New Star Wars Clone Wars Trailer

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
New Star Wars Clone Wars Trailer
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The EUCantina.net has been given a look at the new Clone Wars trailer. This was, to our understanding, leaked from Poland. The trailer was not supposed to show up until May 9th. No official word on it yet.

Discuss here.

Video can be found at http://www.eucantina.net/archives/569

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I did check it out and I think it would be difficult to mimic some of this but I'm not into video like it so what do I know Smile However, if does look good to me and the subtitles make it clear it's to be shown in another country. We'll just have to wait and see what Lucasfilm has to say about it for sure (or wait until May 9 Very Happy)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The trailer looked surprisingly good... It certainly did increase my interest towards the movie and the series itself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote  

That looked pretty cool. Looks genuine too. It'll be nice to see the finished version though. This one does still seem a little rough.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

For everyone who missed it, there is a comment on the article that leads to the video, for now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

SPOILER WARNING: scroll down to read

Personally I was disappointed with the revealed plotline - Jabba's son has been kidnapped. Is this the best they could come up with? I thought that TPM had established that Tatooine was beyond Republic law (and therefore Republic governship), while the rest of the saga claims that Hutt's condone slavery. And now Yoda wants to rescue Jabba's son!!! Is Jabba the only character the scrip writers could think of for linking TCW with the film saga?

Um, Zee Zee
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I can tell you're new here to the forums and I'm glad you're here taking part. I'm not sure if you where aware that there is a spoiler button right below the Subject box and under the Message Body that would have made adding the spoiler easier for you and would have let someone who didn't want to know or hasn't seen the trailer find out what happens.

It's all good! And welcome to the forums Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote  

I actually haven't given too much thought to the whole Hutt plot. I'm sure it'll tie in some how, thus making it more important that it might overtly seem. Otherwise it would be lame for the Jedi to all the sudden be concerned with Jabba's kid when the Clone Wars are going on. I really haven't paid that much attention to what Jabba's role is in this or his importance for that matter.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

From the game Galactic Battlegrounds, we know that Jabba is involved in the Clone Wars. Because the character of Ventress isn't the there, it seems the overlying plot is but the character might changed (or help, perhaps?).

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

As for the trailer, I liked it a lot. If I see it when I check out Speed Racer, I won't be upset.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Even before Galactic Battlegrounds we knew that Jabba was involved. I remember some book mentioning that Vader, Jabba, and Fett helped hunt down Jedi but I've yet to find which book I read it in. Also, now that I think about it, is there a line in Episode VI that implies Jabba's involvement ?

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1