S3 - Episode 8: Evil Plans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S3 - Episode 8: Evil Plans
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quote  

Season 3 - Episode 8: Evil Plans
Airs: November 5, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST
Replays: November 6, 2010 at 8:30 AM CST/9:30 AM EST
Summary: Look out Threepio! While on an important shopping trip on Coruscant, C-3PO is kidnapped by the sinister bounty hunter Cad Bane in a dastardly plot to free Ziro the Hutt. Can R2-D2 help his counterpart escape in time to warn the Jedi?
Featured Characters: C-3PO, Cad Bane, Jabba, R2-D2, TC-70
Featured Locations: Coruscant and Tatooine

I'll be pretty darn happy to see Cad Bane back Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, this is obviously a prequel to Hostage Crisis, but a sequel to last week's episode Assassin. Do I have that right? And I am looking forward to Cad Ban and some possible C3PO humor/R2 heroics.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

The timeline...it is confusing. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote  

I hadn't even considered this episode's spot in the timeline until now. Confused

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I like how the show jumps around the timeline. I'm not really a fan of R2 D2 episodes though. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 am Reply with quote  

I like it better when R2 and C-3P0 are together. They have a more interesting dynamic as a duo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote  

Well I missed in Friday but managed to catch it yesterday. It wasn't really a great episode and felt really...insignificant. I mean R2 and C-3PO both get tortured and no one even finds out. They just deliver the fruit and everything is hunky dory. It was also a little weird that R2 bailed on 3P0 to go into the droid pleasure house. But then again, R2 did push 3PO off a ledge in Attack of the Clones, so R2 always has had a certain rash streak. And as much as I like seeing Bane, his part was pretty small.

At least the preview for the next episode looked awesome.

Guess I should also mention the Hutt Council which appeared via hologram. They were a little odd looking, but I like the idea of the artists giving a little bit of shape to the Hutt's heads in order to define them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Agreed on everything.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Quote:
It wasn't really a great episode and felt really...insignificant.

I know, right? It wasn't horrible. It was kind of cute actually but hardly epic. I guess the DVD needs a few pauses from the constant life and death struggles of the war to lighten the mood a skosh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quote  

You know it might be good like that, a little break in between episodes, it's just doesn't work as well when the break is seven days instead of immediately watching the next one. And as far as that goes, the next episode looks to be fast paced.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Revmacd wrote:
Quote:
It wasn't really a great episode and felt really...insignificant.

I know, right? It wasn't horrible. It was kind of cute actually but hardly epic. I guess the DVD needs a few pauses from the constant life and death struggles of the war to lighten the mood a skosh.

Things don't need to be epic to be good and things that aren't epic shouldn't need to be 'fillers'. They can have shows that aren't life or death without being snoozers. They could have a psychologocal character episode, really get into a characters head and see what makes them tick. Maybe try a philisophical approach. What is the real difference between the Dark Side and the Light Side? Do the ends justify the means? Is it ever right to take an innocent life? I know stuff like this is in episodes from time to time, but if you want a break from action maybe you could make one of those ideas central to the episode.

I like it when Star Wars gets epic, as any Star Wars fan does, but a break from epic-ness shouldn't mean R2 in a droid spa and party planning. Why not go deeper than you can normally go because of all those blasting canons?

Just a thought.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:41 am Reply with quote  

Point well made Reep. I was just trying to avoid saying the episode sucked. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Didn't see this one. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Point well made Reep. I was just trying to avoid saying the episode sucked. Laughing

I'll say it then, "The episode sucked!" Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1