Fate of the Jedi 4: Backlash by Aaron Allston
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote  

Yeah, that was one of those "read between the lines" bits. The Lost Tribe spent some time pirating, so we have to read between the lines that they learned all they needed to catch back up on the galaxy and modern tech. Personally, I would have liked that covered in more detail. It would have been fun to read about the Sith playing pirate and learning all these new things. But that was a fault with Omen.

My biggest complaints with Backlash was that nothing was continued on with Abeloth. Abyss did this big build up of Abeloth with how mysterious she/it was and it was just dropped for this novel. Abyss was actually taking the series in a new direction, one of mystery and intrigue, it actually felt like an adult novel. Backlash reverted back into Mary Sue popcorn. Fun to read but nothing really meaningful.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's true. I actually forgot about Abeloth.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 11 of 11