Uncle Kal's Guess the Movie Quote Game.......
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:05 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hello all and Welcome to the game show that is taking the EUCantina.net by storm - - -It's called Guess the Movie Quote Game.

I'm your host Kal Skirata and welcome to the show. Now you are wondering - Hey Kal - why are you hosting a game show here on the EUCantina? Shouldn't you and the boys be out fighting for clones rights?

Well, I'm glad you asked that question. See, my boys and I are now left hanging since a "certain book" will not be published to finish out our lives. So when this offer came calling and I have A LOT of mouths to feed, I jumped at the chance.

So now that that is out the way - let's play shall we?

The rules are simple - I will post a movie quote here in this thread and you are to try to guess what movie it came from. Simple - right? The first one to guess the correct movie will get a Laurel and Hardy handshake. If you are having problems guessing the quote; I will post either a hint OR another quote from the same movie.

Got it?

Good, here's your first movie quote and it is an easy one:

And the Quote is - - - - - - "That's the fact Jack."

If you know that answer - post it here and NO cheating. If you are caught using Facebook, Wikipedia ot even Wookiepedia - I'll be sending my boys after you

Evil or Very Mad

Good Luck!!

And that all for now so please - start your guessing and have fun!!

This is your Uncle Kal signing off - Good Night Folks!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
See, my boys and I are now left hanging since a "certain book" will not be published to finish out our lives. So when this offer came calling and I have A LOT of mouths to feed, I jumped at the chance.

We're paying you for this!? Shocked Hopefully not by the word. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

OMB.......
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Oooooo, I'm sorry but that is not a movie I'm familiar with Old Master Ben.

But to answer your question: Page 10 article 25, paragraph 7, sentence 10 it reads: "If Uncle Kal or any of his family where to take on hosting a game show here on the EUCantina website - then payment would be based on how funny this game show will be. - "sub-sentence" Everyone knows that Mando's have a hard being really funny (like Uncle Kal) since they are bounty hinters, not comedians and that means he/they will probably not be getting paid anytime soon.

Um....... wait .......... That has to be wrong .....let me look again .... oh here it is. Page 150, paragraph 7, sentence 3 it reads the following:

"Uncle Kal, we here at the EUCantina.net appreciate all you do for us and are willing to pay you handsomely <Hah> But since we are fan website for the fans and by the fans - well, we would like you to do the show pro-bono (meaning for free) and host it out of the goodness of your heart. Just try to be as entertaining and as funny as you can (Austin scribbles in "yeah right") and just have good time."

Um,,,,, Well now ........ um ........... I guess that settles it.....

And now back to the show ........ anymore guesses??????

The Quote one more time is - - - - - - "That's the fact - Jack."

A hint perhaps???????

We'll be back in 2 and 2.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, now that we cleared up your payment -

The movie is Stripes. Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Re: OMB.......
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kal_Skirata wrote:

The Quote one more time is - - - - - - "That's the fact - Jack."

I want to say Bill Murray, or Jack Nickelson's said this, I'm just not sure what movie though. Part of me says one of the Caddy shacks, or Ghostbusters, but then that military movie he did I think he did a cadence and tossed that in in a scene. Grrrrrrr it's going to bug me it's been way too long since I've seen those movies- I just watched "One flew over the KooKoo's nest (filmed in Oregon when my mom worked at the mental hospital even!) and was shocked how young Devito was, and Jack Nickelson was great, plus you have Christopher Lloyd, and more. So many good movie out there to re watch!

And that's the fact, Jack! Um er I mean Uncle Kal!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Ding Ding Ding.....
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm sorry illogicalRogue2 but you where one post away from getting the answer correct - you need to be little quicker on the button next time Sad

We have a winner!!!!

Congrats to Old Master Ben for now being 2 for 2 on the Guess the Movie Quote game show!!!

Can he be beat by anyone - who knows?

So let's get on to our next quote shall we???

The quote is "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

There is your quote - too easy - too hard, only time will tell.

This is Uncle Kal signing off until next time and please, anyone within the sound of this forum is welcome to play. The leader is Old Master Ben - who can unseat him???

Stay tuned to this Star Wars Channel. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

The Princess Bride, of course. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Arg, movies I haven't seen. Couldn't really guess them, I don't suppose. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

We have new winner!!!!!
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Congrats to Queen Padmè Skywalker - she has just unseated Old Master Ben!!!

Give the young lady a hand everyone <applause>

Now Mara Jade Skywalker it appears that you need to get caught up on your movies. But that's okay because there will be more, some easy and some hard - like this one and boy - it's a long quote. So now - guess what movie this quote came from:

"Hogan? Yeah, it's me. Listen... I gotta favor to ask ya. Will you quit cryin... I haven't even asked ya yet! What the <bleeps> the matter with you?"

Ohh - sorry for adding that BLEEP but you know there could be kids in the room and the last thing we want to have happen is the FCC hitting the EUCantina with a fine because we all know who will be paying for it? Me and I work for peanuts - well actually cashews Smile Wait - didn't I just establish that I don't get paid.

Go forth and give it a try - this one is a doozie. Talk to you all tomorrow night and as always - Thank You for playing!!

This is your Good Old Uncle Kal saying Goodnight! Smile

P.S. there is an extra movie quote that was not meant to be added to this post but happened to be there anyway. If you can find it, identify the movie and character who said it - you will get extra credit Smile

Sneaky Uncle Kal

Re: We have new winner!!!!!
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kal_Skirata wrote:

"Hogan? Yeah, it's me. Listen... I gotta favor to ask ya. Will you quit cryin... I haven't even asked ya yet! What the <bleeps> the matter with you?"

Good ol' Rickles in his prime! My dad Loved Kelly's Heroes. At first I thought it might be Hogans heroes. My uncles a huge Eastwood fan- even does weddings as him! And Sutherland! Oh how I loved his part in that movie! They should redo it!

Edit- is the second one Dumbo = I work for peanuts - well actually cashews? Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

We have another WINNER!!!!!!
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hello all and welcome to the game show that is sweeping the internet and taking names . . . . . IT'S

Uncle Kal's Guess the Movie Quote Game....... with me Uncle Kal
(applause)

Thank you, thank you and thank YOU to the nice red head in the front row with a lightdabver clipped to her belt. You doing anything later? I have a thing for red heads Wink

(snap - hissssss)

Hey now, I didn't know you where with her farm boy Sad

Sorry folks, back to the game........

illogicalRogue2, you are the winner of this round but ohh sorry - you did not get the extra added movie quote. It was not from Dumbo - in fact it was far from it but you gave it that college try.

Tonight's quote will be an extension to the "mystery" quote that was inadvertently added above.

It took some searching but here - - - is - - - - your - - - - - - quote

"Oh yes, the Doctor Gillespie killings."

Please tune back in tomorrow night for another rousing round of - - - - -

P.S. There will be a more variety of quotes from more recent movies in the coming days so please stay tuned, Hey - I'm a working man here - I have a family and a "sidekick" to take care of - if you know what I mean Wink

Good Night!!

Hummmm.....
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Welcome back to Uncle Kal's Movie Quote Game......

So far it looks like I have a stumper on my hands - - hummmm I have two options to give you all:

1) Give you the answer if you so desire

2) Let it play out until tomorrow night when I get home from my "real" job and post the answer then.

Any takers?

Hello - - - - - - hello?

hummmmm

(cricket sfx)

Well, I'll check back later to see how things are going. Trust me, I will have a newer quote next time - honest Smile

Your - trying to be a game show host but not succeeding - Uncle Kal Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry Kal, I have no idea without cheating, and you said you would send your boys after me if I did that. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
Sorry Kal, I have no idea without cheating, and you said you would send your boys after me if I did that. Razz

Yeah and I'm fond of walking and my legs in general!

-
-

Okay - -
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Welcome back to the show folks;

Okay - then here's what I'm going to do. This was a hard one, and not really fair on my part

(tomato thrown from audience just missing my head)

HEY - who threw that?? Common admit it! Oh, you did it? No wonder you missed, you couldn't throw a "booma" at a tank that was right in front of your nose. Sheese, no wonder Rex is hesitant about giving you "blaster" lessons.

Now that that Gungan has been dealt with here's the answer (and please DO NOT kill me for it)

The inadvertent quote was

".......this one is a doozie......." with the follow-up quote ".....Oh yes, the Doctor Gillespie killings....."

Both of those came from the movie . . . . . . Blazing Saddles.

The characters where (in order of quotes) Boris the Hangman and Hedy Lanarr (That's Hedley!!!)

Sorry for two Blazing Saddles quotes so close together Sad

New quoters tomorrow night - I've got a date with a really hot Twiilik and I don't want to keep her waiting Wink

Until tomorrow night and please try the veal - this is your Uncle Kal - Good Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 5