Untitled Star Wars Duology by Paul S. Kemp
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Untitled Star Wars Duology by Paul S. Kemp
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Paul S. Kemp may only have one published Star Wars book, but that must have been enough to get him on LucasBook's good side. With this new duology contract, he should be doing four Star Wars books, two being released next year. What would you like for this duology to be about? It is also one of the few duology contracts we've seen in a while.

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/8927

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Awesome! I really enjoyed Crosscurrent and am looking forward to Riptide. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something taking place after Fate of the Jedi, but I don't really mind what era it's in.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote  

Well Crosscurrent covered both The Old Republic and some time prior to Fate of the Jedi. Riptide will probably be all FOTJ time era. Deceived is going to be the TOR era. I'm not really sure where the new duology is most likely to fall. A post-FOTJ series seems quite possible.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm very excited about anything Kemp. He wrote such a refreshing Star Wars book with Crosscurrent. I was actually excited to be an EU fan again. I know that sounds terrible, but I find myself looking less and less forward to the novels. But Kemp definitely changed that. I can't wait for Riptide and Deceived to come out, that's for sure. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm pleased, but not overly excited. Crosscurrent was good, in my opinion, but nothing to get all riled up about. But that's just me. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I love this news! Kemp rocks. He's got a thing for the dark side, judging from Crosscurrent and what we know he has coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Darth Zannah duology.

Paul Kemp duology
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I hear that Kemp will do a SW Hardcover duology. This is great news but I hope this duology will take place post-FOTJ and will feature the Big Three(Luke,Han and Leia) and Ben Skywalker and Jaina and Allna Solo. I'd like to see Kemp's take on writing the Big 3 would be like, His previous books haven't had them at all. I hope this duology will and will be set Post-FOTJ.

Very Happy Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

VileZero wrote:
I love this news! Kemp rocks. He's got a thing for the dark side, judging from Crosscurrent and what we know he has coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Darth Zannah duology.

I would love that! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

YESSSSS!

That is all.

Really, I agree with what MJ Skywalker said. IMO, Crosscurrent explored and revitalized the EU for me. Whatever era he writes in, I hope Kemp continues to write more thought provoking literature. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I've heard a lot of people praising Crosscurrent. I tell you, it really didn't grab me like that. I actually got down to the last fifty pages, got distracted and didn't finish it for a month after that. I only finished it because I'd read that far and it was only fifty pages so I figured I'd plod through it.

The expression, "Drink his soup" seemed really silly to me and it kept coming up over and over again. I'd seen that in Legacy comics already once and it seemed fairly contrived there as well. Hmm...

I've been known to wear socks with sandals if nobody stops me so it's not like my taste is any great metric of what is hip but that was how it hit me. Cool

Re: Paul Kemp duology
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ronbond007 wrote:
I'd like to see Kemp's take on writing the Big 3 would be like, His previous books haven't had them at all.

Actually, Luke Skywalker has a small role in "Crosscurrent."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Still I hope Kemp's duology will feature the Big Three in major roles because I like SW novels with the Big 3 because I loved them in the original SW movie trilogy. And I'm crossing my fingers for this duology to be set post-FOTJ set in the aftermath of whatever Apoclyptic conflict awaits at the end of FOTJ with Luke and Ben and Han and Leia and Allana and Jaina Solo perhaps having new adventures in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space or the Corporate Sector facing minor galactic threats.

Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ronbond007, I've had some complaints that you continue to restate the exact same thoughts in all of your posts, which may be considered spam. I know you were banned on The Official Site, so please don't make me do that here. Kindly add new thoughts to the topic, instead of repeating the same thing in every thread. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote  

I'll jump on the bandwagon for Kemp to do a Zannah duology. That would be sweet. I really hope they continue on with Zannah regardless of what author because I really want to see someone tackle Darth Millennial.

However, just to stir things up, what about a duology to tie up the Commando books?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I couldn't agree more Skuls. I really want Zannah/Cognus/Millennial books as well. While I loved the Drew K trilogy I'd be just as happy if Kemp picked it up... or Golden or Allston or Denning for that matter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 3