RPG Anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote  

Well I guess I'm the other member of the group that is more sympathetic to the Rebels, mainly because, with the destruction of the Death Star II, they seem like a viable new power on the rise and thus potential employers. That two fellow Corellians have both served with distinction for the Rebels also increases his sympathy to the Rebellion. I'll be posting my character soon, just not quite done finalizing all the details.

I like that idea of the convoy. Perhaps what can go wrong is that intel said it was a supply convoy headed to the front, which we were tasked to destroy and/or capture as many vessels as possible, but turns out to be a troop convoy traveling in force?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is the forum up already? If so, where?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Well I guess I'm the other member of the group that is more sympathetic to the Rebels, mainly because, with the destruction of the Death Star II, they seem like a viable new power on the rise and thus potential employers. That two fellow Corellians have both served with distinction for the Rebels also increases his sympathy to the Rebellion. I'll be posting my character soon, just not quite done finalizing all the details.

I like that idea of the convoy. Perhaps what can go wrong is that intel said it was a supply convoy headed to the front, which we were tasked to destroy and/or capture as many vessels as possible, but turns out to be a troop convoy traveling in force?

That's a great idea!

My idea was to make each of our characters the captain of a merc ship in this convoy. That organizes it a little more, so when each person takes they're turn telling the story the perspective switches to their ship.
________
Motorcycle Tires

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
OK, I say we join the Empire, though a few members of our group are really unhappy with that decision. We're tasked to attack some Rebellion convoy, a mission that goes totally wrong.

Why am I not surprised? Oh well, it still should be fun. But the fact that the mission goes wrong makes me feel a little better. I think Solaris Vorn's and Jedi_Christopher's idea's are good ones.

Would it be OK if my character was harder to get along with or maybe questions the empire a lot? Just asking. Oh, and when can we start posting the character bio's?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote  

Just a thought but should we post the type of ship our character flies (and name if applicable) and any noteworthy modifications made to it in addition to our basic character info? Seeing as it is a mercenary squadron not just foot soldiers it seems like it might be a good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote  

You can post bios as soon as you like. I've posted mine. Check out the RPG thread.

As for ship types and names I think that can be done once we start posting. Everyone can introduce their vessel and such. However it might be interesting if not everyone has a large vessel but maybe some people simply have a fighter or bomber. Some people could have larger ships with crews though. Just a thought. I would lean my character toward having just a heavily armed fighter with maybe a sentient co-pilot and an astromech droid.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'll start working on my character's bio. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think I'm just a little bit confused. So, were supposed to be working for the empire. What category are our characters supposed to fall into? Are we all just freelance pilots, or are we imperial officers?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think any of us are Imperials, just meconaries. Also, the captain idea is good, but I don't think everyone should have to be a captian. I think some people might fancy having a character who is not in control as much.

Here's a list of what we have so far:

1)Thrawn Era

2)Characters are mercenaries

3)They have been hired by the Empire to: still undecided

4)Characters can control large ships, or smaller ones. Ships will be explained when the RPG gets started.

5)Characters will disagree by siding with the Rebellion, the Empire, or neither. (For example, a character could be in it only for the money.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote  

Old Master Ben wrote:
I don't think any of us are Imperials, just meconaries. Also, the captain idea is good, but I don't think everyone should have to be a captian. I think some people might fancy having a character who is not in control as much.

Here's a list of what we have so far:

1)Thrawn Era

2)Characters are mercenaries

3)They have been hired by the Empire to: still undecided

4)Characters can control large ships, or smaller ones. Ships will be explained when the RPG gets started.

5)Characters will disagree by siding with the Rebellion, the Empire, or neither. (For example, a character could be in it only for the money.

I agree with allowing people to fly starfighters and not have to be a captain of a larger ship.

I also think we should limit the larger ships to nothing beyond the realm of something in the range of the Falcon in size/class so we don't have a group of mercenaries all being captains of Corellian Corvettes or some other similar ship. Should we also restrict ships to non-Rebel or Empire exclusive ships to avoid having a fleet of prototype ships (like the cloaking TIE fighter from Rebel Assault II)?

As for character type being a pilot is probably a given for this RPG but having skills beyond piloting are certainly an option (sniper for example). I think basically what we're getting at is a mercenary version of Wraith Squadron (if that helps at all).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think the Wraith Squadron comparrison is good.

As for the Captains idea, what if we had two gunships, a fighter squadron and then a carrier ship for them to dock in? My character could be the captain of the carrier ship.
________
Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote  

maybe we should just start posting what our ship ideas for our character in this thread to better organize things? It would probably be easier that way then sorting it out once the RPG is started.

I also like the idea of a carrier ship. It makes sense too since you would theoretically need a ship to at least store equipment in and/or for tactical coordination.

What I was thinking of for my character (a Corellian) was a modified YT-2000 (same class of ship as the Otana from X-Wing Alliance and comparable in capabilities to the Millennium Falcon).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Here's my ship. This could be a templete for everyone to create they're ship with. I actually based this ship off a ship Sony created for Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed.

Name: Crimson Mynock
Class: Incom X4 Gunship
Crew: Eight
Armament: two Laser canons, six laser canon turrets, two proton torpedo launchers
Other: The Crimson Mynock is one the few surviving X-4 Incom Gunships that the Rebellion flew against the Empire in the Galactic Civil War. After the creation of the New Republic, the X-4's were replaced by newer models and sold for scrap. Years laters, the Skar'la Commando Corps bought and re-furbished the Crimson Mynock before putting it under the command of Adenn Kad and his crew of commandoes.
________
LOCKED FUNDS INSURANCE FORUM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Name: The Star Wing
Class: Alpha-class Xg-1 Star Wing= http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha-class_Xg-1_Star_Wing
Crew: 1
Armament: Taim & Bak KX5 laser cannons
Borstel NK-3 ion cannons
SFS M-s-3 concussion missile launchers
8 concussion missiles each
Other: After loosing his original starfighter to the pirate attack, Keenen Ackbar "borrowed" the Alpha-class Xg-1 Star Wing in order to have a fast, effective way to hunt down his attackers. He continues to pilot the Star Wing, making little modifications to its original design.

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote  

Since we are part of a Merc Organization it makes since that we have sort of a private fleet, or at least task force. A carrier, two gunships, and a fighter squadron sounds good. I'll post my ship description soon, need to do some research first.

[Edit]
Name: Sando Eight
Class: Cygnus Missile Boat Starfighter
Crew: One
Armament: one laser cannon, two advanced concussion missile launchers, two projectile launchers, one jamming beam
Other: The Missile Boat Starfighter relied on warheads to take out enemy fighters and could carry up to 80 concussion missiles. Its dual ion engines gave it a speed comparable to an Alliance A-wing, however it was also equipped with a SubLight Acceleration Motor which allowed it to temporarily boost its engine speed by 200 percent. Its armor plating was similar to a TIE fighter but its shields were on par with Alliance B-wings. The ships biggest weakness was its sole laser cannon. Once its missiles were shot, the ship was very undergunned.

Razaar 'procured' his Missile Boat after working for the Imperials in the Outer Rim against Grand Admiral Zaarin. Since then it has proved itself to be a capable vehicle though costly to keep armed. Though difficult, Razaar has gone to great lengths to keep his vessel in good supply by maintaining a large stash of missiles. Consequently most of his pay goes to his missile fund.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 3 of 17