Comic Con - Clone Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comic Con - Clone Wars
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This pic caught my eye from Comic Con:

Looks like Phase II armor is coming to the Clone Wars. Curiously I wonder how long in the time frame of the Clone Wars Phase II armor was around before the end of the war?

Visually I love the Phase II armor, and I am really digging Nikto Jedi.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.starwars.com/fans/event_news/comic_con_2010_setup/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here's some more pictures:
http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/sdcc_cwfaces/index.html
Interestingly, if you scroll down to the bottom, there is another new clone in Phase I armour, so they must switch during the show. I'm excited by the Nikto guy (finally a new Jedi), Shaak Ti and the Phase II armour (it'll be neat to see Rex with his updates).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh yeah rex in phase II should be cool!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've just noticed now how much more menacing Phase II armour is from Phase I. Phase I looks kind of sad or tragic, but Phase II looks strikingly like a skull.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah definitely a 'meaner' look. I like it because its closer to the look of the storm trooper armor and less like the mando armor.

Star Wars Animated at Comic Con.........
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:33 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

<sniff> Why Oh Why did they have to change the rules for being a "professional?" WHHHAAAAAA!!!!
I want to see the really cool stuff!!!!!

I know that a lot of you in this room would love to go just once in your life to Comic Con and I do encourage you to, just once. But to me (who had been going for years) it's just too over blown right now that it's just not worth it to pay the price.

The show has lost it's "Comic-Con" roots. Case in point - Glee is going to be there. Has anyone told them that the name of the convention is COMIC-CON not Sing-A-Long?

(pulling out my old man rocking chair and slowly take a seat as a small - very small - violin starts to play in the background>

I remember a time when the convention didn't take-up the whole hall. I remember standing in the middle of the convention on a Sunday afternoon and having a conversation with someone and I didn't have to yell to be heard. It also happen at that time I had my first "comic geek" experience that can only be told using visuals. And I was able to park in the convention center parking lot underground beneath the convention center itself and not pay 25 bucks to do so.

(now standing with hands on hips as a John Philips Souse march begins to play in the background)

I want the Cimic -Con board to realize that the show still revolves around one thing - COMICS (and Star Wars). See, if it weren't for these two things - Comic Con would have whittled away and died years ago.

Just look at the images being shown from the Clone Wars and all the other Star Wars stuff laying about. Dark Horse making more comic books. video games, Hasbro making more action figures even though the majority of them are just rehashes of what's come before but hey, we have more toys and better fans then, then ....... Star Trek!

Heck - we even have our own convention - we don't need Comic Con anymore! Let the show get so full and over blown that it shuts down the 5 freeway going INTO San Diego on Saturday. It was done yeas ago - trust me - it made the LA radio traffic. Bring back the San Diego marathon that was run on the same weekend as the Con and let's make sure that the Padres play more home games right across the street to really make getting into downtown San Diego a memorable experience.

Am I bitter that I'm not going this year??? Hell yes!! Am I ranting about it just for the fun of it - you bet your <bleep> I am!

I needed somewhere to get out my aggravation about things (a lot of things) but I had a plan to be there - yes I did. I was going to spend three days and two night living the glorious geek-dome life that is Comic-Con. And yet, here I sit - a two and half hour drive away (the way I drive and no traffic - I'll make it in an hour and half) just looking at what I really will be doing this weekend. And what is that ask? Yard work, painting a bathroom and (dare I say - dare - dare <anyone who gets the said movie quote will get a "Laurel and Hardy handshake" from me Smile ) going to a cub scout planning meeting. EEEYYWWWWW

Now, where do you think I would rather be? You got it - watching the Booth Babes and Cos-Play girls that is Comic Con.

Your Curmudgeon Uncle Kal

( the above rant is not endorsed by anyone. It was only done to try to recreate Brother Blutarsky's rant from Animal House. I apologize whole heartily for the bad acting and writing for the above scene <sniff> it will never happen again - Good Night )

:-p

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh Kal.... Laughing

Quote:
(dare I say - dare - dare

Sounds like the Rooster from Loony Toons to me. Razz

Oh, and you should have used this -

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A new Season 3 preview:
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001056.html
I didn't quite get the overwhelming feeling of newness, because a lot of it looks familiar. They're sticking with the characters they already have which I think is fine. There's a lot more stories they can have with those characters. Cool space battle by the way. Cool

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

OMB.....
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Nope - not Foghorn Leghorn -BUT (HINT, HINT) the quote IS from a Warner Bros. movie and it was live action nit animated.

Keep guessing, I'll be putting hints in here. And - read the "line", there is actually "two" quotes in that sentence Smile Both from the same movie.

Your sneaky Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah - Blazing Saddles?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

OMB......
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

DING DING,DING, DING......

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Congrats - you are the happy recipient of the "Laurel and Hardy hand shake"!!!

Thank you playing - stay tuned for more "Guess the Movie Quotes" --- coming soon!!!

Your game show host - Uncle Kal!!!

P.S. - No one steal this idea - I'm painting today so I'm not ready to start a new thread with a new quote - so stay away or I'll set my "Boys" on you. Scorch is just looking for a fight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
A new Season 3 preview:
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001056.html
I didn't quite get the overwhelming feeling of newness, because a lot of it looks familiar. They're sticking with the characters they already have which I think is fine. There's a lot more stories they can have with those characters. Cool space battle by the way. Cool

Looks pretty cool. I lost track of the show halfway through season 2 and I'm miffed that there haven't bee reruns.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1