RPG Anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPG Anyone?
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I was thinking about the possibility of starting up an RPG here on the forums. I've participated in a few forum RPG's so I could definatly help set the thing up if other people are interested.

Essentially, we'd decided on a story and everyone would create a character to take place in it. When we start, you post short snippets of the story from your character's perspective.

So, is anyone interested in starting one?
________
Volcano vaporizer

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sounds awesome!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

That's one person!

Let's start thinking about a possible story. I've always thought it would be cool to do one about an fighter squadron sort of like Michael Stockpole's X-Wing series.
________
Honda Cd250U

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote  

Well now mentioning X-Wings and fighter squadrons has just grabbed my attention. I just might join you guys (provided I can customize my starfighter ) This would be my first forum RPG ever though so I'm not sure how these things are exactly played.

Whatever story gets used its probably best to avoid basing it too closely on something from an EU book to avoid any accidental spoilers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'll post this at the top, too. This thread will be pretty much a planning thread, and when we get everything set, we'll make a thread for the actual game.

When we agree on a story outline, the next step is for every member joining the RPG to create a character. I'll give an outline for that soon. Once the story is outlined and the characters are made, forum users can take turns telling a little bit ofthe story, two or three paragraphs, from their character's perspective.

It's alot of fun to do, but it's the most fun with lots of epeople.

So people can start thinking of ideas now, here's an example on how you create your character. I used this character on an RPG a few months ago:

Name: Geran Scowrati
Class: Jedi Knight
Weapon: Green Lightsaber
Appearence: Shaggy brown hair, six feet three inches tall, brown eyes, musculiar build.. Wears a darker version of the traditional Jedi robes, much like Anakin Skywalker's.
Bio: Born on Correlia, Geran was accpepted into Jedi Training at the age of four. To make up for his lack of Force connection, Geran became an expert in all seven forms of lightsaber combat, making him an excellent fighter and strategist.
________
SC2 REPLAY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hey wait a minute, you guy's aren't leaving me out of this. Surprised This sounds like fun. Great idea. I've been wanting to get some RPG experience. (I'm trying to make an online RPG, but I've never done one so it makes it just a little difficult.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That sounds fun. I'm on an NJO one now http://z3.invisionfree.com/NJORoleplayingSite/index.php? so you can use that as a guideline maybe. I think a Thrawn era one would be cool.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote  

Well if our story is going to be about some starfighter squadron perhaps a good starting point would be to create the squadron's back story, name etc. Perhaps a name based on some sort of predator animal from Star Wars thats similar to the real world feline or canine family. Sort of a Star Wars version of the Flying Tigers of WWII fame.

The animals I can think of: feline-like animals: Nexu, Maalraas
canine-like animals: Kath hounds, Vornskr

Other predator creatures: firaxan shark, Terentatek, Rancor, Zakkeg, Hssiss (dark side dragons).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Oooh! Oooh! I would love to take part in this! Very Happy I'm on two RPG sites, one with me as the head admin (it's actually the one Judicar linked to!), so I'm a BIG roleplayer.

What era is it? Have we decided on this yet?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote  

I'll participate. As for suggested names: krak'jya (Bothan tiger), sando (the large water monster in Episode I), and skar'kla (another Bothan predator that used speed rather than power).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Like I said, I think a Thrawn Era would be cool. And would everyone be part of this squadron?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote  

I'll second the Thrawn Era. I assume that everyone would be part of the squadron but that choice is up to Jedi_Christopher since it was his idea.

On the squadron aspect of the story I had two ideas: 1) it could be an official Rebel Alliance military squadron in the sense of Rogue or Wraith Squadrons with standardized ships and equipment but with a wide range of mission capabilities or 2) a mercenary squadron hired by the Alliance (or Empire) with a motley assortment of ships with each pilot/character using their own ship of choice. For example, some might choose a fighter-bomber, other space superiority fighters or even the possibility of heavily armed light transports.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Some of you may remember that Son of Skywalker and myself have said that we would need to discuss the possibility of having a RPG thread. We told everyone to wait and let the administration decide. Jedi_Christopher, I'm not sure whether you were aware of that or not, so don't think that you're getting in trouble.

While the admin has yet to come to a decision, after seeing the positive reaction the idea has received, I will back the idea. However, if it could stay in the planning stages for the next few days, while we discuss it, that would be great. Once we come to an agreement ( and I'm going to guess that it will be in favor of having the thread) we will more than likely create a sub-forum just for RPG,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, if this gets passed, I would like to join myself. I like the idea of the fighter squadron, and Salaris Vorn's 2nd idea, about the mercenary ships, seems better to me. It gives people a wider range of choices.

I've done some roleplaying before, and I would suggest that we use this thread just to create the story idea. If we make a sub-forum, then we could have a separate thread to post characters. I'm not in control of that though, it's really up to Jedi_Christopher.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Everyone has great ideas! I'm glad you're in favor of it, Old Master Ben, and it would be great to have sub-forum for it.

And while a fighter squadron might be fun, I really like the idea of merc ships. I also love the idea of having it set in the Thrawn era. One thing I would shy away from is including main characters like Thrawn himself. We can't change canon or retcon anything, but we can include our story in some smaller event that was mentioned in the Zahn trilogy.

I like Darth Judicar's Skar'kla name. Maybe we could be the Skar'kla Mercenary Combine or somthing of the sort.
________
Vapir no2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 1 of 17