EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Yeah, I always had to remind myself that T3 could open virtually anything. So whenever I hit a security something that I couldn't open, I had to remember to go get him. If I could, anyway. But don't get terribly excited! There's nothing extremely impressive in there. I mean, there's a couple cool things, but nothing mindblowing. Just thought I'd warn you. Smile

I always forgot to sup up T3 in that regard ;(

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
One quick question for you Mara: For the Spoils of War- what in your opinion is "too soon" to cover in depth a more recent work? We were thinking about doing more Spoils segments, perhaps starting in the NJO and working our way froward one book at a time. Part of the trick is we were hoping to use books we've "all" read. Riley's still catching up Smile

Oh, I don't think they need to be that old. You want them to be fairly fresh in the reader's mind, I agree. But I would say for regular releases, give the reader at least 3 months. Cause I find that there are so many books coming out these days that it's very hard for people to keep up. For more prominent books, though (like FotJ), I'd say wait about a month. That gives everybody that's trying time to get their hands on and read said book.

I don't think y'all were too early for Stealth, not at all. I just didn't realize about the spoilers, since I thought the general rule was about 6 months. Great segment, though. Really enjoyed what I heard of it. Smile

Good to know listener's opinions and thanks again Mara!

We'll have to work up some real cool audio for a spoiler warning Wink

Granted that was a SPOILER filled episode Wink We figured we'd roll it out with a spoiler segment for Book comic and game Wink

Glad you liked it Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Now listening to Episode 89:

Oh, my gosh! The dating segment was hilarious! I know, I know...my humor is odd. People generally don't find funny what I do. But that was just hysterical! "...she's been looking for love in all the wrong places..." Laughing

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Now listening to Episode 89:

Oh, my gosh! The dating segment was hilarious! I know, I know...my humor is odd. People generally don't find funny what I do. But that was just hysterical! "...she's been looking for love in all the wrong places..." Laughing

We can chock it up as a success then? :D

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Indeed. Smile

I was at work today, and where I work now, I'm free to listen to all the podcasts I want. So I was catching up on the ones I've been missing, though I seem to be working backwards. I can listen to about 3 a day, if I listen to them most of my working hours. So that's how I've listened to so many recently, in case you were wondering.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm greatly enjoying the podcasts. They make my work day go by that much quicker, and I'm just enjoying it to the fullest. The hosts are great, they interact so well, as I've been saying. The segments are excellent. The discussions are very indepth and well-rounded as far as opinion goes. It's great to have the older hosts popping in once inawhile (the hosts from back in my day Wink), and I'm just having a great time overall.

Keep up the good work, guys! It's a blast to listen to. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Just a reminder everyone - if you haven't left us a review on iTunes, please do! Reviews and ratings (also, subscribe!) really help the show be seen by more people. Thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I would be happy to review, rate, and subscribe! But, uh...dumb question. How does one go about that? I rarely use iTunes. No iPod for me, so...call me a sheltered cave woman if you want to, but I just never bothered to get my hands on one. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, first you'll need an account on iTunes. After you've made that, you can go to the Store, and in the search bar, put EUCast. You should see us. Click on the album image, and you'll see our page, with reviews at the bottom, and a little star thing to rate. If you're signed in, it should be pretty easy to figure out how to leave a review, and to rate, just click the amount of stars you want to give us.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Awesome! Will do. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The EU Review interviews comic book writer John Jackson Miller - http://www.solosound.net/eu-review/1665!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Commenting on Episode 85:

Ha, the musical connection was rather coincidental, which I found humorous. On the way to work this morning, I was listening to one of my homemade/put together CDs, and the first two songs are Fireflies and Don't Stop Believing. Smile

Yes, I have an odd taste in music. None of the songs ever seem to belong in even remotely the same category. But I have a quick comment concerning that! Don't Stop Believing is one of my favorite songs ever, and I'm afraid that it belongs to Journey, guys! They will always be the artists of that song, sorry. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Commenting on Episode 85:

Ha, the musical connection was rather coincidental, which I found humorous. On the way to work this morning, I was listening to one of my homemade/put together CDs, and the first two songs are Fireflies and Don't Stop Believing. Smile

Yes, I have an odd taste in music. None of the songs ever seem to belong in even remotely the same category. But I have a quick comment concerning that! Don't Stop Believing is one of my favorite songs ever, and I'm afraid that it belongs to Journey, guys! They will always be the artists of that song, sorry. Wink

Yep- My wifes all time favorite band is Journey- she was stoked we played it too.

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Is this the speeder bike for TOR that y'all were talking about in whatever episode it was?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Is this the speeder bike for TOR that y'all were talking about in whatever episode it was?

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Oooh Good shot of one! Yeah they I guess will have a few styles of bikes as well as different ships too. This game is looking epic! I use that word a lot- but then again I think Star Wars is pretty epic for the most part Wink

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Episode 92: Obsess Much?! is out now on SoloSound for your listening enjoyment!

Special things to note- this episode like the last few shows the new direction of the shows format. The music in the background, the new spoiler warnings, new segments, all sorts of fun new things. We've also shifted from a "Main" topics to "Segment" driven topics.

Where as some segments may be small, others shall be large. Hopefully this will allow us to balance a wide array of SWEU topics as well as delving deep into the meaty topics!

Hope you all are enjoying the show! And as always we love the feedback!

Special thanks again to you Mara for your recent feedback- both here and on the itunes! itunes reviews help the show the most by allowing us to gain more users! Thanks again for the great review Mara!

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 2 of 24