Which Star Wars stars have you met?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@VileZero:

You met Billy Dee!? That's so cool!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I know, I missed that completely. I was so keen to tell my own little story that I blew past VZ meeting Billy Dee Williams. I want to hear that story. You can't just drop that name and not tell the story killer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

LOL!

Yeah, I met him at Celebration III. He was like the biggest star that was there doing autographs, and the lines were ridiculously long so I figured I wouldn't get a chance to get his. Lo and behold I go into the autograph hall one day, and NO ONE is in his line. So I run through the line maze and finally get there and HOLY CRAP it's really Billy Dee Williams!

So I am like... gushing like a fanboy but I can barely say anything. Finally, I blurt out (in a very tiny voice lol) if he could make the signature out to me. As soon as I ask it, the two buff security guys flanking him from behind lean forward and (rudely) inform me: "No personalizations." But as soon as they say that, Billy Dee just holds up a single hand, looks at me and asks, "You said Chris, right?"

Oh man, it was so cool. I probably gushed something about how I loved him in the movies and grew up with 'em blah blah blah, and when he finished, I instinctively reached out to shake his hand. Because that's usually how it goes with the autographs: they personalize it, you blab for a second and then get a handshake and move on. Well I put my hand out and the security guys again lean forward and start to tell me that Billy Dee doesn't do handshakes. But he just held up his hand again, and I got to shake the man's hand.

I got the pictures sittin' right here on my desk next to me. The whole "I'm gonna scan these in one of these days..." things that I have to do. I should get on that...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

GAWD! I'd love to see that. You know... I have never been to anything like that in all my years. I think 2011 needs to be the year the right Rev gets to a few of these functions. Anyone know where Amanda Tapping will be? Rolling Eyes I can Google it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, Billy Dee sounds like a really nice guy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

So. Jealous. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote  

@Rev: Amanda Tapping? There you go running off on a tangent sci-fi show again Laughing

Billy Dee sounds like a good guy. Sounds like it was awesome meeting him. Sadly I haven't met any famous people. Maybe someday I'll go to a convention. I'd like to go to some book signings but the authors never come to St. Louis.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I gotta add Billy Dee Williams to my list, just met the guy yesterday. super cool! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol my dad met Harrison Ford in a Carlos O Kelly's in Wichita. We live there and he stops in to get his plane serviced one or two times a year and always eats at that same place. My dad didn't even think to ask for an autograph till later and kicked himself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

You met Billy Dee Williams yesterday Zasso? Shocked

Tell me Commander.... how was your weekend? Don't spare any details.

(<---- I'm all ears)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

well, i knew he was going to be at a local convention about 20 minuetes from my house so it was something that i couldent pass up. he got there around 1:30 and i was there when he walked in, i gave him the salute that Han gives Lando before their mission on endor, and he gave a salute right back Very Happy

he sat down, and i got in line, i waited for about an hour in line and then it was my turn, i shook his hand and he was just AWESOME, i was worried that he wouldent be as cool as i thought he was, but once i got up there, i realized he was even cooler! i told him that i was a huge fan and i thought he was hilarious in Fanboys, then he went on to tell me about how he loved the script and told me what he liked about it

that is all Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a memorable time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I envy all of you! To have actually met Billy Dee Williams! The Billy Dee Williams! By the way, he sounds like a great guy. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Anthony Daniels - met him at Dragon*Con in 2001 the weekend before 9/11.

Carrie Fisher - met her at Celebration III.

Michonne Bourriague - met her at Celebration III.

Mary Franklin -- she used to be in my old AOL Star Wars Fan Club (late 80s-mid 90s) and finally got to meet her at Celebration VI.

Chris Trevas-- he used to be in my old AOL Star Wars Fan Club as well. I met up with Chris back in the early 1990s at a local (small) convention and he still lives in the area.

I have also met Steve Sansweet at a local, small convention -- it was in the mid 1990s some time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote  

I forgot about this thread. And what do you know, I've actually met some people now Cool

Unlike lucky Bianca, I haven't actually met Anthony Daniels or Carrie Fisher, but I did see them at CVI. Anthony Daniels was pretty cool as he would come out in the mornings and walk up down the lines of people waiting to get in each day. He's say hi to fans, take pictures, and stuff like that. I also saw Chris Trevas there but he was pretty busy so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

I did get to meet and talk with Dave Dorman though. He drew Tarfang for me on an art print. I also met Tsuneo Sanda and I got him to sign a poster of one of his art prints, which was really cool.

The best part of CVI for me, though, was getting to talk with Troy Denning, Aaron Allston, James Luceno, Troy Denning, John Jackson Miller, Drew Karpyshyn, Ryder Windham and Randy Stradley. Celebration is great way to meet a whole lot of authors and artists at one time. Actors, too.

At a small sci-fi/horror convention in St. Louis, I was able to meet Peter Mayhew and I got a picture with him as well. Him and his wife were very nice.

At a Kansas City convention I was able to meet Tom Kane (the voice of Yoda for TCW) who was also very nice. While there I also met Corey Dee Williams (Billy Dee Williams' son) and Stephen Constantino. They were both in Return of the Jedi. Corey did some stunt double shots for Lando and they both played as Jabba's guards. They had some neat stories about being on set.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 3