Crosscurrent by Paul S. Kemp Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote  

There's no excuse Padme. I bet right as we speak there is a lonely Crosscurrent paperback sitting in a Walmart near you with a $5.99 sticker, just waiting to find a home. Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha Don't be too hard on Padme, I own the bloody book and still haven't gotten more than a quarter of the way into it hahahahahahaha Razz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
by "The Hole" are you referring to the whole Bar scene/chapter? That was actually one of my favorite parts. Up until then I was kind of board.

Yeah. I was feeling kind of sick that day so it might have something to do with it. Usually I don't mind greasy and grimy scenes, but this one just made me feel queasy... of course it helps if there's a character like Threepio or Obi-Wan along.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:
There's no excuse Padme. I bet right as we speak there is a lonely Crosscurrent paperback sitting in a Walmart near you with a $5.99 sticker, just waiting to find a home. Wink

Ah, but I'm a broke college student and that $5.99 could be used for food. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Overall I really liked the book. My only complaint is the ending was a little anticlimatic.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote  

I was thinking that it was located were the Falcon's cockpit is and that somehow it could also be flown from some other location. That and/or the cockpit is located between the mandibles.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I was thinking that it was located were the Falcon's cockpit is and that somehow it could also be flown from some other location. That and/or the cockpit is located between the mandibles.

Yeah I thought it was where the standard cockpit would be, I had not thought of the regular cockpit being in the middle. Hmmm.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote  

Just glanced at wookieepedia, the YT-2400 is different than the Falcon, it has a rounded disk hull with no pronounced arms in the front. Hmm, maybe the shuttle sat behind the cockpit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Just glanced at wookieepedia, the YT-2400 is different than the Falcon, it has a rounded disk hull with no pronounced arms in the front. Hmm, maybe the shuttle sat behind the cockpit.

That's what I thought - it said the shuttle replaced the escape pods. The diagram on wookieepedia shows the escape pods on the port side and on the starboard side behind the cockpit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quote  

I'm thinking the shuttle would have been behind the cockpit, facing away. Kind of like a deluxe escape pod or handy dock port.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

I'm thinking the shuttle would have been behind the cockpit, facing away. Kind of like a deluxe escape pod or handy dock port.

Yeah thats the direction I am leaning towards as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Or maybe Paul Kemp himself doesn't know. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Don't have time for a full or even partial review right now. I read it awhile back, but just thought I'd mention what I thought: I loved it! It was, to put it simply, a breath of fresh air. I really, really enjoyed it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote  

I was reading Paul S. Kemp's Q&A thread on theforce.net, and noticed he mentioned that the One Sith would be returning in the Crosscurrent sequel. Cool

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/30739715/p8/?116 (Paul's third post from the top)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 6 of 6