EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to EUCast's EUChatter Chat thread!!

Check out the complete list of EUCast Episodes and Specials in our
EUCast Episode Directory.

Things are changing here at EUCast! In the past, every episode of EUCast would have its own dedicated thread to discuss the show. To eliminate some of the monotonous work, we've decided to create THIS THREAD as the home for all the EUChatter.

Feel free to open this thread as you listen to current or favorites episodes of EUCast and comment away! Who knows, you just might find your comments on the show!

The aim of this thread is that fans will be able to interact with the hosts of EUCast, both past and present here on the forums.

This thread will cover multiple EUCast episodes. If you have any comments about a particular episode, feel free to post the episode number with your comment. If it's a general comment, then just post away!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

Last edited by illogicalRogue2 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 am; edited 5 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: EUChatter! The Offical Thread of EUCast!
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ok EUCers, we need some feedback, how has the EUCast been doing?

Are there things you like about a certain episode that you'd like to see more of?

Now is the time for your comments and feedback on the show! Things are always evolving here at EUCast, but we're giving you EUCers a chance to be heard.

So speak up!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First of all...! I haven't listened to an EuCast in quite awhile, and I am happy to say that the first one I listened to today (Episode 88 - Rubbed the Wrong Way) was very nice! It flowed very well, the hosts all interacted extremely well, no one was really talking over anyone else, etc. I was very impressed. Smile

Now onto my comments:

1. I agree with whoever said that Allana annoys him! Now, he said that was because the audio book reader used a whiny voice for her, but let me assure you that doesn't matter! I read my own books and therefore inflect my own dialogue and intonations, yet I also can't stand her! Everything Allana says or does is whiny in my head. I don't know if Del Rey wants us to hate her, but I'm very close. I very much dislike her. Maybe it's because she's so smart? I hate smart Star Wars kids. Unless they're world weary smart. That's different. Like a smart young Han Solo or Mara Jade would be awesome. But pampered kids with a loving family shouldn't be smart. Allana hasn't had to live anywhere where she would learn things faster than any other kids. She is fed her meals and taken care of and tucked into bed every night...and I don't like her grown-up personality, either. Arg, I dislike that child. Confused

2. I agree 125% with Austin! These Star Wars books should not have the amount of spelling errors, species mixups, and grammar mistakes that they do. I am perfectly happy to allow an error or two, but we're sometimes graced with over ten! Allies was one of the worst off that I can remember. The Chevs and Chevins were constantly being mixed up on the exact same page. On page whatever it is, Shohta the Chev slave was classified as both a Chev and a Chevin, back and forth. I think it changed a total of three times! Now even if you don't know which species is slave, and which species is master, you should still notice perfectly well that Shohta cannot be both, especially not on the same page!

Anyway, I thought this was very poor editing. I can understand the author making mistakes, that's certainly understandable, but what's up with the editors not picking up on this? The coup de grace, however, is the misspelling of Kyp Durron's name. How in the world can Star Wars get away with spelling one of its oldest EU character's last name wrong throughout the entire book? I was blown away by this. Price aside, Austin is correct in that we pay for professionalism and quality. This was very disappointing. LucasPublishing is making a killing with these books ($27 is highway robbery and beyond!), and they can't even both to do proper editing. Very disappointing.

Does it take away from my enjoyment of the book? Yes, actually, it does. I have trouble focusing on the story when I can't figure out if we're talking about Chevs or Chevin. Same with Durron. I was constantly questioning myself throughout the book, "Is it Durran? I thought it was Durron, I really did. But maybe I'm wrong." And no, I am not the type of person that wants to interrupt the story I'm reading to go look up the spelling of a last name. Arg.

Anyway, rant over. Smile

3. Yes! They should go back and revamp Jaina and Jacen's (and especially Anakin's) childhoods! They were so poorly written in the Bantam books, and rather childish (though that's to be expected) in YJK. I wish they'd give us something more with them! I realize that time has already been written to the fullest, but maybe if they could...do it over. It's not like they have problems with changing continuity. Rolling Eyes

4. Whoever said Thrawn should have died choking on his own name...ha! I about died laughing at that! That was hilarious. Laughing

Anyway, great job, guys! Keep it up! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
3. Yes! They should go back and revamp Jaina and Jacen's (and especially Anakin's) childhoods! They were so poorly written in the Bantam books, and rather childish (though that's to be expected) in YJK. I wish they'd give us something more with them! I realize that time has already been written to the fullest, but maybe if they could...do it over. It's not like they have problems with changing continuity.

Yeah I totally want that, I mean we get a little with Invasion - but they are older then what I was hoping for back story- that's a little too close to continuity error territory still at the age they are in Invasion Wink

Glad you liked the episode! Look forward to discussing the show and the rest of our EU enjoyment!

Thanks Mara!

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Also Mara- I totally get the Chevin Chev thing and the Durran Durron. Heck I even saw some words left out of sentences.

Also Episode 91 has a special treat- in a sense past meets present, We have on this episode: Riley, Mark, William, Andrew Lupi, Jon, Austin, Lawrence. Quite a few people on through out the episode!

I want to get all the hosts past and present to post in here about their favorite memories from their time on EUCast as well!

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, EUCast. I'm not sure anyone wants to hear it, but I'm going to give my retrospective of my time with the show anyway. I always had a really great time hosting the show-- be it pre-recorded or live, it was always fun. Some of the best times, though, were the starting episodes. We cared a lot of about quality but not at the expense of having fun; we use to take hours to record shows that ended up being slightly over one.

My favorite all-time memory, though, would be the time I mocked Lawrence (which time!? you ask) It's in a blooper and it was something about beds and pants. Good times, good times.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Commenting on Episode 90:

Whoever said it (I'm still trying to figure out you guys' voices), about having Legos all over the room...*ahem*. I still have Legos all over my room. Wherever they'll fit, there they are. I try to display as many as possible, but I'm only ever able to display about 4 sets. My room isn't that large, and my bookcases are dedicated to my Star Wars books, which don't even fit any longer. I've topped 200, and I just don't have room. So the Legos have to stick to the floor and a couple of other places. But, uh...anyway. My point being that I'm 21 years old now, and my room is still very much dedicated to Star Wars. Posters on every wall, Legos in every corner, books on every lateral surface, and a closet stuffed to the max with the excess. Someone once told my mom, "Don't worry about it. By the time she's 18, she'll grow out of it." Neutral

Course, I have to say that my loving mother has always been supportive of my Star Wars love. She's always on the lookout for special Star Wars merchandise at stores, and she'll call me to ask if I want it. She's awesome. Smile

Back to the episode, though, I have a request: Could y'all be more careful with spoilers? In Episode 88, someone blurted out that:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Also, in this episode about Gambit: Stealth, you guys kind of laid out the whole plot. And Stealth isn't that old. I heard a little more than I wanted to, but thankfully I was wearing headphones and was able to yank them off before I heard too much.

So no hard feelings, but just wondering if y'all could specify a little more when spoilers are upcoming. And if they're just blurted out, perhaps there could be a warning input during the editing process? I dunno. But just thought I'd ask. Thanks! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This sounds like a job for Austin the Boss! Laughing

I will personally make sure that they are more careful about spoilers in the future. I guess they got a little wild and carefree without me there to slow them down.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, ha. Crack the whip, Boss Austin. Wink

Nah, I know they didn't do it on purpose. Indeed, they just got going with their discussion, which I find extremely interesting, by the way. But gotta be careful about the spoilers, that's all. Smile

So thanks much! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

More comments on Episode 90:

I am absolutely loving this discussion on KOTOR. One of my favorite games ever, and I've played it a gabillion times. Although I always had trouble completing a Dark Side game, since I hated being mean. Sad

But talking about that door in the Sith Academy of Korriban. Did you ever figure out how to get through it? It's Master Uthar's room. And if you don't ally with Yuthura Ban (I think she can get you in the room), you can get T3 to open it. That's the way I always did it. Smile

Oh, and I have to say, while KOTOR was definitely the better game, KOTOR II most certainly had the best planet. Although I suppose, technically, it was a moon. Dxun was awesome! The. Best. Ever. Very Happy

Someone mentioned the space suit in KOTOR II going as slow as the one in KOTOR. But it doesn't. Mine walked so fast it was almost comical. So unless it was a graphical glitch, I assumed they had "fixed" the slowness of walking in the envrionment suit. And also, speaking of favorite planets, I did greatly enjoy Manaan. Y'all were talking about how Korriban felt foreboding and dark...well Manaan felt so calm and peaceful. Both planets were so emotionally effective...I loved both of them. Fighting through the tombs on Korriban was awesome, and wandering around in the complex under the water on Manaan was also awesome. I always hated those stupid sharks. They always scared me with their pixelatedly challenged selves. Wink

Let me just say this: KOTOR was the first thing to make me challenge how good and righteous the Jedi were. I always assumed, and believed, that the Jedi were practically above reproach. Anakin was a mistake they made, but otherwise they were such good people. Not anymore. I began to despise the Jedi more and more the more I played this game, until it came to a point that I wanted nothing to do with them. Unless they were Luke's Jedi. But I'm talking about prequel and prior Jedi. I was disgusted by them! That's how effective this game was. I was totally sold on the realities it was presenting me, and it so successfully caused me to question the Jedi that I almost came to believe that Order 66 was a necessity. Shocked

Not that all the Jedi should be killed, because those scenes still make me cry, but just that the Jedi needed to start over. And Palpatine unwittingly did that for them.

So anyway, awesome game. It reached out and touched the entire EU in a way I don't think they ever necessarily intended. Love it. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Ah- so you didn't care much for the "Spoils of War" segment? Or was it just that Stealth was "too new" ?? The purpose of the new segment is to spoil- though I guess we could use older works. We'd wanted something that didn't feel years old. But yeah we can certainly add number markers and "longer spoiler warnings" so people can jump past the parts they'd rather not be spoiled by.

warning input during the editing process?

Yeah this will be easy to do- we will make sure that we focus on catching and adding spoiler warnings if any get by during recording. Thanks Mara!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, no! The Spoils of War segment was excellent. It's just that I didn't realize it was intended to be full of spoilers. I suppose I, uh...didn't put two and two together. Embarassed

So I was just wondering if you could put more of a warning before beginning the discussion. That's all. But great segment. Certainly don't get rid of it. It was a really great idea. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
More comments on Episode 90:

But talking about that door in the Sith Academy of Korriban. Did you ever figure out how to get through it? It's Master Uthar's room. And if you don't ally with Yuthura Ban (I think she can get you in the room), you can get T3 to open it. That's the way I always did it. Smile

Ah!!! I'm so going to hit that up next time I go through the game! I never did get behind the door. And the Prima book I had never even mentioned it which I found odd and slightly disturbing in a spooky Sith kind of way! Laughing

Let me just say this: KOTOR was the first thing to make me challenge how good and righteous the Jedi were. I always assumed, and believed, that the Jedi were practically above reproach. Anakin was a mistake they made, but otherwise they were such good people. Not anymore. I began to despise the Jedi more and more the more I played this game, until it came to a point that I wanted nothing to do with them. Unless they were Luke's Jedi. But I'm talking about prequel and prior Jedi. I was disgusted by them! That's how effective this game was. I was totally sold on the realities it was presenting me, and it so successfully caused me to question the Jedi that I almost came to believe that Order 66 was a necessity.

Oh wow I never would have thought! I guess though it does make sense. The Kotor comic was like that for me. Lucien's Jedi cabal had me feeling the same. Personally I prefer the past, or Luke's and beyond for my Jedi. Something about Yoda Anakin and Obi-wans group that I'm just not as excited about reading. Don't get me wrong- I loved the Dark Horse Clone Wars run and what it did for the characters and the story, but since then I've not had that FEEL. I think I had the same problem with Stealth.

One quick question for you Mara: For the Spoils of War- what in your opinion is "too soon" to cover in depth a more recent work? We were thinking about doing more Spoils segments, perhaps starting in the NJO and working our way froward one book at a time. Part of the trick is we were hoping to use books we've "all" read. Riley's still catching up Smile

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I always had to remind myself that T3 could open virtually anything. So whenever I hit a security something that I couldn't open, I had to remember to go get him. If I could, anyway. But don't get terribly excited! There's nothing extremely impressive in there. I mean, there's a couple cool things, but nothing mindblowing. Just thought I'd warn you. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
One quick question for you Mara: For the Spoils of War- what in your opinion is "too soon" to cover in depth a more recent work? We were thinking about doing more Spoils segments, perhaps starting in the NJO and working our way froward one book at a time. Part of the trick is we were hoping to use books we've "all" read. Riley's still catching up Smile

Oh, I don't think they need to be that old. You want them to be fairly fresh in the reader's mind, I agree. But I would say for regular releases, give the reader at least 3 months. Cause I find that there are so many books coming out these days that it's very hard for people to keep up. For more prominent books, though (like FotJ), I'd say wait about a month. That gives everybody that's trying time to get their hands on and read said book.

I don't think y'all were too early for Stealth, not at all. I just didn't realize about the spoilers, since I thought the general rule was about 6 months. Great segment, though. Really enjoyed what I heard of it. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 24