Anakin Solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
But seriously, LotF DID INDEED take away from all that NJO established. In fact, a lot of the second half of NJO took away from its first half by killing Anakin because many prophecies were left either half fulfilled or done half witted. Like anakin's vision of Tahiri. It was painful to speculate that the vision he had of her in dark armor turned into her being Jacen's apprentice. The sad thing is that all the growth Jacen went through was destroyed by Caedus and then as if that wasn't bad enough that whole storyline was wasted by limiting it to only a 9 book series. Sad face Sad

QFT. I'm in total agreement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
And the first thing I'd say to Lucas if I had the chance is, "An honor to meet you, sir. I love SW and am so grateful that you created it. One question, though. Did you even read any of the books before you ordered the death of Anakin Solo?"

GL didn't really order Anakin's death, he just said that DR couldn't use Anakin as a main hero, like DR wanted. The killing of major characters, including Anakin, was the idea of people working for DR.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rouge77 wrote:
And the first thing I'd say to Lucas if I had the chance is, "An honor to meet you, sir. I love SW and am so grateful that you created it. One question, though. Did you even read any of the books before you ordered the death of Anakin Solo?"

GL didn't really order Anakin's death, he just said that DR couldn't use Anakin as a main hero, like DR wanted. The killing of major characters, including Anakin, was the idea of people working for DR.

Yea, and as far as I know, Anakin wasn't the main hero. They all played a good part in the stories.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

All right, so Lucas didn't "order" Anakin's death, but he may as well have. The original intent was for Anakin to be the hero and Jacen to be killed. When Lucas vetoed that idea, Del Rey just swapped the characters. Anakin died, Jacen was the "hero". A status made irrelevant in LotF. Rolling Eyes

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All right, so Lucas didn't "order" Anakin's death, but he may as well have. The original intent was for Anakin to be the hero and Jacen to be killed. When Lucas vetoed that idea, Del Rey just swapped the characters. Anakin died, Jacen was the "hero". A status made irrelevant in LotF. Rolling Eyes

The sad thing is that if Anakin hadn't died it might've been him in the Sith position.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I like to think that even Del Rey wouldn't have been that stupid. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I like to think that even Del Rey wouldn't have been that stupid. Confused

Maybe not, but LotF exists. It wasn't a terrible series, just poorly planned, but it also hurt a lot of character building.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's my number one complaint about Del Rey: no long term planning. What was the point of building Jacen up as the hero of the NJO just to turn him and kill him in LotF? This confuses and angers me. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's my number one complaint about Del Rey: no long term planning. What was the point of building Jacen up as the hero of the NJO just to turn him and kill him in LotF? This confuses and angers me. Confused

Lol it's 'reality' which means that things don't stay awesome because they're built to be awesome. Ironically, we read escapist fantasy to experience a world where different rules apply.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

In original plans there was no intention of there being novels after NJO, so Jacen wouldn't have been a hero afterwards as there would have been nothing for him to be a hero in.

When they came up with DN and LotF Jacen was just a "wrong" hero for the PT age. If he would have been Luke and Mara's son he would be still alive and a hero, as he wasn't, he was killed so that Luke's son could take his place. Ben in the novels and and Cade in the comics are both Anakin Skywalker -copies. Jacen couldn't be, having the wrong last name, so they made him just a crazy Darth Vader -wannabe.

Last edited by Rouge77 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All of which just proves that Del Rey needs to plan these things. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just a sad reminder that he's dead and I stumbled across this also dead thread...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I feel a shlump coming on...Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus has had a rough couple of days and Caedus now feels like remembering hte fallen. We miss you Anakin, we really do Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Don't rest in peace, Anakin, rise up in anger... Not in the Dark Side kind of, but in righteous anger.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 8 of 9