Extra! Extra!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Extra! Extra!
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I was at a loss as to where to put a news blurb, so I created this. If any of the mods feel it doesn't belong, feel free to fix it!

But now for the announcement. I hear Lucas is set to produce his first movie since Star Wars: Red Tails. Seems he couldn't keep away from the fighter planes. Wink

It's about the Tuskegee Airmen, and you can read about it here:

Lucas Produces First Film Post Star Wars

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, I remember looking on Wikipedia a while ago under Lucas's article, and they had this listed as an upcoming film, but with little info. Knowing George, there will be a grand two minutes without CGI. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha, yeah. I'm happy to hear he's still making movies.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote  

Considering that old movie/achieve footage was used to represent the space combat scenes in the early stages of the production of ANH it is fitting that Lucas will make a film on WWII fighter pilots.

I think a movie was already made on the Tuskegee Airmen so it will be interesting to see how they compare.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Check it out, people! WickedLasers, a company that makes portable lasers, has a new line of lasers called the Spyders. LucasLicensing, in a fit of rage, has threatened to sue, and here's why:

The company claims that the lasers were never intended to look like lightsabers.

Liars.

Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It reminds me of the amazing Toy Fair invention that somehow wasn't meant to look like an X-Wing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

The company claims that the lasers were never intended to look like lightsabers.

Lying to George Lucas is never a good idea. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote  

Actually I'm in agreement with the company. Those lasers do not look like lightsabers, they look like high end flashlights. Lucasfilms only took interest because everyone who did an article on them couldn't help but compare them to lightsabers because it makes a better headline.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No, those don't look at all like lightsabers. I would also compare them to flashlights. But most of the Spyders (the pic of the ones I posted) look just like lightsabers! Or at least I think so. I don't know that LucasLicensing has the right to sue, but...I highly doubt there was no intention to have them resemble lightsabers. I mean...it is cool. And they are lasers. So...you know. I would certainly like to own one. Though I don't know what I'd do with it other than try to pretend it was a prop from one of the movies. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote  

Their S3 Spyder series lasers are the only ones that look like lightabers (the Fusion is a green laser, and the Artic is a blue laser). I would argue that the only aspect that really crosses the lightsaber line is that notch around the button. That does make it resemble a lightsaber hilt. Plus with that round button thingy at the bottom. I still think they're overreacting though. It's not like they're promoting it as a Star Wars product or "own your own lightsaber." Near as I can tell, Lucasfilm's fear is that people will buy these things because they think they can play with them as lightsabers and they'll go and hurt themselves or others.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay - This is on TFN.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/A_New_Carrie_Fisher_132481.asp

I'm kind of at a loss. How is this news on a Star Wars website? Laughing Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What?! Gah! There will be no other in my book. That's just so weird. Hopefully, surely, she'll keep her maiden name for publicity reasons. Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Seriously though...how many other people are there in the world named Carrie Fisher? I would bet on a lot. This is a non-story. I really am rolling my eyes. Rolling Eyes

Are they TFN or TMZ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well yes, I certainly understand that. But I suppose just the fact that it's another extremely well-known Carrie, and suddenly she's a Fisher also. *shrugs*

It's interesting, if nothing else. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mesa no like celebrity gossip on my Star Wars news site. Wink Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2