1. Abeloth. I thought the fight was very good, but like most everyone else, it seemed slightly too easy. I greatly enjoyed it, and although I was unsurprised about the Callista reveal, I thought it was done really well. Again, though, it was too easy. I was glad that Abeloth wasn't completely Callista, that Callista had just been consumed by her, and I was very happy Callista was dead, but I have to agree with Padme that I didn't like all the mushy lovey-doveyness that was portrayed between Luke and "Callie". *gag* Luke was all Mara's. He shouldn't still be agonizing over an extremely old and almost adolescent relationship! Bleh.
2. Ben and Vestara. I actually haven't minded it much at all, and am enjoying it for the most part! I was very happy that Ben loathed her there in the end, and am almost expecting her to die in the end to save him. Or something romantically and Star Warsily cliche.
3. The Mando siege and Kani's death! I find this to be slightly negative. I'm more than surprised that the public is supposedly tolerating this so well. Maybe not the siege so much, but the death of Kani! I was expecting that to be a backfire and the end of Daala's already thin thread of public approval. However, while I was sad that Kani was killed, I was proud of Star Wars for getting so gritty. It's been awhile.
4. Jaina and Jag. *sigh* I've decided that I'm not interested in this relationship anymore. I used to dance and sing its praises, but they've dragged me along now for far too long. Perhaps this was Del Rey's plan to get fans to want to wash their hands and be done with the situation. And, I'm sorry to say, it's working. I'm sick of all the back and forth rollercoastering. And I'm not taking this out characterwise on Jaina. I'm actually directing my aggravation at Jag. I'm ready for him to be out of the picture. If they can have him come to Jaina on his knees, begging for forgiveness, apologizing for his stupidly political headedness, perhaps I'll forgive him. But as it stands, I'm glad she dumped him. Besides, she had a much more interesting part in the series once she took off the engagement ring! It's about time.
5. The Lost Tribe. Everyone other than Khai, Vestara, and Taalon are totally uninteresting to me. I have trouble remembering there's an entire Tribe, as it seems to me that only those three exist. As someone else put it, they don't act much like a Tribe that's coexisted for millennia, and I think that's why I don't like them. The Lost Tribe of the Sith eBooks have been pretty interesting to me. The Tribe's part in Omen was interesting to me. Other than that, though, I haven't been impressed.
6. The Wintrium. What in the world was that all about? I understand that the main purpose was to start the revolt on Klatooine, but I found the whole attack on the Fountain and the following capture, trial, and sentencing of the Sith rather...stupid and pointless. Jaina and Lando's verdict seemed to have no influence whatsoever against the revolts, and I suppose I just found that part a bit...pointless, for lack of a better word. Or at least I think it could have been handled better.
7. Daala and Bwua'tu. I honestly thought that Bwua'tu had killed Daala when he walked out of the apartment. I don't know why, but I was pretty darn sure. The only thing that stopped me was that I was fairly sure Daala wasn't going anywhere so early in the series. Once Bwua'tu was attacked, however, I was immediately sure they were imposters, and that Daala had sent them. I suppose we'll find out for sure eventually, but I'm not totally sure he's dead. I got the impression he was unconcious. But...who knows.
8. Tahiri's trial. Beautiful. I really enjoyed it, but unfortunately I'm expecting her to die.
I don't know that I ever really wanted her to go free. It didn't seem right. Too many Jedi get off for unspeakable crimes by simply being termed, "Temporarily Mentally Insane as Influenced by the Dark Side." I didn't want her to die, but I thought she needed to be sentenced as guilty. So I was pleased, though saddened, by this latest turn of events.
9. Temple-Dwelling Jedi. Boring and disappointing as usual! I'm sick of everyone in that Temple other than Cilghal. They do absolutely nothing. The only book they were any good in was Abyss, when they stormed in to see Valin and Jysella. And Jaina headed that up, for crying out loud! *sigh*
Overall, excellent book. I'm kind of hoping Abeloth's not dead, but as the crazy Jedi aren't crazy anymore, what is Daala going to do now? She has nothing to demand, no crazy Jedi to collect. I suppose, as with everything, we'll see.