EUChatter! The Offical Chat Thread of EUCast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Can I be selfish for a second? I really hate to ask this, because I don't want to sound pushy/annoying. But I was hoping it wouldn't hurt to ask. I won the first EUCast contest way back in August, and I, uh, never got the comic I won. And I know it's not that important, but...I just wanted to ask about it.

No worries about it, really! If you don't have the comic anymore, please don't worry about it. But I just thought I'd ask. Smile

OH?! (August was before my time on the show) but which comic was it? I'll look into getting that for you - or at worst a replacement?

Smile

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, that would be so nice of you! You certainly don't have to do that, but...I won't stop you. Wink

I believe it was Purge #1. It was one of the Purge comics, either #1 or #0 (if there is a zero). But it honestly doesn't matter to me. I was just so excited about winning...I'd never won a contest before, and even though I'm pretty sure I was probably only about 1 of 3 or so participating, it was exciting all the same. I couldn't wait to be like, "Oh, see that comic book? Yeah, I won that in an online contest." Very Happy

Really, though, you don't have to do that. I just didn't know if whoever it was still had it stashed in a closet or something. That's totally up to you guys. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That was Andrew's prize. He was supposed to ship it. Mad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I'm sorry! Andrew's been very busy, I know. So I can understand how he missed it. And you guys don't have to go dig out another one. I just wanted to ask is all. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I do, indeed, remember this. The reason I did not ship it was because you had left EUC due to concerns about the forums and I wasn't sure it would be a good idea to ship something from it at that time. However, I still do have the extra copy, so if you'd like it, simply say the word :D

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, this is indeed true! I hadn't even thought of that. So no worries, my friend. I completely understand. But yes, I would still like it if you still feel like shipping it. Allow me to PM you the correct address. The one you have is outdated. We still have it, but...we almost never check it anymore. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, this is indeed true! I hadn't even thought of that. So no worries, my friend. I completely understand. But yes, I would still like it if you still feel like shipping it. Allow me to PM you the correct address. The one you have is outdated. We still have it, but...we almost never check it anymore. Smile

Ahh another EUCast problem solved Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, ha. Yes, the EUCast to the rescue! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, I'm all the way back to Episode #71 now, so forgive me if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm referring to more Traviss bashing. Which, I've heard this before, so I'm revisiting my rant. I realize several people, including her fellow authors, didn't like working with her in LotF, but I think that's their problem. I understand that she was rather obsessed with the Mandalorians, but so what?! They're a part of the galaxy, and nobody's ever really written about them before. I think it's fair to say that they felt they had a stake in the ongoing war in LotF, and that they would have been involved. But the other authors refused to build upon that. It wasn't only her fault that those parts of her novels had to stand alone. The only time any author decided to take up that storyline was Denning in Invincible, and he pretty much crushed everything Traviss had established up to that point. I find that pretty cruel, and what's worse, I think it was extremely unprofessional and very distateful that he publicly bashed her at the San Diego Comic Con or whatever it was. I was rather put off by that. Left a sour taste in my mouth. Confused

Now, I agree that the Mandalorians maybe shouldn't have been used as much as she did use them...but there were ways of making it fit the entire series. And they didn't even try. So...shame on them. You can't put all the blame on Traviss. Neutral

Disclaimer: I know I sound like a dedicated Traviss lover at this point, which I am. But I'm not so blinded that I don't think she made mistakes. I do. I just don't think all of it was her fault as people try to say, is all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But if the other two authors, and maybe even Sue, say that they would prefer not to focus on the Mandos, don't you think Karen is outvoted and should not focus on the Mandos? Why put her stuff in if the majority of the group didn't want it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Perhaps, but why don't they? Each author likes to bring in the characters that they created/expanded upon/whatever, and they like to give them a lot more attention than other authors do. So why should Traviss be excluded from this privilege? Again, I said that she shouldn't have used them as much as she did, but I think the others should have at least allowed for some Mando interaction. On the flip side, I think Traviss should have focused more on their characters, as well.

I agree with Sword (Noelle) that the authors all stick to themselves too much. It makes for a choppy series, because everyone is picky and, to put it bluntly, selfish. They don't want to give any of their pagetime over to another author. If you're writing a joint-effort series, this must be done! Give a little, for goodness' sake.

In their defense, however, I think they've done much better in FotJ as far as cohesion is concerned. With the exception of Backlash, which I felt was a little disconnected from the rest of the series. But they are making progress, and for that I am thankful. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, I'm all the way back to Episode #71 now, so forgive me if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm referring to more Traviss bashing. Which, I've heard this before, so I'm revisiting my rant. I realize several people, including her fellow authors, didn't like working with her in LotF, but I think that's their problem. I understand that she was rather obsessed with the Mandalorians, but so what?! They're a part of the galaxy, and nobody's ever really written about them before. I think it's fair to say that they felt they had a stake in the ongoing war in LotF, and that they would have been involved. But the other authors refused to build upon that. It wasn't only her fault that those parts of her novels had to stand alone. The only time any author decided to take up that storyline was Denning in Invincible, and he pretty much crushed everything Traviss had established up to that point. I find that pretty cruel, and what's worse, I think it was extremely unprofessional and very distateful that he publicly bashed her at the San Diego Comic Con or whatever it was. I was rather put off by that. Left a sour taste in my mouth. Confused

Now, I agree that the Mandalorians maybe shouldn't have been used as much as she did use them...but there were ways of making it fit the entire series. And they didn't even try. So...shame on them. You can't put all the blame on Traviss. Neutral

Disclaimer: I know I sound like a dedicated Traviss lover at this point, which I am. But I'm not so blinded that I don't think she made mistakes. I do. I just don't think all of it was her fault as people try to say, is all.

I agree 100% Mara. I too think it was a travesty that they disregarded her whole Mandalorian arc. In both Legacy and TWCas. But at least Sue R. said they will try to resolve the character arcs at some point Wink

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that is good. I'm glad they're at least not going to just leave the poor guys (and girls) hanging. As someone else said, this would be the first series that was stopped before it was complete. Confused

And I like that term: Travissty. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And I like that term: Travissty. Wink

Speaking of the SWEU Travissty, this weeks EUCast: #94 A Day Late and a Dollar Short we discussed the final nail in the IMPCOM2 and the Commando over all series coffin.

As well as the comic and Book line ups and their truffle shuffle in the DelRey lineup.

Mara's EUCast debut as well!

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Alright EUCers, what are the topics that interest you most as a Star Wars EU Fan? What would you enjoy listening to us discuss on EUCast in the future?

Thanks for your input!

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 4 of 24