What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 140, 141, 142  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Well I finally got around to buying Republic Commando Hard Contact. So far it seems very interesting. Haven't gotten very far though so we'll see if it keeps my interest and motivates me to buy the other Republic Commando books that are out.

Shocked *gasp* You haven't read the Republic Commando books? Wink Laughing I guess you want to know what all the hoopla is about. Smile I hope you like Hard Contact, it was almost a breath of fresh air for me; reading a SW story from a non-jedi perspective.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've read the RC books in a strange order. The first one I read was True Colors, and while I enjoyed it, I couldn't comprehend all these diffrent character for the first part of the book. Then I read Hard Contact, which introduced us to Omega Squad and Etain. Now I'm about halfway through Triple Zero, which is alot more complex character wise than Hard Contact.

Overall, good series. So far the first is still the best.
________
LAMBORGHINI ALAR SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm just starting to reread Betrayal. I plan to go through the entire LOTF series again before I read the last one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just finished I, Jedi - loved it!!!

Now back to X-Wing series: Solo Command.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I just finish Hard Contact yesterday, I enjoyed it.

I am starting Jedi Search this week.

And I am also reading the Glove of Vader for the SW Action News book club.
By the way, are any of you guys here participaing on that Book Club?

Regards,
Reco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've participated in five books so far in the SWAN book club. Fun stuff.
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZERS

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quote  

Anyone checked out the Star Wars Omnibus Tales of the Jedi Volume 2 yet? I didn't realize it was out already or else I would have already picked it up. I know volume one was pretty good so I'll definitely get this one too.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I saw it for sale this past week at my comic store but since I already have all the individual TPBs, I haven't gotten these. However, like I've said before, this is a great deal and be sure to get these if this era or the KOTOR games are at all interesting to you.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I plan to start reading Revelation some time this week
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." Darth Malak from KOTOR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If you like Mandalorians, I think you will enjoy it, tk442 Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote  

Well I just finished rereading The Crystal Star, I think I might reread Dark Force Rising next or maybe the Hand of Thrawn duology. Been a while since I've read those.

By the way, it was kind of neat rereading The Crystal Star because some of the lines in the book unknowingly foreshadowed things things that actually happened later on in the series or are happening now in the LOTF. For one Han says a line about never leaving Chewie behind when the Falcon is about to take off (poor Chewie, if he only knew). And Han also takes a moment at one point to ponder his fear of his children falling to the dark side. It happened early on in the story and was rather poignant. Though it was not intended, it really fit well with Jacen's eventual fall. It was interesting to read about Han's fears and to know that they would actually come true and he would have to deal with them.

Plus I realized that Waru didn't die. He simply went back to his universe. I found this interesting because it means he could come back, even though it's unlikely.

Having read it again, I still don't think it was that bad of a book. Not great, but average and still worth reading. Oh well.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well I just finished rereading The Crystal Star, I think I might reread Dark Force Rising next or maybe the Hand of Thrawn duology. Been a while since I've read those.

By the way, it was kind of neat rereading The Crystal Star because some of the lines in the book unknowingly foreshadowed things things that actually happened later on in the series or are happening now in the LOTF. For one Han says a line about never leaving Chewie behind when the Falcon is about to take off (poor Chewie, if he only knew). And Han also takes a moment at one point to ponder his fear of his children falling to the dark side. It happened early on in the story and was rather poignant. Though it was not intended, it really fit well with Jacen's eventual fall. It was interesting to read about Han's fears and to know that they would actually come true and he would have to deal with them.

Plus I realized that Waru didn't die. He simply went back to his universe. I found this interesting because it means he could come back, even though it's unlikely.

Having read it again, I still don't think it was that bad of a book. Not great, but average and still worth reading. Oh well.

The Crystal Star isn't really that bad of a book, as books go, but just the entire Waru plot was sort of bizzare and not very Star Wars-ish. The sith try to come back yet again. Mostly it's just a bunch of re-hashed stuff, and I think that's why some fans don't like it.
________
Free joomla themes

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote  

Reading Tales of the Jedi Omnibus Volume 2 and loving it. I'm 3/4 of the way through right now. I highly recommend this to anyone who would like to know more about the old Sith and Jedi of legend. Even if you don't really get into the comics I think this type of collection is an exception. The omnibuses really capture the breadth and scope of a novel very well plus they add a pictoral dimension to the experience. That, and the stories involved are top notch. They provide a lot of insight and exploration of the dark and light side of the Force. Their flaws and strengths, along with some wonderful explorations of characters and how they deal with war between the light and the dark.

I think I'm going to tear into the X-wing omnibuses next...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished X-Wing solo command

decided to take a break and start vector prime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote  

Reading X-wing Omnibus Volume 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 142