Karen Traviss and K Miller CW Book Discussion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karen Traviss and K Miller CW Book Discussion
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Discussion for the recently announced Miller & Traviss Clone Wars series books.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It will be interesting to get some information on what's going to happen in them now that we know almost for sure when they'll be taking place.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I can't wait. I've read all of Karen Travis' Star Wars books, and I can't wait to see more of her work in the Star Wars universe.

I'm hopeing we get some more background story on clones. While Travis has done a great job portraying main characters in the LOTF, she really shined when she wrote the Republic Commando books.
________
NATIVE AMERICAN SPIRITUALITY FORUMS

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote  

In general the more Star Wars novels the better. And on top of that, the more Karen Traviss Star Wars novels, the better. Though we really don't know too much of anything about the upcoming book, so it's hard to speculate.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Could it have something to do with Vader and the first years of the Empire? I've been kicking around the idea in my head since I read the short stories at the end of Revelation. Perhaps a tie-in with Skirata looking for Boba Fett? Don't mind me, I'm a wild speculator. [/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

They're most likely tied to the upcoming Clone Wars show. It'll be interesting to see how Miller does with the SW universe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

jedipoodoo wrote:
Could it have something to do with Vader and the first years of the Empire? I've been kicking around the idea in my head since I read the short stories at the end of Revelation. Perhaps a tie-in with Skirata looking for Boba Fett? Don't mind me, I'm a wild speculator. [/spoiler]

I think Skirata's going to have his hands full looking after baby Venku, but I really hope we see him, Walon Vau, Mereel and Ordo in the books. If Karen's writing it, I'm sure we will.
________
Hotels In Mexico

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Miller and Traviss Clone Wars novels probably are all post-AoC, pre-RoTS. I guess we'll get at least cameos from the RC characters - and Boba. I just hope that he doesn't get much pagetime (if at all); because he has his own juvenile book series placed at the same time as these and appears in the Last of the Jedi books too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote  

What we seem to know is that it takes place during the Clone Wars. There are already books about the clone troopers, Fett, plenty on the Mandalorians, and a decent amount about the Republic. What I would like to see is a series from the Confederacy's viewpoint. Have the main characters be Gossam Commandos, freedom fighters standing up against a deteriorating government, or even droid rights activists wanting to instill a new revolution on an existing front. There are a whole lot of possibilities and I think the Confederacy's angle is an important one we've been missing out on and only hinted to. But I'd be just as game for a book about Grievous and Dooku. A real in depth look at the two that balances out within the novel as it compares master and apprentice in one of the oddest Sith relationships in Star Wars: a cyborg Sith apprentice, and one of the lost twenty turned Sith Lord.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Rouge77 wrote:
The Miller and Traviss Clone Wars novels probably are all post-AoC, pre-RoTS. I guess we'll get at least cameos from the RC characters - and Boba. I just hope that he doesn't get much pagetime (if at all); because he has his own juvenile book series placed at the same time as these and appears in the Last of the Jedi books too.

That brings up another good point. I can't see Travis, who seems rather obsessed (in a really good way) with working Mandalorians into anything she writes. I can't see how she wouldn't atleast try and get permission to do a Boba plot.
________
New relationship advice forum

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1