be a longer one.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote  

KOTOR III based on Mass Effect game engine = WIN

This...must...be...done.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
KOTOR III based on Mass Effect game engine = WIN

This...must...be...done.

I guess I have to go get my hands on Mass Effect then Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quote  

Since KOTOR started as a game I say they keep it as a game but if they branched out to include other media forms as well that is fine. If they started a book series related to the game (sort of how they did the RC novels and X-Wing series) I would be cool with that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

KOTOR did cause the comic series to come about, and several characters from the game have made appearances in that. If they did write novels about this era, similar to how the comics have gone, I'd be happy. However, I would still love another game (only if it's on a system I have Laughing).

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would rather have a game. I love RPG's and add Star Wars in and it makes a perfect match.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming

Page 1 of 1