Should Tim Zahn still do a Skywalker family adventure novel?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Tim Zahn still do a Skywalker family adventure hardcover after Hand of Judgement?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Should Tim Zahn still do a Skywalker family adventure novel?
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I still hope that after Zahn's new novel Hand Of Judgement comes out July 19,2011 that Zahn will do a Skywalker family adventure hardcover novel with Luke,Mara and Ben pre-LOTF. Zahn said in an interview on LiveJournal a while back that if given the choice he still would like to a novel with Luke,Mara and Ben set just before Mara's death so he could write the Skywalker family properly.

I think it would be awesome if a Skywalker family novel by 'Zahn took place in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space or in one of the satellite galaxies outside the GFFA perhaps similar to Marvel Comics issue #38 where a young Luke and Leia travel outside the galaxy.

Maybe it could be a duology where the first is a Luke,Mara and Ben book set just before LOTF and the second is a Post-FOTJ hardcover where Luke and an adult Ben return to the UR to face a clone of Thrawn and a new galactic threat.

Maybe this will happen in 2012 or 2013.

Very Happy Exclamation Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 am Reply with quote  

I don't think I'd want this. First off, when it comes to Zahn and Star Wars, I've always liked Thrawn, so if I get to choose what his next book should be, I'd want something with Thrawn.

As for a Luke-Mara-Ben book, I don't think it's really needed. Luke and Ben seem to be okay now, and as cool as Mara was, I don't think I want to see a family adventure book. Personally I'd rather see a Ben and Mara book, as I think that would have much more positive aspects going for it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't mind this, but as has been said before, Ben and Luke are tense at this point and it might be awkward.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:42 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

If not a Skywalker family novel. I think Zahn should do a Post-FOTJ novel with the Big Three and Ben,Jaina and Allana set in the Unknown Regions with a new Chiss character or a new Chiss antagonist.

Exclamation Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote  

I'm all for a new Chiss character. I think it's a shame that the only real Chiss character we ever gotten was Thrawn and beyond that a few meaningless characters who happened to be Chiss. I mean Jag might have been raised by Chiss, but that doesn't make him a Chiss. So yeah, a new Chiss character would be cool.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Do You think Zahn should do a Post-FOTJ novel with the Big Three after Hand of Judgement instead?

Exclamation Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm surprised he's still making books, honestly. He's been here since the very beginning. Shocked

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm surprised he's still making books, honestly. He's been here since the very beginning. Shocked

Maybe after LotF he wants to retake control of HIS expanded universe...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Hey, I'm on board with Zahn taking over. He's never failed us. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Does anybody want Zahn to do a Post-FOTJ novel with the Big 3 and co. or to reboot the EU like do Episodes VII,VIII and IX in hardcover novel form? Or maybe do a second Outbound Flight novel set in the Legacy era with the Big 3 and co. on board en route to another major sprial galaxy with a much faster hyperdrive.

I'm all for that!

Very Happy Wink Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why not, if he wants to and editors want to give it to him. But I would like to see them finding out whether the older, post OF Formbi is a Thrawn clone or not?

I thought that Allegiance was an ok novel, but I don't really get the big idea behind it and HoJ, Allegiance was like a unambitious nostalgic trip to our heroes' past with few clone-like Stormtroopers in a desperate need of a character transplants added for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote  

You know they could really go off on their own and have Zahn do a novel with a Thrawn clone fighting off Cronal out in the Unknown Regions. Get the Prophets or Rhand involved, throw in a Chiss Fleet with Thrawn at the helm. And to really change things up...NO JEDI. Laughing

Nobody said you had to have lightsabers to have a war amongst the stars.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Good idea Darth Skuldren but I think It would be awesome if the Big 3 and co and the Millennium Falcon even Rogue Squadron got involved in such a battle.

I can't imagine a good Thrawn novel in the UR or such an awesome space battle without my favorite heroes:Luke,Han and Leia beause they are among the true icons/heroes of SW.

Millennium Falcon(Han and Leia with Luke at the gun well) and Rogue Squadron(Wedge Antilles) with Thrawn clone and his fleet vs. Cronal's Fleet in the Unknown Regions.

I smell 1# New York Times Bestseller!

Exclamation Very Happy Smile Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A Star Wars book about an Ewok's voyage to Ota Gunga would be a New York Times bestseller. Laughing

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Laughing Followed by a book about Kashyyyk written entirely in Wookie. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2