Should the GFFA interact with other galaxies in post-FOTJ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the GFFA interact with or travel to other galaxies in post-FOTJ novels?
Definitely YES!!!!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
NO!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Not till after 2013 or in Del Rey's next contract
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Should the GFFA interact with other galaxies in post-FOTJ?
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I think it would be awesome if after FOTJ ends DelRey should do either some post-FOTJ standalone hardcovers or another 9-book series set post-FOTJ where the GFFA interacts with other galaxies. Have the Big 3 or Jaina and Ben or the Jedi Order/Galactic Alliance invent a faster hyperdrive an launch a second Outbound Flight Project to other galaxies where the Jedi/GA could have new adventures and face new enemies and dangers and perhaps even encouter an InterGalactic Republic who have been waiting years for the GFFA to come to peace with itself and join the community of hundreds or thousands of galaxies.

Perhaps the Big 3 or Jedi/GA encouter all sorts of alien galaxies:

Galaxies similar to the GFFA but more peaceful

Galaxies run by evil empires

Galaxies divided in civil war

Galaxies Bizarre and Alien

Galaxies run by droids with organics as servants

Galaxies uncolonized with no history of a galactoc government

Perhaps the Sith could join a higher intergalactic evil

I think this would bring new life to the SW EU and of course it would be awesome if the Big Three,Jaina,Ben and Allana go off on adventures in other galaxies in post-FOTJ hardcover standalones or another 9-book series set after FOTJ. If not then maybe after the Legacy comics Cade Skywalker and co. could travel to other galaxies.

Some Star Trek novels took place in other galaxies so why not Post-FOTJ Star Wars novels?

Exclamation Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think most of those things could just be found on unexplored planets in the distance reaches of the current Star Wars galaxy, instead of having them be galaxy spread. Even making them new systems would work. But I think a whole new galaxy is too big and unneeded. I like the ideas of our characters coming across some of these things, but in smaller spaces.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I just think future SW novels post-FOTJ should take place either in other galaxies or several other galaxies or at least there should be more novels set in the Unknown Regions because I would like to see them fully explored and to confront the remaning terrors there by the Big Three or the Jedi as they are in the Legacy comics.

Exclamation Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Perhaps not, although extra-galactic visitors have appeared already in Marvel Star Wars (Riders in the Void or something and then there are YV, so one could do it otherwise. But perhaps a some small companion galaxy of the SW galaxy could be used to produce some future threat with a different kind of society having evolved there etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't really want them to go beyond the galaxy, because I like the contained atmosphere of a galaxy far, far away. I also don't think it's really needed, as OMB said, because it's a big galaxy and there's plenty of opportunity in itself.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why? There's so much more to explore in the Star Wars galaxy. There are around 200 billion stars in it, and there is only like 100 named systems?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I agree, I think beyond the edge of the galaxy should stay a mystery, like it always has. But I do think it would be fun for them to encounter a civilization on some unknown planet where the droids were in charge. Something Terminator-esque. That would be kind of cool. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's actually one of my ideas for the New Era. People land on the droid controlled planet, and the robots examine the ship. They find out the design, and can quickly replicate a fleet. They would ultimately scour the galaxy for resources and the heroes of the Republic must find a way to stop them... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:29 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

That's a great idea for a future post-FOTJ novel. Maybe this droid controlled planet can be in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space or one of the satellite galaxies.

Exclamation Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quote  

First off, I'd rather they stopped with the whole 'All Hardbacks' trend because that gets expensive and I don't think people should be pressured into buying the hardbacks just so they don't have to wait for the paperback reprints.

Secondly, I'd rather Star Wars not turn into Star Trek and venture off to other galaxies, however, I wouldn't mind if they explored the Companion/Satellite Galaxies. I think it would be cool if they did a book or series in say the Rishi Maze. It's unexplored territory and it's always fun to see new worlds explored.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'd love a good Hardback post-FOTJ novel set in the Unknown Regions or in both of the satellite galaxies with the Big 3,Ben,Jaina and Alanna having new adventures there and facing new dangers a la droid revolution or the return of the Nagai or Tofs.

Hardcovers are better than paperbacks because they tell more epic stories like Lord of the Rings is to 3 hr epic movies.

Exclamation Wink Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hardcovers and paperbacks contain the same stories though...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Del Rey tends to make their 'epicest' stories hardcover, but there's no real reason why they can't do the same stories in paperback.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ronbond007 wrote:
Hardcovers are better than paperbacks because they tell more epic stories like Lord of the Rings is to 3 hr epic movies.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say THAT is true. After all, I've got both "Allegiance" and "Tatooine Ghost" in hardback on my shelf, but "epic" stories like The Dark Nest trilogy and the X-Wing books are all paperback.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

But I think it would be awesome if there were a SW hardcover set post-FOTJ with the Big 3 and co. having an adventure in the Unknown Regions or the Satellite Galaxies or even another major spiral galaxy similar to the GFFA.

I think the Big 3,Ben,Jaina,Allana or the GA and Jedi should at least visit several other galaxies outside the GFFA like Marvel issue 38 Riders in the Void or at least meet an InterGalactic Republic in a Post-FOTJ hardcover or paperback trilogy.

Very Happy Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 3