Another Trilogy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should There Be Another Star Wars Trilogy?
No way!
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Of course!
52%
 52%  [ 26 ]
I don't care either way....
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 50

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I would say yes, but since I already know the answer, I have to with no. Seeing the TV series will be fun though. I don't think another movie is really needed.

DJ and Mizzee- Stay on target

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote  

I think it would be more interesting to do TV series myself. With a TV series you can go really in depth with multiple episodes allowing you to have a bigger story line because you're not limited to 2-3 hours of screen time.

For example if Revenger of the Sith was a TV series you could theoretically have had the battle of Courscant last 2-3 hours on its own covering all aspects of the battle instead of having to rush through it like they were forced to in the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe that's exactly what we'll see in the live action television series or even in the Clone Wars.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote  

That's what I'm hoping for

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote  

Choosing when the next trilogy should take place is a very difficult and tricky matter. Thrawn would make a cool trilogy. But so would the Vong. Even a Legacy series would be cool. But both the Vong and Legacy would require lot of background explanation, whereas Thrawn wouldn't. Yet Bane would make a good trilogy set, assuming a third novel is made. It would have a very unique spin that distances itself from the usual Star Wars formula. A bad guy takes center stage, the Sith become the focal of the story line, and things are very dark and gritty.

Alas, we may never get another movie trilogy. But there is much to be accomplished by the Live Action Series in the works...let us keep are fingers crossed.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quote  

Don't forget that there's also the KOTOR era that could be made into a Trilogy. For example, they could cover the specifics of what Revan, Carth, the Exile etc. all did during the Mandalorian War.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There should be new trilogy, but one where GL would not be in the driver's seat. I'm afraid he would smash my precious EU to bits if he would write and perhaps direct too a new trilogy either pre-PT or post-OT. So, I would like to see either a trilogy placed in the OT of pre-Bane days (KOTOR, perhaps) or post-Legacy, and this trilogy should respect the existing EU. So, the writer of the scripts should be a slave to canon, so to say.Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I honestly think that, if done with the greatest of care, that the NJO series could be done as like an HBO special series or something. It would be fantastic if they had a decent director, and since its been about that amount of time since the OT it would allow the original movie actors to resume their roles if they chose to do so. It could also be a very visually tantilizing series. I would vote for that because then the LOTF series could be done. There are possibilities with the newer works because they appeal to a bigger audience, but as to a new trilogy Lucas already spoke on that. He read the Dark Empire comics and said that he had been thinking about a new trilogy and that they pretty much hit it on the nose with that. He was happy with that and said it was almost exactly what he had in mind, so he wouldn't do a sequal trilogy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The one trilogy that I think should be created is the Thrawn Trilogy. It is already a good story and has already re-vitalized one area of Star Wars (literature). Why can't it do the same for movies? And if I had to pick a director, I would probably pick Kershner as well.

The problem with doing and NJO movie/tv show is that it would require a major re-imagination of the series. The fact is that the NJO series did not have a consistent cast of characters which is what a good movie or tv show needs. So if it is made, the creator will need to essentially reinvent the series. Which will anger fans of course. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The diverse characters is what makes it great! And many of the characters come in and out of the series and I know I've seen shows such as this but some of the names elude me. If I think of any, I'll be sure to mention them.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know, I really wouldn't want to see a sixty-somthing year old Harrison Ford playing a Han Solo in a movie set 5 years after ROTJ. Just wouldn't work, and the same goes for all of the original cast.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I heard somewhere that The Clone Wars will be a trilogy. Anyone know if this is true?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've heard that there may be more Clone Wars movies but not in the traditional trilogy sense. For example, they may start each new season of the TV show with a feature movie.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Huh, that's an interesting way to do it. I kinda like that idea though.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So, like, 4 or 5 movies? Awesome!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 2 of 12