Untitled Star Wars Duology by Paul S. Kemp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote  

I don't know. Can Allston and Denning write Sith? I have to seriously wonder about that. Denning did do a good job with Abeloth...I just can't escape the fact that the Sith Tribesmen aren't exactly the highest caliber Sith I've read, but they're definitely top of the barrel for lightsaber fodder Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Those names were just the first names of authors to pop into my muddled little mind when I was writing the post. My point was just that I'd like to see someone tackle the Rule of Two Sith from Bane to Vader and whomever they chose to write it would be fine with me as long as it was getting done.

Of course we all know that is rubbish too though, as being a SW EU fan entitles me to harp on any little thing no matter how small and make it out to be an abomination of nature. We all try not to but we all do sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I don't know. Can Allston and Denning write Sith? I have to seriously wonder about that. Denning did do a good job with Abeloth...I just can't escape the fact that the Sith Tribesmen aren't exactly the highest caliber Sith I've read, but they're definitely top of the barrel for lightsaber fodder Laughing

Yeah no kidding.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:57 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

i'm sorry I'm just looking forward to this new duology like everybody else. I was wondering if there was anyone besides me who wants this duology to be post-FOTJ and feature the Big 3.

Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 am Reply with quote  

I'd be really hesitant about Allston doing a Sith duology, however, I'd be okay with Denning taking a stab at it. Denning did a good enough job with Abeloth that I'm pretty sure he could do a good take on the real Sith. As far as Allston goes, I'm anxious for more Wraiths Cool

I think what really sold me on Kemp was the smuggler he wrote. I loved that character.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ronbond007 wrote:
i'm sorry I'm just looking forward to this new duology like everybody else. I was wondering if there was anyone besides me who wants this duology to be post-FOTJ and feature the Big 3.

Embarassed

I wouldn't at all mind it, but I'd rather see a Zannah duology. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:

I wouldn't at all mind it, but I'd rather see a Zannah duology. Wink

Really? Huh. I've always found Zannah to be a very uncompelling character.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:45 am Reply with quote  

I liked her. Having Cognus as her apprentice certainly makes her more intriguing as a duology character. The Sith Alchemy aspect to her was very cool.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yeah, I found Zannah really really interesting. She doesn't use the same techniques we are used to seeing all the time like the force lightning or hurling objects around. Not that she can't, she just has all these other exotic abilities. In Dynast of Evil, that final showdown with Bane was riveting. The black mist of Draino (as I call it) that dissolves anything it touches... Shocked ... that was awesome. Also something you've not seen in SW before or since.

Now Cognus has all these mind powers. Imagine if you will that she develops all those powers in the mold of a Professor X only evil. How she could enter her enemies minds and terrify them.

The Zannah/Cognus story is the one I want more than any other in the whole EU at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote  

So, with the news that Karpyshyn's next book is tackling Malgus, I think it's safe to say that Paul S. Kemp's "ambitious" duology will not be in the TOR era. We also know it won't be out this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

When you say 'not in the TOR era', do you mean around the events of the game, or in the Old Republic (5,000 BBY - 1,000 BBY) era?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'd really like to see a book on Malgus. One can only hope.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote  

By TOR era, I mean around the game. I'm pretty sure his duolgy will have nothing to do with Malgus since Drew is writing about him. Whether we'll see Kemp tasked with something down the line, that's possible. Maybe a fall/winter TOR book for next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Perusing through Random House's Smart Archive, I discovered this oddity when I searched for "The Old Republic."

gif image hosting

The IBSN isn't coming up anywhere I've searched. The Old Republic: Encyclopedia has a completely different IBSN. My logical conclusion is that this is Drew Karphyshyn's untitled TOR book or The Old Republic: Deliverance or a weird glitch.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm guessing it's just a glitch. And I'm not familiar with 'The Old Republic: Deliverance'. Details?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 3