NO Imperial Commando 2 from Traviss!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote  

Stang! No more Kal Skirata Sad

I don't see any other books scheduled in that time period that will be wrapping this up.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This really sucks. I loved the RC books, reread them a couple of times and yes, almost got teary eyed when Etain died. And now they won't even finish things up. Totally sucks.

Thanks GL. Good thing you insisted on continuity, so you could stomp all over it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I feel for you guys, but for me, ignorance is bliss. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kurt, as much as I think George stomped on the EU, I really don't think that's why Karen quit. She's said that it was contract agreements in multiple statements.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Definitley.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know she mentioned the contract stuff, but when it initially went down she alluded to other factors, including things going on with the characters from the tv shows.

Really, I don't care who is to blame. But it truly is a cluster**** for all those who got into these characters. As I said on sw.com, most of us get almost all of the books at one time or another, so it really wouldn't matter to us when it came out. If we would buy one off's, we would buy a long delayed sequel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crying or Very sad

Evil or Very Mad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

We're allowed to only post smileys, with no text?! Mods! Seize her! Shocked Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Um, I've read RC and Imperial Commando. I like the first three RC books the best. After that....I don't know, I really wasn't invested in the characters as much. So, I'm a little sad that things won't be wrapped up (I hate loose ends), but I'm really not that upset. *leaps behind rock before she is slaughtered for this opinion*

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 am Reply with quote  

Mods attack smiley post

...meanwhile...

I didn't much care for the Imperial Commando book, but I did like the characters and seeing a conclusion to their storyline would be kind of nice. I'm rather surprised they don't want to do anymore books because I hadn't heard anything about bad sales for them. Maybe they don't want to do any more Mando books. If that's the case, it's a sad thing.

So, if that's the way things are, and they do try to wrap things up somewhere, I wonder where that would end up? Maybe a magazine article on 'The Fate of Skirate and his Clones'? I don't recall them having any books slated for the Rise of the Empire era. And them squeezing something into TFU II seems very doubtful. That means they would almost have to do a article. Would seem like an easy out for them.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree that IC wasn't great. I was more interested in what happened to the charachters, but the book itself was average.

At this point, I'd take any way of wrapping this up. A side arc in a novel, comic, short story at the end of a novel. Whatever it is, just give some closure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This REALLY blows. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Tying them into TFUII would be awesome. They could be a strike force, and Starkiller could join them! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Q: How would you have wrapped up Imperial Commando #2 if you hadn't pulled out of it?

A: I'm just an ordinary civilian like you in SW terms now, so what follows has no validity and it isn't spoilers. It's just stuff that was in my notebook. I'm posting it because almost everyone who mails me now about Star Wars wants to know how the final Commando book would have turned out. Well, it would have been artificially packed with thread resolutions. for a start, because the Commando series was based on the old canon and so originally designed to run a lot longer. So I would have had to tie up a lot of things prematurely in a final book - still in the old canon, but not quite where the book would have gone under normal circumstances.

Also, there's no guarantee that this would have been the shape of the final book. When I write, I think I know roughly where the characters are heading, but they often surprise me. I always follow where they lead, so they might well have gone off on another tangent. But, for what it's worth, these are the bullet points, in no particular order. I hope it gives you some closure. If you don't like the way it ended, then you have the comfort that it never happened anyway.

* Jusik has to rub Arla’s memory to enable her to cope with her trauma. Afterwards, she doesn’t remember being Arla Fett or what happened to her family, but she knows who she is – she just doesn’t feel the pain of memory. Jusik marries her.

* Skirata and Altis team up, and the Nulls help Altis fake his own death to escape. Scout is adopted by Gilamar and Uthan, but she remains a Jedi with Altis’s sect.

* Skirata and Ny marry, as do Gilamar and Uthan.

* Maze and Zey (unrubbed memory) go off and become the Starsky and Hutch of the galaxy with Altis, along with Kina Ha. (Also unrubbed – Skirata reaches some kind of peace with at least some Kaminoans.)

* Uthan perfects the treatment to stop the clones’ accelerated aging.

* Darman comes back, kidnaps Kad, and goes on the run.Niner deserts and joins the clan at Kyrimorut.

* The Death Watch find out that Gilamar killed Priest, and go hunting for Skirata’s clan.

* Rede turns out to be a loyal and not-all-that-naive trooper and Skirata is forced to kill him to save the others, an act that haunts him for the rest of his life.

* The clan is forced to flee off-planet in a ba’slan shev’la (strategic disappearance) to evade the Empire.

* Darman shows up again with Kad and joins them as they disappear.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
* Jusik has to rub Arla’s memory to enable her to cope with her trauma. Afterwards, she doesn’t remember being Arla Fett or what happened to her family, but she knows who she is – she just doesn’t feel the pain of memory. Jusik marries her.

Interesting - potential for a force sensitive Fett line. Judging by Jusik's appearance in LotF I have to wonder if they would have any kids.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 6 of 7