S2 - Episode 14: Duchess of Mandalore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2 - Episode 14: Duchess of Mandalore
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote  

Season 2 - Episode 14: Duchess of Mandalore
Airs: February 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST.
Replays: ?

Summary: On Coruscant, word reaches Duchess Satine that Death Watch is mobilizing, sparking a pre-emptive Republic invasion. On the run from Republic authorities, Satine and Obi-Wan set off to discover the group's true motives.

Featured Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Duchess Satine Kryze, Count Dooku, Chancellor Palpatine, Pre Vizsla

Featured Locations: Coruscant, Mandalore, Concordia

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Re: S2 - Episode 14: Duchess of Mandalore
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Season 2 - Episode 14: Duchess of Mandalore
Airs: February 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST.
Replays: ?

Summary: Satine is falsely accused of creating a terrorist group, so she's forced to go on the lam until she and Obi-Wan can trace the group's real origins.

Featured Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Duchess Satine Kryze

I'm hoping for a Jedi Apprentice style ending here, one where the Bad guys get a way with it.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:18 am Reply with quote  

I watched this even though I missed the last episode (I'll be watching it momentarily on starwars.com), and to me it was so-so. Not alot stood out except that I don't like Satine, thought that's not necessarily in a bad way (sorry Padme). I think her character is actually well done as far as her sticking to her pacifist ways and as a leader of this neutral coalition. Though I do wonder why such a peaceful person would carry a hold out blaster...

The Death Watch didn't really impress me much. Big deal, they've got a sniper going around trying to shoot Satine. The mention an 'army' of Death Watch guys but we didn't get to see them in action. There just wasn't a whole, if anything, for me to go "Ahh" over in this episode.

I miss Cad Bane Crying or Very sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:

You and me, both. Not exactly sure why I hated this episode so much, but I did. Satine annoyed the heck out of me and even Obi-Wan was irritating. All the whining about Mandalore "renouncing violence" just killed me.

*sigh* You know things are bad when I start wishing for a good Ahsoka episode.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

You and me, both. Not exactly sure why I hated this episode so much, but I did. Satine annoyed the heck out of me and even Obi-Wan was irritating. All the whining about Mandalore "renouncing violence" just killed me.

*sigh* You know things are bad when I start wishing for a good Ahsoka episode.

For me it all felt pointless. I feel that Satine though might have been a "bought political" That the Mandalorians brought her and her Bubble faction in to be their face. She was picked because of her strong beliefs- she could stand to a Jedi and HONESTLY say that Mandalore was a peaceful culture, no other Mando'ade would be able to do that.

But the episode wasn't that great for me, either, every so so- and Obi-wan- ok I totaly didn't see a "relationship" as hinted about. I could see at the MOST Satine having a crush, and Obi-wan saying he'd have left as a way to distract the Death Watch guy.

Heck they even kept the Bubble city clouded in all the episodes that Mandalore could still be as we've always thought.

Which would make sense too on the whole- bought Satine theory- move them into the one place on the planet hit hard, make it the new capital so everyone coming to Mandalore will think "THIS is Mandalore?! Frak they bombed it hard!"

I think the damage is a lot less then I first thought it might be.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote  

I know what happened. When Satine came to power, all the sensible Mandos left to go do merc work. Soon as she's out of office, they'll come back and start farming again. The old ways just went offworld for a spell. Benefits of a nomadic culture. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Though I do wonder why such a peaceful person would carry a hold out blaster...

It was a stunner. Once again, keeping an open mind, I enjoyed this episode. Death Watch will, most certainly, be back so no worries, Skuldren, you'll see them in action.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
Though I do wonder why such a peaceful person would carry a hold out blaster...

It was a stunner. Once again, keeping an open mind, I enjoyed this episode. Death Watch will, most certainly, be back so no worries, Skuldren, you'll see them in action.

Unfortunately they too will quickly be neutered by GL.. I mean by Darth Sidious. After all Palpatine won't want them around just like Black Sun, he''ll bring them under his direct control or wipe them out in the Clone Wars.... 212 Death Watch Super Commandos anyone...

It's not going to be pretty for these Mandalorians.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quote  

However, if we got to see Sidious slaying a hard of Death Watch commandos, that would be EPIC. We saw him tear through some Jedi Masters in Episode III. It would be cool to see him unleashed on some Mandalorians.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
However, if we got to see Sidious slaying a hard of Death Watch commandos, that would be EPIC. We saw him tear through some Jedi Masters in Episode III. It would be cool to see him unleashed on some Mandalorians.

Truth be told this would be better then Ep 3- the movie was kind of lam in it's version of that fight, the novel rocked. Imagine a cartoon Sidious- holy Sith is right!

I'd love to see that!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It'd be great to see Sidious in action sometime before The Clone Wars is done. Maybe if some (or Mandos) Jedi discovered him and he had to take them out to maintain his identity. Cool

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

That would be pretty sweet. Cool

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

They have seriouly hosed up not showing him in at least ONE fight..... the things you can get away with in animation.

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If he was in a fight I would expect it to be near the end of the show.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quote  

It's kind of like a reserve weapon. "What? The ratings are dropping? Quick, time to do that Sidious Unleashed episode!"...ratings soar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1