Ironside's Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Awesome talent! Man that's cool! I went to school with a guy who could do some great SW renderings, and to see talent in this field always makes me smile, we need more sick SW artists!

Have you played with any EU characters?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:03 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

@ Darth Sanith- Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked them.

@Illogical Rogue2- Thanks my good sir! And I actually had to think about that for a sec and realize, no not yet, but there's certainly plenty of potential there. Technically I am working on drawing two EU2 (sort of a take on an alternate universe idea which a certain EUCast host mentioned as a possible direction) characters- if you will- for the poster art for an Audio Drama I'm working on.

At some point I definitly want to draw Mara, but also perhaps a rendition or so of other EU characters who might be a little less default.

As mentioned to OMB and MJS, I've really been enjoying EU Cast, and love the edge you bring to it.

Finally an EU character-
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I got inspired and wanted to draw up a pic in one sitting- which usually means something gets missed or hurried, but I was still happy with it. My interpretation of Mara Jade Skywalker http://ironsiderodger.deviantart.com/#/d2yc6u8

Hope you all enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, you just sat down and drew that? Shocked

*crosses arms and sulks with envy*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Wow, you just sat down and drew that? Shocked

*crosses arms and sulks with envy*

lol! That was fast!

Yup, sat down around 10:45 tonight and just finished around 1:20, Inspiration + coffee is a beautiful thing. Glad you like it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Not even three hours, are you serious? It used to take me at least 4 hours to do a mediocre piece in my drawing class. *pouts*

Hey, that is amazing. Definitely one of the better renditions of Mara I've seen. As you said, it was drawn in one sitting, and when considering more professional drawings (and not school projects such as my own), I try to consider them in such a light. So for constructive crticism's sake, there are things that could get better, but I hate even saying that! First of all, who am I to say it? And second, you did it all in one sitting! And it's amazing!

I already added it to my collection of Mara pictures, and I think my sister will be ecstatic about using it in one of her future slideshows. It's an excellent drawing. Smile

ironsiderodger1 wrote:
Inspiration + coffee is a beautiful thing. Glad you like it!

My good sir, truer words have never been spoken. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Not even three hours, are you serious? It used to take me at least 4 hours to do a mediocre piece in my drawing class. *pouts*

Hey, that is amazing. Definitely one of the better renditions of Mara I've seen. As you said, it was drawn in one sitting, and when considering more professional drawings (and not school projects such as my own), I try to consider them in such a light. So for constructive crticism's sake, there are things that could get better, but I hate even saying that! First of all, who am I to say it? And second, you did it all in one sitting! And it's amazing!

I already added it to my collection of Mara pictures, and I think my sister will be ecstatic about using it in one of her future slideshows. It's an excellent drawing. Smile

ironsiderodger1 wrote:
Inspiration + coffee is a beautiful thing. Glad you like it!

My good sir, truer words have never been spoke. Wink

lol! Yes ma'am just shy of three hours, but that coffee helped- as did good music!

Hey now, no shame there (about your length of time), it was only after I sat down under a Police Composite artist that I took off (about 15 years ago), and it was reeeeeally sloooooow for a while.
I wanted to capture Mara for some time but it wasn't right, so its nice to know she comes through. Its great to have another eye looking at it and I really appreciate the comparisons with the pros! I must confess I love any criticism- even in a one-sitting drawing; actually I had to put the pens away because it was threatening to be a multi-sitting as I redid cheek bones, restyled the hair....

I'm so glad you liked it and it made your collection- and glad you agree on the coffee.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote  

I'm tempted to make a request. That Mara one is really good. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'm tempted to make a request. That Mara one is really good. Cool

Then by all means...

And thanks much! =-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I am also tempted to make a request. Ben Skywalker, please? Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I am also tempted to make a request. Ben Skywalker, please? Smile

Oooh! And the Queen makes a move first!! Hmmm... Ben skywalker... now that sounds like a fun challenge...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*cough* Boba Fett *cough*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

ironsiderodger1 wrote:
Oooh! And the Queen makes a move first!! Hmmm... Ben skywalker... now that sounds like a fun challenge...

I didn't get to be Queen be waiting around for someone else to strike first. Wink I asked for Ben because he's becoming such an important character and most of the official art of him has been....iffy. Not to mention that some authors can't even get his eye color right. Evil or Very Mad

@OMB: There's plenty of cool art of Fett. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
ironsiderodger1 wrote:

I didn't get to be Queen be waiting around for someone else to strike first. Wink I asked for Ben because he's becoming such an important character and most of the official art of him has been....iffy. Not to mention that some authors can't even get his eye color right. Evil or Very Mad

@OMB: There's plenty of cool art of Fett. Wink

I shall try to be worthy- although I also can't rule out a Fett piece because somewhere in my pile I actually have one started... (okay, I'm a coward I try to make everybody happy Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm also going to have to vote for a Ben piece. There's only one rendering of him that I even sort of consider official. I know it's just a comic, and it's a little rough, but it seems true to the character. None of the others do.

So yeah...make us proud. No pressure. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 2 of 3