Jar Jar Binks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jar Jar Binks
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Do you love him or hate him. I don't hate him, but he's not one of my favourite characters. Does anyone know if he's stil alive?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote  

I don't mind him and sometimes find him funny. As far as him being alive? I don't know but I'd say its a fair bet that because the Empire didn't take too kindly to alien species he didn't have the easiest of times after the Old Republic fell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

For me, now days I just don't care. I tolerate it. I think people that still passionatly hate him should find somthing else to hate. It's been almost ten years since the movie came out.

And it's not like they're shoving him in our faces. They realized fans dislike him so they really haven't done anything with him since Epside 1 except, you know, blame the fall of the Republic on him
________
IPAD GUIDES

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I was surprised when I recently learned that there were fans who disliked Jar-Jar.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Really? I don't hate him, he just annoys me. In my opinion, they tried too hard to make a funny character for kids.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quote  

At first I didn't really like him because he was just too much of a cartoon character in the way he acted. It was like Roger Rabbit. But, after seeing the skit they did with him on Robot Chicken, I'd say it was all worth it. That was hilarious!

"Ani, Ani, I'sa all glowy."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The robot Chicken was hilarious with Jar Jar; I think that may be my favorite part of it! I laughed when I first saw him in Episode I but I was young and misguided Laughing Now, he isn't a character I go out of my way to check out but I'd say I don't hate him nor like him.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

He's not my favorite character, but I wouldn't take him out of the story.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote  

This is the best Jar Jar pic I think I've ever found...butterflies for the win!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't hate Jar Jar, I disliked him in TPM and was happy for his small role in AoC and for his almost total absence from RotS.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really like the way they handle Jar-Jar in the Clone Wars more than in the movies. Maybe he's just destined to be a cartoon.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He's actually been decent and dare I say likeable in the Clone Wars show. I was completely put off by his character in TPM (even when I was like 11) and disliked him up until now. As a cartoon he seems to be where he should be. Now I'll say this, the love scenes in AotC make Jar-Jar look like a work of art and brilliance. And yeah, the Robot Chicken thing was hilarious Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote  

I'd have to say that initially I though he was stupid and I was one of the haters, but with the passing of time he's kind of grown on me. Still not one my favorite characters, but he's bearable and likable at times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I never really hated Jar Jar, but he is definetly one of my least favorite characters in Star Wars. Like to the point where I could care less if he was never created.

But thats just my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I used to not mind Jar Jar, but...the more I watch the prequels, the more I hate him. *shrugs* Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 4