Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, I just went on a Kyle Katarn video game kick and bought all of the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games I didn't already have. Which was four: Dark Forces, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

And I can't wait to play Mysteries of the Sith! I had no idea you could play as Mara in a computer game! That's so awesome! Very Happy

Good grief...I'm computer gaming myself to death this summer...Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Re: Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Okay, I just went on a Kyle Katarn video game kick and bought all of the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games I didn't already have. Which was four: Dark Forces, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

And I can't wait to play Mysteries of the Sith! I had no idea you could play as Mara in a computer game! That's so awesome! Very Happy

Good grief...I'm computer gaming myself to death this summer...Neutral

I so need to get that game! It's the only one of the line I've not played either!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I am at present in the middle of Mysteries of the Sith. Well...I may have passed halfway by this point, but I'm absolutely blazing through. I'll have to play it again and pay a little more attention the next time around.

Current Consensus:

While I'm enjoying it more than Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, it's only because Mara's in it. The gameplay is exactly the same, which I suppose should be expected, considering it's an expansion pack. And the graphics have also improved none whatsoever. My main pet peeve, however, is the ridiculous amount of water travel in this game! You have to get in the water (underwater) an excrutiating number of times. And yes, I'm going to admit this now, I have a paranoid, delusional fear of water levels in video games. So this is causing me some anxiety! Confused

Considering the graphics, this is one downright ugly Mara. On the upside, however, it is the perfect voice! Exactly the voice I've always imagined in my head, with just the right tone of fiestiness/snarkiness. Smile

So far, going well. Looking forward to finishing it and moving on the Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

It's odd, but I've never heard of this one. Is it a PC game, Mara?

And if the Jedi Knight 2 game is the one I'm thinking of, the one with Jaden Korr, then you may like that one better. It was a favourite of mine, except that it made my controller triggers squeek after too many play throughs!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Page 1 of 1