Alternate EU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alternate EU
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote  

This can be a broad topic of alternate EU ideas, but first off, I'd like to explore the idea of "What if Anakin lived and Jacen died?"

First off, Jacen died while trying to kill the Voxyn Queen, becoming one with the Force in an awesome display of combat, fighting side by side with Anakin. The battle seen would be very similar to the book, but in this case both Anakin and Jacen are fighting the last stand for double awesomeness, yet Jacen dies and Anakin is captured by Vergere.

Now here's where the fun begins Cool

If I were to rewrite the EU for this alternate reality spin off, Anakin would not have put up with Vergere's torture lessons, and would have killed her and made a narrow escape from the seedship. I would have altered scene when Jacen was killing the dhuryams, in this case it would be Anakin, but instead of stopping on the last one, he would have stabbed through Vergere and killed it...but he would have escaped before the ship collapsed on itself and died.

With Vergere dead and the Vong's hope for a new homeworld gone, Anakin has struck a major blow toward the enemy. He'd go on to win more battles, have the big stand off with Shimrra and Onimi.

Again there would be another folcal point. With the Vong's leader dead, the warrior caste would recognize Anakin as their new leader, submitting to his obvious favor with the gods and his superior combat skills and powers. Anakin would give the Vong the planet Ithor, putting them in charge of vongforming it so they could have it.

I would somehow do a new spin for Dark Nest in which Anakin goes out to find and rescue Raynar. I would also make it that Raynar doesn't get all messed up in the fire from his crash.

Then there's the big question of Legacy of the Force. The obvious spin would be to have Anakin now become Darth Caedus, but I'd rather see Jaina take on that role. To add more spin to it, I'd actually have Anakin consider joining her and becoming her apprentice or co-ruler. However he'd come to his senses, and would ultimately redeem her.

Fate of the Jedi would then have Anakin and Ben facing off against Abeloth while Luke deals with the Daala and her regime.

Course that's an overly Mary Suish alternate timeline. But it is fun to play with the idea. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree with this almost wholeheartedly except on one issue:

It was Vergere's torture of Jacen that allowed him to tap into himself for the ultimate Vongsense necessary for a Force hybrid to defeat Onimi.

Other than that two thumbs up!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Caedus_16 wrote:
I agree with this almost wholeheartedly except on one issue:

It was Vergere's torture of Jacen that allowed him to tap into himself for the ultimate Vongsense necessary for a Force hybrid to defeat Onimi.

Other than that two thumbs up!!!

Ah, but Anakin would overcome this on pure power of awesome!!!!! Wink Love Skuldren's scenario. I'd comment more, but am way to tired to ponder it all tonight.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quote  

Anakin does have his lightsaber which lets him do the same thing. Of course in the scenario above, the torture scenes could still happen, Ankain could get the coralseed implant, but the change would be Anakin killing Vergere at the end, slaying the dhuryam, and ticking off all the Yuuzhan Vong.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha that makes him sounds so Sith, but then, that could fit the bill couldn't it Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Caedus_16 wrote:
Haha that makes him sounds so Sith, but then, that could fit the bill couldn't it Wink

No! That's the one thing about an alternate EU that worries me. People trying to turn Anakin to the dark side. This would not have happened. Anakin would have found a balance of the Force. He would have been able to sense right and wrong better than any Jedi who ever lived.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Padme

I would love to see him become the ultimate Jedi, seeing how he was headed there. But that wouldn't be 'edgy' enough for Del Rey. They have to make things messed up and dark, they can't just have one fun story anymore. I believe its time to stop murdering every single character. Heck, Jacen had potential in his Sith role. Anakin was the best character they'd had in awhile. Even...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
didn't deserve that end. Its just become a 'how shocking can it be' type deal, and I think that they'd have botched Anakin somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm curious, what is that spoiler tag for? It isn'r for Backlash is it?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm curious, what is that spoiler tag for? It isn'r for Backlash is it?

Its a small Backlash spoiler, yes. Nothing massive, at least not yet its not, but its still something I don't want to spoil if you haven't read it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, I won't read it. Thanks. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I read and wasn't bothered by the slight spoiler.

@Caedus: agreed. Del Rey has become all about pushing the envelope. Even if it's an envelope we didn't want to go anywhere near.

As for the whole alternate EU scenario, I'd like to toss an idea out there. What if instead of dying, Jacen simply went missing and reappeared at the end of the NJO? Then he could still have been the villain of LotF. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I still like my scenario where Vader defeats Obi-Wan on Mustafar and ends up training Luke and Leia.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote  

Oooo, that would be cool. So all three of them go on as Sith? Would they take out the Emperor?

LOL, Rule of Three!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, but this would be alternate canon, not alternate EU. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

But then there would be a bunch of EU based off of it, like a Yuuzhan Vong invasion...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 2