S2 - Episode 17: Bounty Hunters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2 - Episode 17: Bounty Hunters
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote  

Season 2 - Episode 17: Bounty Hunters
Airs: April 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST.
Replays: ...

Summary: Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahoska form an uneasy partnership with four deadly bounty hunters to help protect a local farmer from Hondo Ohnaka and his band of pirates.

Featured Characters: Embo (Phatrong bounty hunter), Rumi Paramita (female Frenk), Seripas (bounty hunter), and Sugi (Zabrak bounty hunter), Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Paramita, Casiss, Dilanni, and Hondo Ohnaka

Featured Locations: Felucia

Embo, Rumi, Seripas, and Sugi

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was wondering if we were ever going to see those guys (now there's just Bossk and Boba). I'm looking forward to this one! Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am Reply with quote  

Just check Cartoon Network's TV schedule. This Friday they will be playing this episode plus afterwards they'll be reshowing Hostage Crisis right afterwards.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Finally!!!
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The Bounty Hunters appear to be on the rise!! Woo Hoo!!!

Your Excited Uncle Kal (or should I now be known as "Old Man Kal?") Razz

Re: Finally!!!
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Kal_Skirata wrote:
The Bounty Hunters appear to be on the rise!! Woo Hoo!!!

Your Excited Uncle Kal (or should I now be known as "Old Man Kal?") Razz

Finally. Rolling Eyes

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quote  

New updates...

Updated the summary and list of characters. Old Hondo is returning as the badguy, and the Bounty Hunters are going to be the good guys for a change, actually teaming up with Anakin and Ahsoka.

Far as I know, that's a first: Jedi + Bounty Hunter team up.

In a rural and remote corner of Felucia, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka form an uneasy alliance with four deadly bounty hunters to protect a local village from Hondo Ohnaka and his band of pirates. But Hondo – always the opportunist and never willing to play fair – has plans of his own in “Bounty Hunters.”

You can check out an article for this episode on starwars.com, it includes and interview with Jim Cummings (Hondo). He said he based Hondo's voice off of Yul Brynner. Interesting stuff, don't miss it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sounds good. Cool

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 am Reply with quote  

Ok, I really need to remember that this is on tonight. I've missed the last two episodes...been reading too much Stover. Have to reprogram myself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quote  

Woohoo! I didn't miss it.

Okay, that said, I wasn't exactly thrilled with this episode. My main gripe is Obi-Wan. Did anyone else get irked by his stupid reasoning in this episode? It seemed like he was going too far out of his way to not help the farmers out. It seemed pretty clear that if he wanted off the planet, all he had to do was help the Bounty Hunters defeat the pirates and then they could leave. Instead he moaned and complained until that's exactly what they did. I mean, he went so far as to try and buy a ride from Hondo.

Now my other gripe was when Obi-Wan tried to declare that the only way the farmers would ever truly be safe was when they learned to defend themselves. Obi-Wan is insulting these people, pretty much calling them cowards and idiots for hiring bounty hunters. Yet the Republic itself is relying on a Clone Army to defend it rather than its own citizens. Further more those citizens pay people to defend themselves, be it law enforcement or local defense forces. No army or security details works for free...except the Jedi.

Beyond Obi-Wan's preposterous idea that the farmers need to learn to defend themselves is the fact that Anakin goes on to train them to defend themselves with their garden tools! Common sense says: give these people some blasters.

Aside from all that, I still like Hondo as a character, even in this flawed episode, and the bounty hunters seemed pretty cool. I liked Embo the best with his cool hat. Seripas could have been better if his robot suit wasn't so clunky. Either it was a cheap suit or he wasn't very good at controlling it.

I think my final comment is going to be that they tried to do too much in this episode and didn't have enough time to pull it off. They were trying to show the bad reputation of bounty hunters (via Obi-Wan's extreme dislike and paranoia of them), as well as trying to show that bounty hunters could be good guys too, plus people can and perhaps need to defend themselves.

Edit: I watched the Episode Commentary for this one, and Dave Filoni revealed an interesting secret: he's the voice of Embo. Plus, Embo's language is based off of improperly pronounce French from a Smurf book. Also, Embo was originally suppose to die in the episode, but initially reactions wanted him to live, so they reshot it. Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Beyond Obi-Wan's preposterous idea that the farmers need to learn to defend themselves is the fact that Anakin goes on to train them to defend themselves with their garden tools! Common sense says: give these people some blasters.

Ah, but where would they get them from?

I actually really liked this one (it was a breath of fresh air from the previous two), it was like A Bug's Life in space! Cool

The action was good and it gave you food for thought without being preachy. Bravo!

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote  

True. Guess they had to go with what had...that makes sense. I'm probably just too gun oriented Cool Embo was definitely the highlight of the episode for me though. I thought he was really cool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Embo was great! Cool

I'm so glad they didn't kill him.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1