S2 - Episode 19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2 - Episode 19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote  

Season 2 - Episode 19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
Airs: April 16, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST.
Replays: April 17 (Saturday) at 7:30 AM CST/8:30 AM EST

Summary: Republic forces bring the Zillo Beast back to Coruscant for study. When it escapes, the Jedi must choose between saving millions of lives and destroying the Zillo Beast, the last of its kind.

Featured Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Chancellor Palpatine, Padmé Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, C-3PO, Doctor Sionval Boll, Aayla Secura

Featured Locations: Coruscant

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:19 am Reply with quote  

Updated episode details.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote  

Ha ha ha, finally remembered to watch it! Well this episode was pretty good I thought. I liked a "godzilla" episode, which was pretty much what this was. Plus there was lots of Palpatine: him glaring at Windu, running from the beast, and scheming. I really did enjoy the fact that the monster went after him specifically. That was funny. Not too bad overall, but I do wonder how or if any tech ever will come about due to the Zillo beast and it's lightsaber resistant scales.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Not too bad overall, but I do wonder how or if any tech ever will come about due to the Zillo beast and it's lightsaber resistant scales.

Yeah, how about freaking beskar!

Sorry, I'll give it a rest now. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
Yeah, how about freaking beskar!

Sorry, I'll give it a rest now. Wink

Don't worry, Reep, when the all-knowing narrator was going on about using the scales to create armor, I threw a pillow at the TV. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha. Seriously?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yeah, seriously. I was that disgusted. Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote  

But here's the thing, they can't give this new tech to the Clone Troopers...can they? Or even the Stormtroopers, not they way they're killed off in the movies.

However, it would be cool to retcon the Emperor's Royal Guards as having Zillo Armor.

Now just to be nerdy, I think they should differentiate beskar from Zillo armor by Zillo armor having temperature resistance. In the books they showed troopers could be cooked alive in their beskar, so Zillo armor could be an improvement on that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I doubt that this armor ever sees the light of day. And if it does, it won't be used for Clone armor. I'm sure Palpatine has other plans.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1