S3 - Episode 10: Heroes on Both Sides

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S3 - Episode 10: Heroes on Both Sides
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quote  

Season 3 - Episode 10: Heroes on Both Sides
Airs: November 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM CST/9:00 PM EST
Replays: November 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM CST/9:30 AM EST
Summary: Padmé Amidala and Ahsoka Tano travel to Raxus in an attempt to forge a peace agreement with the Separatists. As Padmé enlists the help of a former mentor, Mina Bonteri, Ahsoka learns some valuable lessons about the realities of war.
Official Synopsis: When the Senate begins debate on a bill that would eliminate government oversight of the Banking Clan's activities, Padmé and Ahsoka travel in secret to the capital of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, in an attempt to forge a peace agreement with the Separatists.
Featured Characters: Padme, Ahsoka, Mina Bonteri, Lux Bonteri, Senator Lott Dod, Senator Gume Saam, Nix Card, General Grievous, Chancellor Palpatine
Featured Locations: Coruscant and Raxus

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think the comment I left for episode II also applies here. See, this was an episode we had heard about, because Filoni has said they will get into that piece from the opening scroll of ROTS. But doing it through politics and peace agreements isn't what I had in mind.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote  

I'd like to know more about Mina Bonteri. Male/female? Human/Alien? Maybe we'll get to see some battle scenes as well as the politics.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been hoping that they would have a sympathetic Seppie. This could be it.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote  

You would think that if they're going to do a "heroes on both sides" sort of episode they'd mention who the Separatist hero might be. Wonder if they'll go the politician/leader route or maybe use a low level soldier, be it a pilot or officer of some sort.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Who was that Sep admiral who was so brilliant he fell for the 'wait-until-the-cloak-is-down-to-ram-him-with-his-own-missile' trick? I think someone along those lines.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote  

Starwars.com updated their episode guide with a few more details. Looks like a pretty expansive character list. Not sure who Nix is, but Gume Saam is an Ishi Tib Senator...

...according to Wookieepedia he opposed Palpatine's growing power.

Also, the synopsis mentioned Padme and Ahsoka will be traveling to the Confederacy's capital, and the only other location mentioned other than Coruscant is Raxus. Thus far, this is entirely new I believe. And I'm pretty sure when they say Raxus they don't mean Raxus Prime, the junk world.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

this was actually a pretty good episode, im starting to like Ahsoka now but i'm curious if they kill her off or if she dies in the 3rd movie.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

DarthSanith wrote:
this was actually a pretty good episode, im starting to like Ahsoka now but i'm curious if they kill her off or if she dies in the 3rd movie.

*snickers* Ahsoka sure matured quickly. Perhaps it's a Togruta trait.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finally, a good episode! The first two in this season were good, but it really de-railed after that. There was lots of boring politics and it all felt very insubstantial. There were a lot of cool things in this one however. Anakin's and Ahsoka's new outfits were cool (Ahsoka looked ridiculous with her hood up though Confused ), the politics were actually interesting, there was some nice thematic exploration with the Seppies, Palpz and his cronies manipulating the war and the sabatoge droids were really cool... they brought me back to the days of Bionicle. Well done.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 am Reply with quote  

Pretty good episode I thought. They managed to open up to the other side, and make the Seps feel more human and meaningful. Dooku is also about as evil as ever now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

yea i actually liked it too, it was pretty good Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Has enough time passed that I can write my thoughts outside of the spoiler thing? I think I will, though, just in case.

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1