EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No problem! Episode 92 was great, as usual, and spoiler warnings were excellent! Just wanted to give a shout out about that. Smile

Very interesting discussion on the Force. And I loved that checklist at the end. Funny that they kept mentioning about Mara Jade, cause everything applies to her for me. And who were you poking fun at when you mentioned that you know people who make presentations about their favorite characters? Wink

Nah, I really enjoy it. Making slideshows about the characters. I think it's fun. Smile

Man, I could check off probably 10 of those 15, at least! And I would certainly fight someone to the death concerning Mara. Just try and tell me she was dating Lando at one time...I almost wanted to have it out with Christie Golden just for suggesting that Luke was still all lovey-dovey about Callista! So yeah...never talk smack about Mara Jade around Mara Jade. It...won't be pretty.

Anyway, great episode! Loved it! Going to go ahead and continue my trek backwards with the other episodes. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
And who were you poking fun at when you mentioned that you know people who make presentations about their favorite characters?

Could have been you as well Mara- But the one that came to mind immediately was one of Sword's Jacen Solo videos

It brought me right back to there Smile Great video (though that could be attributed to her choice in songs- you get me with a good song- you've got me for the whole thing :D )

And for the record- I'm jealous I've not the skill to make a video for Ganner Rhysode Laughing

Cause you KNOW I'd do it!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, Rogue, this is your fault! And Riley's. In the Musical Connection on one of the podcasts, Iyaz's Solo sounded so perfect for Jaina and Jacen that my sister and I just had to turn it into a slideshow. So here you go:

Jaina and Jacen - Solo

And yes, the pitch was raised slightly for it to fit Jaina better. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

AWESOME!!!!!

Seriously great work! I loved the change in pitch, and the collection of pictures you had was well put together! I especially enjoyed how you'd remove Jacen from the shots as well- the timing was superb!

I totally see SW slide-shows in my mind when I listen to music these days, but to see a good one set before me! *Hats off*

Many Kudos! and a Death Star!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, well thank you very much! My sister worked very hard on the removal pictures (I thought those were pretty awesome, myself Smile), and I helped with placing all the pictures at the right places/times.

So glad you enjoyed it! And I appreciate the positive feedback! Always good to hear. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Ha, well thank you very much! My sister worked very hard on the removal pictures (I thought those were pretty awesome, myself Smile), and I helped with placing all the pictures at the right places/times.

So glad you enjoyed it! And I appreciate the positive feedback! Always good to hear. Smile

With your permission Mara- we'd love to mention this video on one of the upcoming shows- perhaps even link it in our show-notes- only with your permission of course! But that's some talent!

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, Rogue, that would be awesome! Yes, you have our complete permission, and I really appreciate it! And be sure they know that there are plenty more on our Yahoo video channel, where that video is hosted. What can I say, we enjoy what we do! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Complaint! Okay, so I was listening to the older episodes, and I happened upon the Still Alive parody that William and Riley recorded. I went into that episode completely expecting to love this song. I was preparing to love it and sing its praises. And that's the way it was going until I got to the end. I was rather offended by the jab at Traviss!

Poor Traviss. I realize she was most probably a very picky author, and not that easy to work with. But she's a nice person, and none of the other authors liked her, and I don't think that was right of them. Surely they could have at least tried. Just think if it was Timothy Zahn we were talking about, and he left Bantam before writing The Last Command! You would be absolutely devestated! Well that's how we felt when Imperial Commando 2 was cancelled. It's very sad. Sad

I wrote Mrs. Traviss about her leaving, and I got a very polite and personalized email back. I was rather surprised! But while I didn't relish the idea of someone else finishing her series, I would at least hope for that over the end of the series altogether!

But anyway, what I said about being offended was in jest, of course. But really...must we all be so harsh on poor Traviss? She really was an excellent author, even if she had an obsessed love of the Mandos. But how can you blame her? Each of us has an obsessed love of this saga we call Star Wars. So who are we to judge?

Anyway...that was not directed at the hosts, sorry. I just felt the need to vent. *sheepish grin*

Great song, though, other than that line! I was impressed with your parody writing abilities. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm with you Mara- I too am a huge Traviss fan- we've had many email conversations, and she's sent me signed slips for my books, and would comment on my son's 501st Birthday parties. She's the salt of the earth in my book- and a tragedy shes left SWEU.

I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd even like to try to get her back on EUCast for an interview someday.

The potential works that we lost due to her leaving make my mando loving heart ache!

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, really? That's awesome! Now there's an author that cares about her fans. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, knowing that you have a "online friendship" with an author when they thank the fans you feel like in a way they are thanking you specifically.

Which all authors do- but only with Karen, and Zahn do I feel like they are talking about me Laughing

Yes, I really am a BIG GEEK :D

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I could not be more jealous of you, Mr. Rogue. You have Stormtroopers and the like show up at your sons' birthday parties, you know the people at Star Tours so they name you specifically on the ride, and now you have online friendships with Karen Traviss and Timothy Zahn?! My gosh, man. I don't know that we can converse any longer. There will stand a wall of jealousy between us. It will be hard to overcome. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I could not be more jealous of you, Mr. Rogue. You have Stormtroopers and the like show up at your sons' birthday parties, you know the people at Star Tours so they name you specifically on the ride, and now you have online friendships with Karen Traviss and Timothy Zahn?! My gosh, man. I don't know that we can converse any longer. There will stand a wall of jealousy between us. It will be hard to overcome. Wink

Oh don't get me wrong Mara- I only apply it from Zahn- all I have there is a signature. but I'm geek enough that it inspires the same Uber Geek "they're talking to me" feelings Laughing Well that and he too is an Oregon man :D

And when Karen left SW, I felt after my "I'll miss your work" email, that having her insight into the EU will be most sorely missed. She doesn't - or can't talk about too much now. And frankly I enjoyed her opinion on the Mandos and the Clones. And was completely floored that they seem to disregard so much. I hope Jason Fry gets more opportunities to fill in- he works well in her areas too! And they would collaborate when she was writing the Commando books so he's got insight to her thoughts on the direction of the characters plus he had worked with the Mandos in the past as Able did.

Stang! I'm still sore that she's done with SWEU ;( My heart's missing a little something when it comes to the Clone Wars era now- (that's my current theory as to why I'm having such a hard time with the Clone Wars novels)

I blazed through Allies, and it was a 3 month read for Gambit- I've just stared Siege and am already off to a slow start.

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

EUCast Ep. 93 is online at SoloSound.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Can I be selfish for a second? I really hate to ask this, because I don't want to sound pushy/annoying. But I was hoping it wouldn't hurt to ask. I won the first EUCast contest way back in August, and I, uh, never got the comic I won. And I know it's not that important, but...I just wanted to ask about it.

No worries about it, really! If you don't have the comic anymore, please don't worry about it. But I just thought I'd ask. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 3 of 24