S3 - Episode 2: ARC Troopers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S3 - Episode 2: ARC Troopers
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:58 am Reply with quote  

Season 3 - Episode 2: ARC Troopers
Airs: September 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST.
Replays: ...
Summary: The Separatists launch a major attack on the Republic cloning facilities on Kamino.
Featured Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Asajj Ventress, General Grievous, Fives, Echo, 99, Shaak Ti
Featured Locations: Kamino

"Anakin and Obi-Wan race to Kamino to fend off a massive Separatist attack on the planet's clone production facilities. With Ventress and Grievous leading an army of droids, Rex and Cody are joined on the frontline by Fives and Echo in a desperate defense of their home planet."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Re: S3 - Episode 2: ARC Troopers
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I hope this "Old timer clone" doesn't ruin the Null story line......

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I see they're kicking off with clone oriented episodes. Interesting.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Asajj Ventress, Grievous, massive Seppie invasion, clones of all colours expensive water rendering...

I hop it holds up under all this pressure...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:52 am Reply with quote  

Lucky for me, I haven't watched any of the season 3 previews so I've got minimal spoilers and pressure Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, I've seen most of them. Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

So I thought this one was very good.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I'm gonna have to give this one a 7.5/10: great character building, hardly any stiff dialogue, but extremely faulty logic on the CIS's part brings down the score.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:21 am Reply with quote  

I also felt this one was much better than Clone Cadets, but it was also very reliant on Clone Cadets as well. Together, the two episodes become more than what they would be apart. Clone 99's story played out well, the visuals were great, the space battles just keep getting more and more awesome visually, and the action/story/pacing of this episode had a very nice balance.

As for the plot, I really didn't give it too much thought. I guess going after Fett's DNA was a little lame, but then again, the CIS was also going to destroy the cloning facilities on Kamino, so regardless of Fett's DNA, the loss of the cloning facilities would have been sufficient to hurt the Republic's war effort.

Now I rather liked Ventress' fight scenes because it's been a little while since we've seen her in action, and I especially enjoyed her little dialog with Grievous. Grievous on the other hand was a little lame. The more I see of him, the less I like him and the less his character makes since. We keep seeing him run away and being the stereotypical cowardly badguy whose all talk. I'd like to either see some sort of proof of why he's so deadly to Jedi, or I'd like to see him pull off some really sneaky, strategically brilliant military victory.

On another note, I thought the squid ships worked out really well. They looked cool in action. I thought they might be lame when they showed them in the water, but when they were drilling into the buildings and lashing with their tentacles it was pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow. This episode handled the amount of action really, much better than Landing At Point Rain. I loved hearing the dialouge between Grievous and Ventress and how Grievous got inventive duringthe fight. However, like Skuldren said, it would be nice to see Grievous actually kill some Jedi (horrible as that may sound Confused ) than keep fighting Kenobi to no avail.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

This gave me mixed feelings. On the one hand, I liked how they did the invasion, it's quite inventive (as far as I'm aware of, having not read a lot of the CW era books) and the beginning of the story with the clones, when the two met 99 and filled him in on the story. It was a good idea to have the viewer learn the fate of the other clone at the same time as 99. On the other, I didn't like the duels, have never liked the duels. They just look too jumpy and unreal to me. Bring back the flowing combat I remember from the movies, I say! And the end felt a little too 'Disney' for my taste. Of course, it's hard to know what happened because I was babysitting a screaming baby at the time, but still.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah the duels in TCW have never satisfied me either. Confused

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I feel your pain, Reepicheep, and both empathise and sympathise.

Do you want to drown our sorrows together over a mug of Greedo? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't really get what you just said, but why not? Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

To explain the Greedo drink, I use Wookieepedia's article on Wuher, the bartender of the Mos Eisley Cantina:

"On the fateful day that Luke Skywalker met Han Solo a 0 BBY, he had served Luke a glass of water. The fight between Doctor Cornelius Evazan, Ponda Baba, Luke Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi happened in front of his eyes. He also served the bounty hunter Greedo, and eventually witnessed Han Solo killing Greedo on that very same day. Before these events, Wuher had been working below the cantina on Jabba's perfect drink. Wuher knew he had almost perfected the beverage, but it was slightly lacking. Relying on his exceptional sense of smell, he realized the pheromones Greedo exuded were the final flavor the drink required. Employing his newly found droid C2-R4, he obtained Greedo's corpse and had C2-R4 brew Greedo into the liqueur. Upon tasting, Wuher believed he had finally created Jabba's perfect drink and at the same time, discovered a new-found sense of appreciation for droids."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2