EUC Weekly Opinion Columns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
No new column this week?

Nope. Check the site out on Monday, though!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

New column! I break down the new TCW trailer with Chris! http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9565

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I enjoyed this week's column. I don't watch TCW but I thought it was interesting to see your views on it.. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This was a neat column. And, man, you guys are quick! Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Chris and I had an emergency session to get this one out. They normally take the weekend to write, but we wanted immediate reaction. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Plus, I've been without a computer for like a month. It was a trying time for me, but the columns will be back to regular schedule this Monday!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So the latest column, on The Old Republic, didn't seem to get a lot of love from you guys. Tough crowd, tough crowd!

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9701

Hope tomorrow's is more to your liking!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ah, but I assure you it got a lot of love from me! I'm merely searching for something more than 'woot! Go Old Republic! Old Republic rocks!'
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

EU Action/Reaction: Tales of the Untold
http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9777

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This is an interesting column: gods in Star Wars. http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9988

What does everyone think about the possible gods already in the EU, or just the possibility of gods in Star Wars in general?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't care, really. Fiction is fiction so I'm not going to host a book burning party or anything. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't rule out the so-called Force Wielders as gods due to their mortality (the Norse gods were mortal) or that two of them are offspring of Father (also common in mythology). Their power is certainly much more than that of ordinary people in the SW universe, but I wouldn't describe them as gods since they aren't worshiped nor do they seem to seek to be worshiped. That tends to be common among pantheistic deities, but admittedly I'm going off the top of my head so there could be exceptions. I think a being of power, if not acknowledged as a deity, probably shouldn't be described as one.

Posting from my phone so I will post further later.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

To correct an otherwise accurate detailing, not all of our gods want to be worshipped. You've taken the Norse one as an example, so I'll stick with them. They have their own lives and problems to deal with but, yes they keep a look out every once in a while and are generally benign and benevolent to us puny humans, but they don't much care for worship. They followed the Norse culture-they had to earn their praise and status, just like the warlords and jarls.
To extend this, The Father looks to be Odyn. The Daugher a cross between Tyr and Freya, and the Son Loki.

Personally, it never occurred to me that they'd be gods. Unless they state as such in the next episode (remember, me Brit, slightly behind you lot!) I had always thought of them as manifestations of the Force. Perhaps not wayward people/gods at all, but it's the Force taking physical appearance to guide its Chosen One, to realise his destiny.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

A Force Incarnation like Jesus Christ sorta?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

We have started our second column: The Star Wars Dissection. It's very different from what Chris writes, and any math/statistics/science person will really love it - anyone who isn't that kind of person will enjoy it anyway, I think. It's very informative. The first one deals with the misconception that we are getting fewer Star Wars products:

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/10137

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 3 of 11