Post-Fate of the Jedi Literature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should post-FOTJ novels(If there will be any)be about?
1.Luke,Han and Leia's final adventures
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
2.A second Outbound Flight through the Unknown Regions and exploring the satellite galaxies
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
3.The vision of Allana Solo unifying the Galaxy
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
4.The adventures of an adult Ben Skywalker
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

No, plead that you were coerced into it by a Sith. Tahiri tried it. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*smooths singed fur* Well, I'm taking my buisness elsewhere.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I hope that the first post-FOTJ novel will be a standalone hardcover with the Big Three but with no galactic crisis but a minor crisis like an incident in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space or even the Corporate Sector or the Satellite Galaxies. It should be like Millennium Falcon was to LOTF and FOTJ.

How about Han Solo returning to the Corporate Sector post-FOTJ and reunite with characters from Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy like Bollux and Blue Max or Doc and Jessa?
James Luceno could do this hardcover.

Or Luke and Ben Skywalker have an adventure in the Unknown Regions and Luke confronts Cronal again and encouters the Sorcerers of Rand or meet a Thrawn clone and team up with Thrawn and his Chiss Fleet against Cronal or the Vaagari or any of the remaning terrors in the UR.
Tim Zahn could do this hardcover.

An older,wiser Wedge Antilles leads Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron against a threat in the Unknown Regions,Wild Space or the Satellite Galaxies perhaps face the Nagai and the Tofs again with the help of the Big 3,Jaina and Ben Skywalker.
Aaron Allston could do this hardback.

A rising conflict between the Galactic Alliance/Imperial Remnant and the Hapans.
Troy Denning could do this Hardcover.

And further in the future Luke,Han and Leia lead an Outbound Flight II to another nearby spiral galaxy as their last great adventure.
Matt Stover should definitely do this Hardcover.

Han Solo faces aging pirate Crimson Jack out in the Outer Rim or the Corporate Sector. Maybe this would be the same as the Corporate Sector novel by James Luceno.

Ben Skywalker goes off on a solo adventure in the Unknown Regions and reunites with Zonama Sekot and faces a threat in the UR with the help of a Chiss Fleet led by a Thrawn clone and an aging Hand Of Judgement or the Empire of the Hand ressurected. Tim Zahn should definitely do this Hardcover.

Luke,Han and Leia battle the remnants of the Corellian Confederation or some minor galactic threat like Eriadu,Sullust,Tion Hegomy or the Ryn Network or a Rogue Galactic Alliance admiral and his fleet. Troy Denning could do this hardcover.

Very Happy Exclamation Cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:25 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I sure do hope that in 2013 there will be the following SW novels coming out:

1.Tim Zahn will do a Skywalker family novel with Luke/Mara/Ben or will do a Skywalker family novel or a Post-FOTJ novel with an adult Ben Skywalker having an adventure in the Unknown Regions.

2.Any new hardcover novel with the Big Three or any Post-FOTJ hardcover standalone novel by Tim Zahn,Troy Denning or James Luceno.

I know that the books have been announced for all of 2011 and some for 2012. But I just want to hear news of more Big Three hardcovers or Post-FOTJ hardcovers coming either in 2012 or 2013.

Please Del Rey! Pretty Pleeeease!

Crying or Very sad Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

A Post-FOTJ novel or series I would like to read is the Galactic Alliance sends a fleet alond with a Jedi Delegation led by Ben Skywalker to investigate and confront a threat in the Unknown Regions and to find the Empire of the Hand ressurected. Later Ben finds out the reason the EOTH was reunited was because of the threat. A great war in the Unknown Regions occurs with the GA against not just one alien race but a whole new confederacy of systems in the UR. Many space battles occur in the UR. Luke,Han and Leia and Allana Solo have major roles in this novel/series as well as Jaina and Jag.

Timothy Zahn should definitely do this novel or series. This would make an awesome hardcover duology or trilogy.

Very Happy Cool Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't mind seeing the Empire of the Hand again. They just kind of disappeared, rather unrealistically...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post-Fate of the Jedi Novels
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I have a few perfect ideas for future antagonists for the Big 3 & co.,the GA & GFFA post-FOTJ.

How about an intergalactic empire that spans entire galaxies perhaps similar to the Shi'ar Empire of the Marvel Comics characters like the X-Men,Avengers,Fantastic Four,Silver Surfer etc. The Shi'ar Empire are a huge galactic empire that have expanded into other galaxies and not only have faster-than-light starships but stargate technology that allows instanteous travel between galaxies. It would be awesome if in a future Post-FOTJ hardcover novel or duology/trilogy the Big 3 in the Millennium
Falcon stumble upon a stargate or a black hole and are sucked into the Intergalactic Empire's home galaxy and are caught up in an intergalactic war but also form allies with an intergalactic rebellion or republic and face the new integalactic empire together.
Troy Denning or James Luceno could do such a series or maybe Paul Kemp's upcoming hardcover duology could be about this.

And of course an enemy that must appear is the remaning terrors of the Unknown Regions. What were the terrors that Thrawn faced in the UR? As I mentioned earlier perhaps not just one threat but a whole new confederacy of star systems in the UR against the Chiss & the Empire of the Hand with the help of Luke and Ben Skywalker and a Galactic Alliance Fleet. Timothy Zahn should do this as a hardcover novel or hardcover duology/trilogy.

And of course a new threat in the Corporate Sector that wants to conquer the galaxy perhaps Han and Leia and Jaina and Allana Solo in the Falcon and perhaps Luke and Ben could face this threat. This could be a hardcover duology/trilogy by James Luceno or Troy Denning.

Very Happy Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'd actually like to see Luke and or Leia search for their real mother and head to Naboo. We had a novel that has Luke begin his search but then he got some of the recordings of R2D2 from ROTS in one of the books. Once FOTJ ends, perhaps there will be some peace and they can look for information on her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote  

An old thread resurrected!

Leaving the old options aside, I'd like to see the new generation of Jedi Knights explored. I'd like to see their adventures. Not on an NJO scale where there's some galactic threat, but on a more personal, localized scale that would be fitting for the planned standalones and duology/trilogies.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I, too, would like that, but I'm not sure if that would be a very good thing. Which is odd, because that's what I'd really like to see. I think maybe if they did a Young Reader series like YJK set during the Legacy of the Force series, to introduce a small bunch of young Jedi (which isn't likely to happen, since Del Rey may not want to revisit that era) and see their actions during that event, and then have a proper novel set after FOTJ, with the pre-established characters, and bring over, slowly, the new characters.

But, if they were to make a novel with completely new characters, then I'd prefer that there were no main characters in them whatsoever. This is because I believe that new characters that are introduced in stories with no pre-established character becomes more popular with the audience, and will thus be more likely to recur.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I, too, would like that, but I'm not sure if that would be a very good thing. Which is odd, because that's what I'd really like to see. I think maybe if they did a Young Reader series like YJK set during the Legacy of the Force series, to introduce a small bunch of young Jedi (which isn't likely to happen, since Del Rey may not want to revisit that era) and see their actions during that event, and then have a proper novel set after FOTJ, with the pre-established characters, and bring over, slowly, the new characters.

Scholastic does the Young Adult novels not Del Rey so they would have no control over a LOTF, YA series. By and large Del Rey has ignored any of the characters the Jedi Apprentice/Jedi Quest series that Jude Watson added to the EU.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd like to see a duology or trilogy with the sort of scale and type of story of Hand of Thrawn, but I would think that an Imperial conspiracy story would be old hat by now and I'm not sure where else they could go with it. Perhaps have the Chiss as the villains.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I still would like to see some stories dealing with the other Grand Admirals. They were supposed to be the best of the best, but we've only seen one in action. Some X-wing books, or maybe even a Tie Fighter book, would be a great way to learn about others.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would like to see the time period either left alone for a bit, or focussed elsewhere on non-Big Three characters (like Jag). For example, I wouldn't mind a novel focussing on building The Fel Empire (with plots afoot!)

Otherwise, I would like Classic Era or Prequel Era novels focussing on random characters and not the Big Three. For example: Aaron Allston doing a Maarek Stele novel (your character in TIE Fighter) or an Ace Azzameen novel (your character in X-Wing Alliance).

I don't want to see Timothy Zahn for a while. I loved the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand Of Thrawn Duology, and even Allegiance and Outbound Flight, but not Survivor's Quest or Choices Of One. He does focus on his own characters too much, to the detriment of others. So let's leave him be for a bit (after his Han Solo book is done).

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Out of curiosity, rather than specific scenarios people would like to see unfold in the post-FOTJ literature, what types of stories would you like to see in Star Wars literature?

Light hearted escapism? Saga oriented stories, or stories that are supplemental to the films, e.g. Shadows of the Empire, Darth Plagueis, Labyrinth of Evil, Cloak of Deception, or even Allegiance and Choices of One? Stories that have significance within the metaphysics and cosmology of the SW universe, e.g. Dawn of the Jedi, the New Jedi Order, and the Mortis trilogy? Stories that are allegorical for real life issues? Or character studies that could be allegorical in that sense, like Vader and Azlyn Rae's prostheses?

Or something I haven't mentioned?

I'd like to see a follow up on Onadax Droid Technologies from "Or Die Trying." It could explore the ethics of that sort of situation, if a Jedi chose to adopt a human replica droid body. But then I'm being influenced by Deus Ex. But I have interest in all those types of stories.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 6