Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

. . . what if SHE'S the apprentice? Cause I forget what she said, but I remember she said something fishy in either Bloodlines or Tempest, and it made me think there was more to her, but I forget it now.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think she's Force sensitive at all unless that is the fishy thing you're referring to, Darth Judicar. What if a Sith took on an apprentice who wasn't Force sensitive? Something like Ulic Qel-Droma after he was stripped of the Force; he was still able to teach but, of course, that's because he was a former Force user.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Aush wrote:
I don't think she's Force sensitive at all unless that is the fishy thing you're referring to, Darth Judicar. What if a Sith took on an apprentice who wasn't Force sensitive? Something like Ulic Qel-Droma after he was stripped of the Force; he was still able to teach but, of course, that's because he was a former Force user.

I did mean Force-sensitive. I forget what it was, and I wish I could remember, but she said something that made me suspicious, but then the scene abruptly shifted, so I didn't think too much into it.

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:46 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm beginning to see some parallels with Asajj Ventress and Jacen. Both were resentful of being abandoned and both turned to the "darkness within", and lashed out with anger and hatred towards the galaxy at large. Oh, and both were being played by the Sith.(I was watching a DVD of the animated Clone Wars series, and it came to mind) I think that Jacen is acting out a monstrous "I'm mad at my dad" tantrum. He is not true Sith, not by a long shot. If he had a real Sith teacher, he would have learned of the "golden rule of the Sith", subterfuge + patience + preservation of the Sith code = survival. I mean, come on! For all he knows, he is the only Sith in the galaxy! Shouldn't he try to stay out of the limelight? To me this points to Lumiya using him as bait, to distract from her "true" purpose, whatever it was.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think Lumiya was hoping to have Jacen take over for her but she didn't "train" him right. She moved too fast with him and Jacen is moving too fast. The Sith at the hidden enclave will come out on top because they're biding their time and should be infiltrating the ranks while everyone is too busy to do thorough back ground checks. I don't see Lumiya just using Jacen but even Sith Masters will use their apprentices to the max to see if they'll survive...or not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lately, I've been on a huge Caedus kick. I hope he survives LOTF. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:

While I respect your opinion; I beg to differ. I can't wait to see Caedus go down in flames! Fear not, your moment of darkness will pass! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote  

Nothing cures a bad case of the Sith like a good old lighsaber.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:

Yay! Very Happy I have an ally! Lol.

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

jedipoodoo wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

While I respect your opinion; I beg to differ. I can't wait to see Caedus go down in flames! Fear not, your moment of darkness will pass! Wink

I'm actually not so sure of that. I usually don't cheer on Sith, but Caedus is different. However, the other day I watched ESB and when Vader came on, I said " Yay, Vader!"
Of course he's kind of different too. I don't know, I'm just confusing myself. All, I know is that, I have dread feeling in my stomache that Caedus won't survive LOTF.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
jedipoodoo wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

I'm actually not so sure of that. I usually don't cheer on Sith, but Caedus is different. However, the other day I watched ESB and when Vader came on, I said " Yay, Vader!"
Of course he's kind of different too. I don't know, I'm just confusing myself. All, I know is that, I have dread feeling in my stomache that Caedus won't survive LOTF.

Trust your feelings, they tell you the truth! While I dislike Caedus(very much so!); his run is nearly ended, the Jedi have come to realize that they must eliminate him to bring peace to the galaxy. His end draws near Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote  

However, there could be one saving grace for Caedus...another set of books with him in it. Though this seems unlikely, let us explore the possibility. In my opinion Jacen was an interesting character in the Young Jedi Knights books. He could talk to animals, liked to joke, and had promise. Then in the NJO he turned into a hesitant pacifist who totally sucked. Then by some odd twist of fate, one of the writers turned him into a nexus of the Force capable of powers beyond even Luke as it seemed. He touched the very Force itself. This ended with his going off to pursue the broader Force. Then there is the Dark Nest Crisis and Jacen is a run of the mill character again. We see a few hints of greater powers, but we also see a return of his clouded judgment. Then LOTF hits and his judgment plummets along with his intelligence. He becomes a mindless paranoid tyrant with delusions of peace for the galaxy through squashing any and all opposition. He begins his journey into the realm of the Sith. Initially this is handled well. Young Sith wannabes are always a little irksome and upstart. This is balanced by Lumiya who truly does well as a Sith Master. She has subtle intricate plots and schemes and has deadly secretive Force powers. But she dies too soon, Caedus wasn't ready to become the master, he had neither the experience or the temperament to take over. Thus now the galaxy is doomed to the control of a 'Sith Child' spoiled in the dark side and with his delusions, trying to play a game he isn't 'old enough' to comprehend or appreciate.

But if he can survive, perhaps he could go through another metamorphosis and grow into a wiser Sith Lord, one worthy of the title. It's not completely his fault that he sucks as a Sith, he hasn't had the time to properly develop into the role. It takes time and experience to become a true Sith Lord, one learns through mistakes. Caedus has made plenty and could learn much if he survived and managed to reflect and acknowledge his shortcomings and faults.

It's asking alot, but it's possible.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
However, there could be one saving grace for Caedus...another set of books with him in it. Though this seems unlikely, let us explore the possibility. In my opinion Jacen was an interesting character in the Young Jedi Knights books. He could talk to animals, liked to joke, and had promise. Then in the NJO he turned into a hesitant pacifist who totally sucked. Then by some odd twist of fate, one of the writers turned him into a nexus of the Force capable of powers beyond even Luke as it seemed. He touched the very Force itself. This ended with his going off to pursue the broader Force. Then there is the Dark Nest Crisis and Jacen is a run of the mill character again. We see a few hints of greater powers, but we also see a return of his clouded judgment. Then LOTF hits and his judgment plummets along with his intelligence. He becomes a mindless paranoid tyrant with delusions of peace for the galaxy through squashing any and all opposition. He begins his journey into the realm of the Sith. Initially this is handled well. Young Sith wannabes are always a little irksome and upstart. This is balanced by Lumiya who truly does well as a Sith Master. She has subtle intricate plots and schemes and has deadly secretive Force powers. But she dies too soon, Caedus wasn't ready to become the master, he had neither the experience or the temperament to take over. Thus now the galaxy is doomed to the control of a 'Sith Child' spoiled in the dark side and with his delusions, trying to play a game he isn't 'old enough' to comprehend or appreciate.

But if he can survive, perhaps he could go through another metamorphosis and grow into a wiser Sith Lord, one worthy of the title. It's not completely his fault that he sucks as a Sith, he hasn't had the time to properly develop into the role. It takes time and experience to become a true Sith Lord, one learns through mistakes. Caedus has made plenty and could learn much if he survived and managed to reflect and acknowledge his shortcomings and faults.

It's asking alot, but it's possible.

That's what I was hoping for, Skuldren. Maybe he is dethroned, but goes into hiding??? Maybe he discovers Krayt's Sith.

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Before we start worshiping Caedus (some of you seem to be already Very Happy), what evidence is there that a Sith can make the galaxy such a great place? I wouldn't want an all powerful Sith or his/her apprentice in power. Then again, and this is key, I would not want to see the Jedi in absolute power either. These groups need to be in check (just like any groups that exist in this galaxy or the one far, far away) or things become unstable. I like just where Luke's order is because they have no influence on the galactic scale and aren't powerful.

Jacen had potential in YJK and the end of NJO but has taken a misstep that Vergere and Luke knew existed. My idea of this misstep is that he wasn't kept in check. Jacen was allowed to go throughout the galaxy and grow but he had no counter weight to keep him from falling. For Luke, it's his past brush with the dark side in Dark Empire and wisdom; for Vergere, it was her time living among the Yuuzhan Vong and seeing their way of life as well as his wisdom, too (if you believe Vergere was balanced Smile). The Old Jedi Order of Yoda and Windu grew too powerful and unchecked because everyone looked to them for help and they prevailed in helping. If Jacen is to survive, something drastic will have to bring him back into balance (Vergere and Anakin's memory was his balance in Traitor and onward) and I'm not sure what it will be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

His end is not drawing near. He hasn't even reached his full potential. This is only the beginning...

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 3 of 19