Another Trilogy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should There Be Another Star Wars Trilogy?
No way!
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Of course!
52%
 52%  [ 26 ]
I don't care either way....
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What's so bad about aliens? I mean, some guy can melt because he didn't drink the right holy grail, but extraterrestrial life can't exist?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote  

We have a thread for this all, please take this to the Indiana Jones Thread Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
We have a thread for this all, please take this to the Indiana Jones Thread Cool

Moderation on the EUCantina Forums! Look what you all made Skuldren do! This hardly ever happens. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Well! Moderators thinking they can moderate. The nerve. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I posted my comment on the fact that Indy 4 had no "Aliens" in the Indy thread.

Cry semantics all ya want, I'm just repeating what GL's said on the Alien subject Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

As for new trilogy:

What's better or worse here:

A new trilogy that brings new blood to the Saga at the expense of MANY fans calling it quits after RotJ on is deleted from happening?

I mean what's better to have- the new numbers or maintaining the current numbers (cause you know those numbers will get more people interested in SW over time anyway)

To me it seems folly to isolate a core group of fans just to create a new market for fans who are complete newbies. Even if it will make money- find a way to tell a story and make money without making whole book series obsolete.

I guess that's why I'd rather no Trilogies happen. I'd only want one by someone willing to work with EXISTING EU. All others I will vote no- George is already playing SW, he's busy enough showing us his vision as is.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote  

Well if they ever do another trilogy, I REALLY like the idea of them jumping ahead a 1000 years past Return of the Jedi. That would allow them to do all fresh stuff that wouldn't hurt anyone. It would be pretty awesome. I think George could really pull off something spectacular is he went ahead with something like that.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well if they ever do another trilogy, I REALLY like the idea of them jumping ahead a 1000 years past Return of the Jedi. That would allow them to do all fresh stuff that wouldn't hurt anyone. It would be pretty awesome. I think George could really pull off something spectacular is he went ahead with something like that.

Yes, THIS and only this would I get behind.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I'd only want one by someone willing to work with EXISTING EU.

I wouldn't expect new Star Wars movies to slot right into EU continuity and I think the best approach is just to ignore the EU. Don't change it, just ignore it. EU fans will still get upset, but they don't have any right to and then GL will also be happy. Problem solved. This is, for the most part, what is going on with The Clone Wars.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I'd only want one by someone willing to work with EXISTING EU.

I wouldn't expect new Star Wars movies to slot right into EU continuity and I think the best approach is just to ignore the EU. Don't change it, just ignore it. EU fans will still get upset, but they don't have any right to and then GL will also be happy. Problem solved. This is, for the most part, what is going on with The Clone Wars.

I wish that was all that was going on with TCWs but it isn't the changes in turn change the EU.

I'm with you - if they would let these GL shows be and not let it change EU have it separate that would be best- but that is not at all the current case.

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Only if Lucas writes the story, and hands everything else to a better director.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

If there was the chance of a new trilogy coming out, now bare with me coz this is outta the box.

Make it 50 yrs after ESB and animated. Have the guys who are doing the trailer clips for KotOR ( Relic i think ). Each movie will be standard 80 - 95min.
Have GL supervise script but not primary writer. Some one who is at least familiar with the SW galaxy. As crazy as it might sound Asian movies are very good with character driven plots, so someone like that would be cool. Just throwing it out there. PLUS ACTION.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I want to see it start with Dark Empire and have Blur do it. Their CGI is sick. Then do TTT. Movie it all up closer to ROTJ in the timeline.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:34 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Dark_Sol wrote:
Make it 50 yrs after ESB and animate.

Idk about it being animated. Im not really a fan. I would prefer real people. i suppose it would be easier to make the movie though if it were animated though.

Dark_Sol wrote:
Have GL supervise script but not primary writer. Some one who is at least familiar with the SW galaxy

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It occurs to me that even though there is so much post-ROTJ EU, there isn't really a lot that happens.

The year 10 ABY is JUST the events of Dark Empire. The year 11 ABY is JUST the events of Jedi Academy Trilogy, I Jedi ,and Crimson Empire. 18 ABY is JUST the Corellian Trilogy. Another film trilogy could easily take place in these eras, and with only minimal caretaking required to ensure that the EU isn't overwritten. Like, either mention Jacen/Jaina/Anakin, or leave them out completely and retcon them to being elsewhere. Make sure you refer to New Republic or Galactic Alliance and not some new entity. Make sure you don't blow up any known planets (new planets are fair game) and don't kill off any established characters (new characters are also fair game). And don't introduce anything so insane that it's stupid we've never heard of it before (like, don't have Han Solo be forced to blow up a planet, because you'd like someone would've mentioned in during the NJO or LOTF or FOTJ, y'know?)

I don't really want to see a new film trilogy, but if they did, it should be possible (is my point).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 10 of 12