Post-Fate of the Jedi Literature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should post-FOTJ novels(If there will be any)be about?
1.Luke,Han and Leia's final adventures
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
2.A second Outbound Flight through the Unknown Regions and exploring the satellite galaxies
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
3.The vision of Allana Solo unifying the Galaxy
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
4.The adventures of an adult Ben Skywalker
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quote  

TRIPLE POST!

Laughing

That's pretty cool what Sue said. Kind of nice to know that the characters are truly safe for now.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sue's comment was just the usual Sue-speak. Beyond what she said, I bet she probably doesn't know anymore than the next person when the last adventure will happen.

Only the Flanneled One knows for sure. Very Happy

Oh wow I just noticed you're a mod here, Skuls. Guess I'm going to have to mind my manners now. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
TRIPLE POST!

Laughing

That's pretty cool what Sue said. Kind of nice to know that the characters are truly safe for now.

That irritated me. Now we know there's no danger for those characters.

Then again, just because there won't be a "Final Adventure" in the current contract, doesn't neccessarily mean they'll live that long. Neccessarily.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I think that there should be bridge novels post-FOTJ first(for more Big 3 adventures) and than do another 9-book Post-FOTJ series featuring the Big 3 and co. starting in 2014 & set 45-47 years after ANH at the beginning of the next contract and then once that series ends in 2016. Than Matt Stover could do the final adventure of the Big 3 as an epic hardcover in 2017(the 40th anniversary of Star Wars). That would be an appropriate date for the final adventure of our heroes Luke Skywalker,Han Solo and Princess Leia that began 40 years earlier.

Or perhaps the final adventure of the Big Three could be a hardcover trilogy and could still be written by Matt Stover with the first hardcover out in 2015,the second in 2016 and the final one in 2017(SW's 40th anniversary). They could be called Star Wars Episodes VII,VIII and IX.

But I was always hoping it would be 2013(the 30th anniversary of ROTJ).

Very Happy Cool Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I believe it was stated that DR/Lucasbooks is done with the nine-book series. Personally, I think they're rather a phail, although FOTJ is meshing better than LOTF ever did.

I'd rather see stand-alones or trilogies by the same author and that seems to be the new trend.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I agree, no more 9-books series. Besides eating up my cash, they tend to be a bit long-winded, and could probably be condensed into shorter series.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
I believe it was stated that DR/Lucasbooks is done with the nine-book series. Personally, I think they're rather a phail, although FOTJ is meshing better than LOTF ever did.

I'd rather see stand-alones or trilogies by the same author and that seems to be the new trend.

It has been confirmed.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Actually I do miss the standalone hardcovers and paperback trilogies of the Bantam SW novel days. I hope that there will be some Post-FOTJ hardcover standalones in 2012 and 2013 and maybe another 12 standalone post-FOTJ hardcovers and perhaps 2 or 3 paperback trilogies in that era as well(like it was in the Bantam days) with perhaps the last hardcover the final adventure of the Big Three by Matt Stover coming out either in 2016 or 2017.

Maybe after the final adventure of the Big 3 maybe we could have Ben Skywalker,Jaina and Allana Solo and the Jedi travelling to other galaxies and having new adventures there and discovering new allies and new enemies. Remember when I said that I think that the last Big 3 adventure should end with the Big 3 venturing to another galaxy in a second Outbound Flight. Well maybe the next generation could venture to the other galaxy to see what the Big 3 discovered on their jouney or maybe answer a distress call from Outbound Flight II and travel to the new galaxy and find the Big 3 are dead and gone and find there is a higher intergalactic evil and that it may have killed the Big 3 and Ben Skywalker and co. face the new intergalactic threat but also encouter an Intergalactic Republic or an intergalactic government who is battling the threat and we have a massive intergalactic war. This would still be SW but on a higher intergalactic scale with space battles in the Integalactic void and an adventure in a different galaxy in each new SW novel etc. Or could return to the GFFA here and there.

Very Happy Exclamation Crying or Very sad Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:47 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Sue Rostoni recently replied on the VIP boards on TOS that she isn't sure what lies beyond FOTJ just yet. But she confirmed that there putting some stuff together with standalones,duologies and trilogies. But she's still not sure if any of those stories will be post-FOTJ. It's always in motion. Here's hoping there will be some Post-FOTJ standalone hardcovers or duologies/trilogies in 2012 or 2013. I hope one of those standalones will be a Skywalker family adventure hardcover by Tim Zahn or a Post-FOTJ hardcover about Luke and Ben meeting a good Thrawn clone with a Chiss Fleet going up against Cronal and the Sorcerers of Rand in the Unknown Regions.

Crying or Very sad Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I was disaponted to hear no plans for post-FOTJ books at Celebration V but they did say that after FOTJ there will be shorter series after FOTJ like standalones,duologies and trilogies. So there's still hope. I think the earliest we can expect to see Post-FOTJ novels is 2013 or maybe as early as summer 2012. NJO ended in 2003 and the first Post-NJO trilogy Dark Nest didn't come out till 2005. Maybe if FOTJ ends in 2011 can we expect the first Post-FOTJ novel to come out early as May 2012 or summer 2012? As I said before I hope that at the end of FOTJ:Acaplypse due November 22,2011 there will be a teaser for the first Post-FOTJ hardcover. Perhaps a Ben Skywalker adventure hardcover by Tim Zahn set in the Unknown Regions where he meets a Thrawn clone who leads a Chiss Fleet against a threat in the UR like Cronal,Sorcerers of Rand or the Return of the Vaagari or even the Nagai or the Tofs?

Also Aaron Allston said at CV that Wedge Antilles is writing his memiors but don't count him out yet. Wedge will strap on his X-Wing Flight Suit again and fly again but it may not be in FOTJ. Will it be in a Post-FOTJ novel? Will it be the first Post-FOTJ novel? LOOKS LIKE IT! It would be awesome to see an older Wedge Antilles flying an X-Wing and leading Rogue Squadron or Wraith Squadron again in a space battle in the aftermath of FOTJ. Maybe Allston will write a Post-FOTJ hardcover or paperback with Wedge in a major role. Could it be that Wraith Squadron paperback coming in 2012? I would prefer a Post-FOTJ Hardcover by Allston with the Big Three and Wedge Antilles and Rogue Squadron or Wraith Squadron.

Maybe the Wraith Squadron book could be set during the Ackbar vs.Paelleon conflict in the New Republic era. And perhaps maybe Allston will also do a Post-FOTJ hardcover or paerback novel with Wedge Antilles coming out of retirement and ressurecting Wraith Squadron for a galactic threat in the aftermath of FOTJ.

Very Happy Exclamation Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:51 am Reply with quote  

Ron you should put that in the Wraith Squardon thread Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote  

Reepicheep wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
TRIPLE POST!

Laughing

That irritated me. Now we know there's no danger for those characters.

Then again, just because there won't be a "Final Adventure" in the current contract, doesn't neccessarily mean they'll live that long. Neccessarily.

That's a good point Reep. On one hand we can rest a little easier without having to worry if they are going to kill Han, Leia, or Luke and we can ignore all the guessing about that. Yet on the other hand it kills any possible tension in the books that might lead us to think they're in danger. That kind of tension can be very useful. I suppose there are ways to still hurt the characters, but knowing they can't die does limit the authors and books a bit.

And yes I just double posted. Sue me Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Presiding Judge: Mara Jade Skywalker

"Darth Skuldren, you are hereby being sued to the tune of 1 million credits (Republic or Imperial) by EUCantina.net for double posting. How do you plead?"

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll be your lawyer, Darth Skuldren. There will be a small fee of ninety-nine thousand credits so you'll save exactly one credit if we win. Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote  

I plead temporary insanity

*electrocutes courtroom*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 6