Forum Updates: What would you like?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Feedback & Suggestions View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forum Updates: What would you like?
 PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well gentlemen and ladies, I have news for you. The forums are going to be updated this summer (AKA: July). I know that everyone here really likes the brown because that's what we've always had, but the powers that be have been pushing me to update the forums for more than a year, and I can no longer hold them off. However, I will not go quietly.

I need to know what YOU want in the forum update. Are there any changes or additions you think we need? Is there something that you really, really don't want to see changed? Please tell me. I would like to use your ideas instead of mine in this update. The forums, more than any other part of EUC, have always been about the community, so I feel if changes must be made, they should come from you.

So, with that, please leave a list of some kind of what you do and don't want to have changed, and ANY ideas you may have to improve the forums.

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Could there be a way to make signing up for the EUCantina forums not require an admin to approve the new member, but still keep bots out? (I'm assuming that's why it's done.) I know that I had a tough time signing up twice (since my first profile was accidentally deleted) and both times I had to send an e-mail to admin asking about my status. I've had some friends who weren't as persistent, signed up and just never got approved.

So I dunno if that would fall under this category, but I figured I'd raise the idea! Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that is update number one, top of the list. I'm sure everyone would approve of a better way to keep out the bots and allow easy registration.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really don't see the point of changing it, but I wouldn't mind some more emoticons.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with Vile- I too had issues getting set up at first.

As for the EUChatter Forums- you know my thoughts on this- from my email. I'm even willing to do most of that if needed Wink

I'd say the Lit and Media forum could combine with the EU Characters forum eliminating the EU Characters one.

Book Club- combine the Registration with the Book Club forum. and move to Community.

Library Archives- are they needed? Could the finished RPG threads go to it if it's staying? I'd say just have Fan Fic, Fan Art, and the RPGs in the Activity Center- perhaps re title that to The Library Archives or something more fitting. Or move to community as well.

VIP chats too could go under the Lit & Media- make a general VIP thread or keep the individual ones as well.

I'd make some title changed to the Space Port- perhaps make it Docking Bay Registry or something that people know is the "come in say hi" threads.

The Holo Net News could be added to the Feedback and Suggestion threads "Holo-Net News, Feedback & Suggestions"

Mos Eisly Cantina and Aush's Cantina IMO should be swapped- Aush's Cantina "Sounds" more non Star Wars. Move the current Aush's Cantina to the Community part, and sort out the thread in the "Star Wars Galaxy" part- move Collecting to Fan activities and make the rest all community.

EUCantina.Net Exclusives- Make that the SoloSound Forums area- Give each Podcast a thread, (recall that email about the EUChatter changes)

Now as for color- I do dig the brown, but the current main site blue is nice too- plus it would be interesting to see the forums the sites old colors each upgrade- a little retro feel with all the changes :D

These are my suggestions Smile If you'd like to discuss in more detail- you know how to reach me Laughing

The only problem I ever have is that I get confused where certain threads are due to the titles and descriptions on the forum boards.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

cud we get .gif animations enabled for the avatars.
That wud really brighten up the forums!!! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote  

+1 to Reep's suggestion. I'd like more emoticons, maybe a head-slamming-wall, nodding-grin, etc.

Only other suggestion I can think of right now would be multiple forum styles that you could choose from in a drop down menu. Perhaps add an image background to the sides (which are just a plain brown right now).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Let us have more than 6 KB for our avatars. Getting ones that are low enough resolution has been an issue for me.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
+1 to Reep's suggestion. I'd like more emoticons, maybe a head-slamming-wall, nodding-grin, etc.

Only other suggestion I can think of right now would be multiple forum styles that you could choose from in a drop down menu. Perhaps add an image background to the sides (which are just a plain brown right now).

Head-slamming-wall would certainly come in handy and more Star Wars characters would be cool.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:58 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This is all very helpful, guys Thank you and keep it coming; as part of the new forums, I will be here more often, as well.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I'm a little confused by which topics are new and which are old. Normally, one can tell because of the lit lightsaber - but some of the popular threads have a lit lightsaber that is a different color, and then I have to cross-check the threads with the date.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A green lightsaber means the thread has been active since your last visit and a red lightsaber means the same only it's a popular topic. It doesn't have anything to do with when they were written.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
A green lightsaber means the thread has been active since your last visit and a red lightsaber means the same only it's a popular topic. It doesn't have anything to do with when they were written.

Right, but a green lightsaber will turn into a deactivated lightsaber once you've read the topic. The blue/red/purple lightsabers all continue to remain lit after the thread is visited so I can't tell which of the stickied topics have added conversation until I cross-check the date. It's a minor quibble, but I figured I'd offer it since it's thrown me for a loop more than once lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:26 am Reply with quote  

Head Slamming Wall

Beating Dead Horse

Some Yoda ones from starwars.com

Random

Star Wars

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yay for the Padme ones! Though I'd kill for one where she has a blaster. I've had no luck finding such a emoticon. Sad

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Last edited by Queen Padmè Skywalker on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Feedback & Suggestions

Page 1 of 4