RPG Anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote  

Skar'kla Mercenary Combine sounds alright.

As for alternate names this is what I could come up with for a name: The Skaríkla Commando Corps (or The Skaríkla Commandos).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Those definatly top my idea, Salaris. Very good ideas. I like the Skar'la Commando Corps idea.

I think we should have this group be contracted into Thrawn's forces. We shouldn't do anything closely connected to the main plot of the Zahn trilogy, so maybe we could go as far as creating an entire system of planets for our group to operate in.
________
FREE XXX MOVIES

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So we want them to be hired by the Empire, rather than the Rebellion? That seems like a good idea to me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Maybe there can be 2 squads: one Rebellion, one Empire.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Oooh... I like that idea Judicar. This is Thrawn era, then? M'kay, cool.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I like that idea too. Very Happy Thrawn era, mmm... should be interesting. Of course, any era would be interesting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ok, it seems a lot of people are wanting to join. When we get the subforum let's make sure we get a thread open specifically for us to post our character info in,

Here's an idea: this group is offered a contract by both the Empire and the Rebellion. They split in half and join seperate sides, and their first assignment is to destroy the part of their group that joined the othe faction?
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote  

Perhaps rather than "destroy" it could be how their forced to reunite. If one group destroys the other for some people it could be a rather short lived RPG (since their character would presumably be killed by the victorious side, and it wouldn't be much fun to spend a lot of time creating a character only to be killed shortly into the story).

Plus with the group reuniting you could have the friction between the two sides as they reconcile with one another when they are forced to work together to survive/get paid on jobs. For example, the missions could take place in areas beyond the Outer Rim (such as near Kamino or something) where mission 1 one side wins the other is forced to retreat but as the two sides getter deeper into space beyond the Outer Rims they find themselves continually harder pressed and eventually forced to reunite simply for survival (such as after a mission goes terribly wrong).

If we go with this idea of a split how will we divide up to make sure that its not something like most are all Rebels and only 1 person sides with the Empire?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

On second thought, it would be much easier for us if this group stayed together. We could still have people in the group who disagree with the decision and that could create some friction.
________
Arizona Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, it's looking like a go. I'm going to work on getting the sub-forums up. If you could get a final summary of how the RPG will go (plot, time period, and such), that would be great. Just post it here once decided. I'll also make the thread for character posting.

Also, so that this doesn't get out of control, it's been suggested that we vote on characters. Meaning, when you propose your character, he/she must be approved by the majority of your fellow members. This way, one person can't post that they are the "leader" or whatever else could cause disagreement without having everyone go along with it. What do you guys think?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

RPG forum is up, along with the rules and characters thread. Please refrain from posting in the characters thread until the first RPG has been finalized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote  

Sounds good. Whatever character I create would be in favor of working for the Empire. Might be a good idea to see who is for what side right now just to see how we stand. Then we can begin figuring out how we want the storyline to go. The merc idea is awesome and the Thrawn Era is a perfect backdrop. I also like the idea of friction between the members due to differing alliances.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My character would also be in favor of working for the Empire. But only because they pay better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh boy, I seem to be the odd one out so far, I would want to have a rebel character.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

OK, I say we join the Empire, though a few members of our group are really unhappy with that decision. We're tasked to attack some Rebellion convoy, a mission that goes totally wrong.
________
Grow medical marijuana

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 2 of 17