Fate of the Jedi 9: Apocalypse by Troy Denning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Epics Jedi vs Sith vs Celestial brawl? Has to be something epic with a title like Apocalypse. It's likely the Sith Tribe will get wiped out and Abeloth will die for good, so some sort of epic fight with that result.

I doubt there are Celestials involved. But yes, I also expect that the Lost Sith will get killed off and Abeloth will die too, but otherwise I don't expect it to be an apocalypse beyond Kesh.

After Invincible, I expect that the saying "A mountain shook, a mouse was born" will describe Apocalypse. The Sith in FotJ are clearly just second rate fodder, so their end will not surprise anyone, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*glares at Rouge77* Is thatsupposed to be some kind of knock against mice? Well I can see who weighs worth by inches. Mad Wink

Interesting title. I don't really have any ideas unless they brought in a 3rd Death Star and blow up a planet, thus having an apocalypse. But they'd never do that... I hope.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I like the title, actually. The end of this series needs to be epic in a way that LotF failed to be.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I agree completely. If FotJ can blow me away with epicness (and the title is already promising), I may, at least partially, forgive LotF. Though not totally. I still cannot, and will never, forgive Mara's death. But aside from that...I may let the past lie.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:54 am Reply with quote  

Give the Sith a Suncrusher. That's apocalypse right there Twisted Evil

@Reep: you do realize owls eat mice, right? So are you rooting for the mice or the owls Laughing

Supposedly they are "ramping things up" in Conviction (Book 7), so that mean 8 and 9 will wrap things up. We know Abeloth isn't dead. We know the Big 3 are safe, we know the Jedi won't be wiped out because they're going strong just prior to the Legacy Era. The Sith tribe is probably a wash, however, I can't see them not trying to power them up a little before the series ends.

Plus there is still that politician subplot with the scheming Senators and Moffs, and the whole slavery subplot. And perhaps some more ties to Jacen.

I still think there's a good chance we'll see some Celestials, even if it's just a holoimage of them. They've been going around the whole issue of things the Celestial's built and vague ties to Abeloth, so I think the authors are just biding their time before they dig into that mountain of goodness.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

@Reep: you do realize owls eat mice, right? So are you rooting for the mice or the owls Laughing

Shocked Good. Point.

I like Guardians of Ga'Hoole, but they're no match for the High Mouse. Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I was right that the last FOTJ book should be called Apocolypse. I hope there will be an armageddon/apoclyptic space battle between the Jedi,Galactic Alliance vs.the Sith,Aboleth and maybe the Celestials. I wonder if the Celestials have their own warships and starfighters. That would be awesome.

I also hope that at the end of Apocolypse there will be a teaser for the first Post-FOTJ novel perhaps a Ben Skywalker novel post-FOTJ by Tim Zahn where Ben has an adventure in the Unknown Regions and meets a Thrawn clone and fight among Thrawn's Chiss Fleet aginst Cronal perhaps.

Very Happy Cool Wink Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

ronbond007 wrote:
I was right that the last FOTJ book should be called Apocolypse. I hope there will be an armageddon/apoclyptic space battle between the Jedi,Galactic Alliance vs.the Sith,Aboleth and maybe the Celestials. I wonder if the Celestials have their own warships and starfighters. That would be awesome.

I also hope that at the end of Apocolypse there will be a teaser for the first Post-FOTJ novel perhaps a Ben Skywalker novel post-FOTJ by Tim Zahn where Ben has an adventure in the Unknown Regions and meets a Thrawn clone and fight among Thrawn's Chiss Fleet aginst Cronal perhaps.

Very Happy Cool Wink Exclamation

Wow, I forgot you did call that at the start of this thread! Nice one! Did you foresee it in the Force?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:33 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yes! Sees all Ron does! Can't wait for November 22,2011! I hope Apocolypse will be an epic hardcover that is 500 pages long like The Unifying Force was to NJO. It would be cool also if Apocolypse came with a CD-ROM telling about the making of FOTJ a teaser for the next novel set after FOTJ like they did for The Unifying Force.

Smile Very Happy Cool Wink Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That's creepy, Ron. The Force is strong with you! Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And it should also come with a DVD, showing a movie adaption of Apocalypse! And that should come with another DVD showing how they made the movie adaption! And with that, ANOTHER DVD, showing how they were able to merge elemets of the book into the movie! And EVEN ANOTHER DVD, showing how they were able to make the behind-the-scenes footage! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

How very epic. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing Ah, Joe.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Some news, folks. This book won't be coming out until 2012. And other schedule changes here: http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9909

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 32