5:Rookies / 6: Downfall of a Droid
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote  

I really liked "Rookies." My one little complaint though is I think that the CIS fleet could technically have taken the Republic fleet and won. There were 9 Munificent-class frigates with 2 Lucrehulk-class battleships on the CIS side vs. ~6 Venator-class Star Destroyers.

According to Wookieepedia 3-4 Munificent class frigates are required to take on a Venator-class Star Destroyer. On the wookieepedia entry for the Lucrehulk-class battleship of the Clone Wars it says that an entire flotilla/fleet of Star Destroyers was required to bring down their shields.

Even if this claim is exaggerated it seems to me that the two fleets were almost evenly matched. I guess I was looking for a space battle as a result of the rookie's heroism and was a little disappointed when that didn't happen (and I'm gonna guess I would have gotten it if they had more air timer per episode). Overall though I really liked it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well you know, Salaris, they were running out of time on the show: "We've got 30 seconds, wrap it up!" Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Well you know, Salaris, they were running out of time on the show: "We've got 30 seconds, wrap it up!" Smile

yeah yeah I know. The "We've got 30 seconds..." reminded me of Red Leader's trench run "Just a few more seconds..." So now I have this image of the production leader working frantically at a computer saying Red Leader's lines while the assistants desperately try to hold the studio door closed to prevent the studio from being taken over before the episode is completed. Razz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Heh, that's an amusing picture. I'll probably see it every time I watch the end of an episode now. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

almost there........... *We cant shake 'em!* almost there........ *Get out of there!* almost there.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote  

Watched "Downfall of a Droid" last night. I liked parts of this episode, but I also disliked parts of it. Plus the music was really bad in several scenes. Anakin was getting pretty hot headed in this episode and really worked up over loosing R2. I just didn't really enjoy it all that much. I did like the IG assassin droids, the Trandoshan (though he looked more like Gryph), and the buggy R3 droid.

Some of my dismay could just be the fact that this episode carries over into the next one and that it won't ring true until I see both parts. Then again, maybe it was just too much Anakin.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote  

Autobon wrote:
almost there........... *We cant shake 'em!* almost there........ *Get out of there!* almost there.....

Lol! *rolls credits* "Its away!" Now I'm gonna be thinking of how to introduce the briefing sequence... I think I'll have to add this whole discussion to the "You know your a Star Wars fan when..." thread. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote  

so I've finally had some free time and thought I would watch Episode 6. But I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Star Wars main website or on Cartoon Network. I can find web clips but not the full episode. I have watched all the previous episodes on the Star Wars website so I'm wondering am I just not looking in the right spot or are they no longer putting the episodes online? If its still online on those websites a link to it would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Its not up yet. Should go up this friday, because there was that week where nothing aired.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I saw Downfall of a Droid, the other day. It felt a little rushed (they probably could've turned it into two episodes). I liked Anakin's temper and I really felt sorry for R3.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
I saw Downfall of a Droid, the other day. It felt a little rushed (they probably could've turned it into two episodes). I liked Anakin's temper and I really felt sorry for R3.

there's another episode on it's way still Wink
haha, R3 was practically TRYING to get them killed! he deserved it! stupid goldie, you can never replace R2!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote  

I just saw Downfall. I really liked it. I finally finally got some actual space combat so I'm pretty happy about that.

I think R3 is going to turn out to be a Sep controlled droid. After all of the stuff he did that's what I kept thinking.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anybody else think the music at the beginning of Downfall inappropriate for what was going on? It just didn't seem to fit the action. *shrugs* Though that's just me, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone know what the name of the song the GAR Radio was playing in the background in Rookies? I want that track- if you know or have it let me know?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just re-watched Downfall of a Droid and it was worse than I remember. The music was really weird; it didn't fit in Star Wars at all, Gha Nacht passing gas was really lame and the plot was really dry.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 2